• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CPL for Wa resident

Reco Very

imported post

Does anyone know if Wa has a problem with washington residents ONLY having a Utah CPL?

I would like to get a CPL, but want to get it through Utah. I have been told by some WA cpl holders that because I am a WA resident, I will need a Wa cpl.

Any info or help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :celebrate

swatspyder

imported post

Reco Very wrote:
Does anyone know if Wa has a problem with washington residents ONLY having a Utah CPL?

I would like to get a CPL, but want to get it through Utah. I have been told by some WA cpl holders that because I am a WA resident, I will need a Wa cpl.

Get WA, OR and FL. You will have a lot of states covered that way.

http://handgunlaw.us/

Tawnos

imported post

Reco Very wrote:

You need a WA permit if you are a WA resident. Under 9.41.073 (reciprocity):
(b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

Reco Very

imported post

Thanks everyone. I would have never found that on my own.

I really did not want to give Wa any more money, but I don't see an EASY way to carry without a CPL. Maybe I need to move.:)

tyguy808

imported post

Reco Very wrote:
Thanks everyone. I would have never found that on my own.

I really did not want to give Wa any more money, but I don't see an EASY way to carry without a CPL. Maybe I need to move.:)

You can always carry "Israeli" (nothing in the chamber), it only takes a second to chamber a round,and pop the clip when you get into your car. Thats what I did before I got my CPL.

Without a CPL you just can't carry on school grounds and LOADED in your car. Just be careful to make sure that your pistol is visible everywhere you go, especially in your car.

Reco Very

imported post

Right now the only pistol I own is a revolver......so the load/unload without cause for panic by general public is not so easy.

I know that Wa cpl is not hard to get. I just don't want to pay them more money than I already do. With my WDL + endorsements and all the other tabs,taxes, and fees, they get to much of my money.:cuss:

tyguy808

imported post

Reco Very wrote:
Right now the only pistol I own is a revolver......so the load/unload without cause for panic by general public is not so easy.

I know that Wa cpl is not hard to get. I just don't want to pay them more money than I already do. With my WDL + endorsements and all the other tabs,taxes, and fees, they get to much of my money.:cuss:
But you're talking about paying UTAH a couple hundred bucks (way more than Washington). Plus, you're gonna have to sit through a class,eight hours of your time. And to top it all off, you can't use it here anyways. I'd get the WA CPL and call it good unless you plan on traveling alot. It's $55.25, 20 minutes of your time and no class to take.

Also, a revolver is not a pistol. It's in a class of its own. The only way that they're considered the same is that they are both handguns.

Reco Very

imported post

The class would cost me $85, and 4 hrs. The Utah cpl is $65.25 the first time and $10 to renew every 5 years. So that's not bad. That is more to get the cpl, but less to renew it. That and the fact I already pay the state to many other fees already, is why I was looking into this.

As far as a revolver being in it's own class, it still has to be empty in my truck, and would require me to load and unload the cylinder everytime I get in and out of my truck. I don't think it will look real good.....

911, Whats your emergency?
caller: there's a man loading a gun in the Wal-mart Parking lot!

It would get ugly REAL quick.

tyguy808

imported post

Reco Very wrote:
911, Whats your emergency?
caller: there's a man loading a gun in the Wal-mart Parking lot!

It would get ugly REAL quick.

True enough.

You could get a pretty cheap pistol though. My PT111(9mm) cost 349 and my PT145(.45ACP)was 379. Then again theres always HiPoint.