• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Mateo County Sheriff loves hookers, hates open carriers?

dirtykoala

imported post

While I feel that is morally wrong to goto a bunny ranch while you have a wife, it not illegal in NV. Too bad for Munks, this wasn't a bunny ranch, this was a prostitution house in a shaddy suburb that was accused of having underaged prostitutes and people trafficing. Munks says he thought he was at a legitimate massage parlor... With half naked children???

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

None of this would be an issue if prostitution were decriminalized. I know it may not be a popular view among this forum's mostly right-leaning members. However, I feel moral issues should be left to the people, not the legislature. Like the War on Drugs, the War on Sex just drives the activities underground, providing yet another source of income to street gangs and needlessly creating systemic violence (e.g. human trafficking, sex slaves, etc.)

For the record, my recent trip to Las Vegas did not include a stop for a massage... though I almost got one while sitting at a poker table... but it was $1 per minute... with no happy ending - not worth it! (Of course I jest... good thing my wife doesn't read these forums or I'd be in trouble for even joking about it!)

onedavetoomany

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
None of this would be an issue if prostitution were decriminalized. I know it may not be a popular view among this forum's mostly right-leaning members. However, I feel moral issues should be left to the people, not the legislature. Like the War on Drugs, the War on Sex just drives the activities underground, providing yet another source of income to street gangs and needlessly creating systemic violence (e.g. human trafficking, sex slaves, etc.)
I agree. You're not the only libertarian on here ;)

....but the San Mateo Sheriff is still shady

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
None of this would be an issue if prostitution were decriminalized.

I don't think the issue here is whether or not prostitution should be decriminalized. It's whether or not a person elected to enforce the law should have to obey these same laws. For this scum bag to say he thought the place was operating legally is a big fat lie.

And this is the guy who directs his department to respond with "hypervigilant urgency" to a call reporting law-abiding citizens exercising their constitutional right.

If he lied about the Las Vegas incident, what makes you think he won't lie about shooting a law-abiding citizen?!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Hmmm, and EdPeruta was denied for moral character.

Not that I am to judge anyone's personal life and privacy, I too am not for the government to be invovled in moral, religous or what someone does to their own body.

Decoligny

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
While I feel that is morally wrong to goto a bunny ranch while you have a wife, it not illegal in NV. Too bad for Munks, this wasn't a bunny ranch, this was a prostitution house in a shaddy suburb that was accused of having underaged prostitutes and people trafficing. Munks says he thought he was at a legitimate massage parlor... With half naked children???

How many "legitimate" massage parlors operate out of houses, without any advetisement that they offer massages?

That would be NONE.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
How many "legitimate" massage parlors operate out of houses, without any advetisement that they offer massages?

That would be NONE.
Actually I know someone who does that. He just got his certification and works out of his home. He relies on word-of-mouth referrals.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

That would be NONE.
Actually I know someone who does that. He just got his certification and works out of his home. He relies on word-of-mouth referrals.
My mother and husband after getting their license did the same thing and made pretty good money.

Decoligny

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

That would be NONE.
But I bet he doesn't keep a large supply of condoms, vibrators, butt plugs, lubricants, and ecstacy pills on hand.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

All that stuff was collected over a large sweep of several locations. I didn't see any indication in the story that they were found at EVERY location.

(Not trying to convince anybody he wasn't there for a "happy ending"... just pointing out some of us are making some unfounded assumptions... no matter how likely those assumptions are right, they're still assumptions.)

Rusty

imported post

I lean quite a bit to the Libertarian viewpoint, and I agree that this should not be an issue. I really don't care what things people do on their own time, so long as it does not interfere with other peoples freedoms, and prostitution is an act involving two connecting adults (in the general case). However, being that it is illegal, they should be more harsh on LEO's then your normal "John". LEO's need to be held to a higher standard.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

MUNKS1-vi.jpg