• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Ponderosa Meet on Jan. 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bikenut

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
snip-

There's got to be more to this.
I know this much... what ever it was it had to be something important that would cause a man with a vision for a better country.. a freer country.. who worked at it with more than just posting on the 'net.. who gave of his time and resources in hopes of making a difference... to quit must be much more serious than just annoying postings on a forum.

autosurgeon

imported post

Same thing I said when Jim quit MGO... sometimes the weight gets too great... I know I have been there with local govt.

Anyway I hope he realizes how much we appreciate all he has done... and just BC he doesn't post here is no reason for him to quit the movement entirely... and I hope he realizes that!

TheSzerdi

imported post

Michigander wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
I'm not taking any offense at all. I'm challenging the stated opinions.

If someone can't handle criticism for there opinion in this environment then how would he/she handle being tackled and laid flat out on their stomach with a gun in their ear, a cop with his knee in the back and six more standing around screaming at him that if he wants to OC then this is what he can expect every time he does. All this going on in the middle of a city sidewalk with hundreds of people walking by.
I know you're trying to stir people up here, but now you're just going off the wall. I know from my many encounters that police don't like acting like such fools near or in large crowds, because of all the on site witnesses. It just doesn't happen that way.
So 4 squad cars and cops with gun's leveled at us ordering us to get out of the car in Fairlane Mall parking lot didn't happen?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
WARCHILD wrote: Maybe you should screen participants from now on. smartass remark. who doesn't make one on occasion.

New rule: No one shall be allowed to participate in any OC event until such time as they has been stood inspection and been cleared by the Master-At-Arms.

Hair must be cut so as to not extend below the ear lobes.

Beards shall be neatly trimmed to a length not to exceed 3/16th of an inch.

All tattoos shall be covered from public view.

Shirts must be tucked in. And belt buckles dressed right.

No tennis shoes, sneakers, running shoes, flip-flops, or sandals shall be worn.

Shoes shall be highly polished and black in color only.

more smartass remarks, bordering on rude and obnoxious now

Furthermore, the Master-At-Arms shall screen all "members" in such a manner as to limit the size of the "movement" in order to maintain the direction he deems appropriate to accomplish the objectives of the "movement". absolutely uncalled for. this is a personal attack.

We can't let this thing get out of hand and become too big for any one person.

lil_freak_66

imported post

CV67PAT

it is my opinion that you've been way out of line today with everything,the personal attacks are inappropriate,and the way you've been stating your opinions makes it sound like its more of a "im right your wrong" mentality.

id appreciate if it was stopped,as im sure most of MOC and ocdo also feel the same way about personal attacks.

G

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
WARCHILD wrote: Maybe you should screen participants from now on. smartass remark. who doesn't make one on occasion.

New rule: No one shall be allowed to participate in any OC event until such time as they has been stood inspection and been cleared by the Master-At-Arms.

Furthermore, the Master-At-Arms shall screen all "members" in such a manner as to limit the size of the "movement" in order to maintain the direction he deems appropriate to accomplish the objectives of the "movement". absolutely uncalled for. this is a personal attack.

So you're that thinned skinned that sarcastic humor to demonstrate the absurdity of the comment offends you???

I don't know what to say. I'm at a complete loss here.

lil_freak_66

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

So you're that thinned skinned that sarcastic humor to demonstrate the absurdity of the comment offends you???

I don't know what to say. I'm at a complete loss here.

please,stop with the personal attacks already

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
CV67PAT

it is my opinion that you've been way out of line today with everything,the personal attacks are inappropriate,and the way you've been stating your opinions makes it sound like its more of a "im right your wrong" mentality.

id appreciate if it was stopped,as im sure most of MOC and ocdo also feel the same way about personal attacks.
I see where taurus cited his observation of personal attacks.

Care to PM me with what you perceive as personal attacks?

I'll be a bit more candid to you in my observations there there for you, in order to alleviate any misconceptions you may have.

lil_freak_66

imported post

all your "rules" though funny at first,have become way out of line and somewhat personal.

and the way you state opinions,i feel you make it sound like an "im right your wrong" thing.

im rather busy,but will cite the posts i am concerned with when i get the chance.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
all your "rules" though funny at first,have become way out of line and somewhat personal.

and the way you state opinions,i feel you make it sound like an "im right your wrong" thing.

im rather busy,but will cite the posts i am concerned with when i get the chance.
The way you state your opinions makes it sound as if yours is the only logical choice. That there is only one way to approach things.

I look forward to hearing from you when you've got the time.

autosurgeon

imported post

It really is not so much that what you have said is so wrong or even out of line.... it's just how you said it that was bit lacking in tact.... Sometimes it is better to say less... to say more... if that makes any sense.

lil_freak_66

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It really is not so much that what you have said is so wrong or even out of line.... it's just how you said it that was bit lacking in tact.... Sometimes it is better to say less... to say more... if that makes any sense.
better stated,i have a problem with picking proper wording sometimes.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I really think this thread needs to die. I've not really been involved in the conversation for that very reason.

Let's take the good from this thread, and continue those conversations elsewhere.

autosurgeon

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
I really think this thread needs to die. I've not really been involved in the conversation for that very reason.

Let's take the good from this thread, and continue those conversations elsewhere.
I am willing ;) no more shall be heard from me in this thread.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:

I am willing ;) no more shall be heard from me in this thread.
;)

T Vance

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

T Vance

imported post

It's funny that none of this has made the news (at least that I can find). I know newspapers usually take to the police to find out recent crimes and runs in and usually print them under "police blotter".

Status
Not open for further replies.