• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Ponderosa Meet on Jan. 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb31

Careful Brother OCer, while this may have been a provocative action, the person you are speaking about is a veteran who fought for his country, so you could have the right to the 1A & 2A rights you are invoking here. After this incident the PD of Lansing MI, have changed for the better due to the publicity their illegal detention of law-abiding citizens brought. As far as long gun OC goes: if I was not blessed enough to be able to afford a decent pistol, you can bet I'd OC a $100 Marlin 795 22lr. around if that's all I had to protect my family. Always remember it's easy to poke holes at someone, but until you have seen things from their shoes, maybe it's not the best way of communicating a message.

I see your point. I'm a Army veteran myself. So I dont speak from lack of experience. But I do see your point. However...carrying a rifle, or semi-auto machine gun, in public is absurd...regardless of your financial status.

You and I know it was done merely to make a point. All it accomplished was bringing negative attention.

DetroitBiker

That's right...anyone who doesnt agree with some moron carry an AR-15 and doesnt agree with every bit of nonsense that some of you youtube wizards pull must be a troll. lol Come up with that one on your own did ya? I don`t care if you agree or disagree with kimberguy`s method of carry. What makes you a troll IMO,is that you dug up an old thread, to post insults about how someone from michigan chose to legally carry a firearm. That was his choice ,you don`t need to come on here name calling with you first few post`s.

Btw...I'm far from anti-open. I OC 98% of the time smart guy. What I am is anti-stupid and anti-antagonist. Antagonizing the anti's, the general public and the police is counter productive and foolish. How long before Ponderosa is posted?
We don`t go around looking to antagonize anyone, you might want to do your homework before posting on other states sections on OCDO.Maybe the laws in Tenn. are slightly different then ours.
Try using your brains to educate those who are unaware instead of spewing the same tired rhetoric and then crying wolf when you wind up in court facing charges you broight upon yourselves.
If you look at some of the stickyed threads you will notice we have seminars on Open Carry to help educate fellow michiganders on the subject.
It only makes it that much harder for those of us that enjoy our freedoms and actually carry for true self defense....not a bunch of armchair warriors who brush the dorito crumbs off our laps once a week to leave moms basement in order to video tape ourselves running amuck in city's across the US, with loaded firearms, looking for confrontations with LE and others.
Again,we do not go around looking for confrontations wih LEO`s. the audio and or video recorders are to document any rights that may be violated by uninformed or overbearing leo`s.
Good Day Sir

Status
Not open for further replies.