• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Ponderosa Meet on Jan. 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_freak_66

imported post

ponderosa

6727 S Cedar St.
Lansing, MI 48911.0

January 30th 2pm

already called,they would be more than happy to accomodate us,so long as we are in accordance with any applicable laws(they asked that i state that)

so...who would like to get together for a nice meet and greet?

also,we do NOT get a private room,its sit wherever,as they only have an overflow spot if it is to get too busy,so were more public than last time,unless we have more than 25people and request group seating.

1.lil_freak_66
2.Venator

lil_freak_66

imported post

just talked to my chiropractor today,whom as of last week is on the oc friendly business list.

got talking about it again,he mentioned bringing his sig to work(i forget the model but it was a full sized .45 with night sights),which i was able to see and check outi adore the thing,its beautiful!

anywho....talked to him and mentioned this event,he wrote it down and said he'd like to come! ill mention it again in the next few weeks with him,until the event.

craigm

imported post

I'll have to see how the finances look... I wanted to head up to Lansing to visit Music Manor and Elderly Instruments this weekend, anyway.

(yes, first post--been lurking for months, though)

cabman1

imported post

craigm wrote:
I'll have to see how the finances look... I wanted to head up to Lansing to visit Music Manor and Elderly Instruments this weekend, anyway.

(yes, first post--been lurking for months, though)

we can car pool from jackson

craigm

imported post

I don't think you'd want to do that... my trips to the music store are usually a good 4+ hours. Anyway, my cousin will probably be heading up with me.

mudvr1212

imported post

I would love to go, but it's my birthday and the lady is taking me places :dude:!

I don't know though, she asked me where "I" wanted to go for dinner :DHAHAHA How about Ponderosa in Lansing!?!?!?!?!:celebrate

Doubt it would fly, but I wish you all the best. Hopefully when I get my bonus from work, I'll be able to purchase the Sig P229 I've been looking at! Or the XDm...Depends on how much the bonus is. Especially since I just bought my first house.

(I know, it's like comparing apples to oranges!)

craigm

imported post

I love my XDM 9. It's just not "appropriate" for me to open carry, and with me being a smaller guy, it's too hard to conceal. That's why I'm going to get a Kahr PM9 after I sell my XDM. If you're an open carry guy, it's a great gun.

mudvr1212

imported post

It really came up well but it felt very top heavy, like most composite guns I've felt. The gentlemen behind the desk was a retired LEO that took the F.B.I course, or so he said, and he said for thatprice range, nothing really compared.

I'm not the largest guy, but at 6'3" 225 lbs. I'm not really worried about having a large weapon printing too much when I conceal.

I'll PM you so we don't hijack the thread!

craigm

imported post

I think I'm going to have to bail on this one--cousin doesn't feel comfortable about it and we're probably going to Guitar Center in Canton, MI instead of up to Lansing, MI. If he bails on me, I will be there. At an event like this do you all sit together, or just say hi and acknowledge the other carriers? I think Ponderosa is terrible, and it's not a place I'd choose to eat alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.