• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Banana Carry Protest - San Mateo

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

T-shirt slogan time...

Do you think it'sMunk-ee businessto carry a banana for self-defense? Well, that's the way he would like it.

Lt Lunny could be used to, but it might be too obscure.

I kind of like the idea of a 'send-a-deputy-a-banana campaign', if the BOC (yes, thatsBanana Open Carry)event takes off.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If I eat my holstered banana before I get there, can I just holster the peeling?

:lol::celebrate:lol:

If an LEO requests to preform an unloaded (e) check onmy banana peel and I refuse, can I be arrested for carrying a loaded banana peel?

:celebrate:lol::celebrate

oc4ever

imported post

Many people not from California thinks this State is just full of fruits and nuts. There definition to those words may vary, but you guys are going to prove the statement is true with your bananas. I can just see the next San Francisco mayors political message:

"A fruit in every holster....."

... or was that a banana you were loading....

Captain_Awesome

imported post

i have a slogan HOOB - hands off our bananas.
can we have someone dressed as a banana with a police officer's hat or smething, and his name can be mr bananagrabber. or officer bananagrabber.

somebody please get the arrested development references. otherwise mr bananagraber sounds like a molester/rapist.

coolusername2007

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
If I eat my holstered banana before I get there, can I just holster the peeling?

If an LEO requests to preform an unloaded (e) check onmy banana peel and I refuse, can I be arrested for carrying a loaded banana peel?

:celebrate:lol:car:celebrate

I think that could beconsidered an illegal discharge of your banana!

So let me get this straight, a banana in the banana peel is LBC, loaded banana carry. While an empty banana peel is UBC, unloaded banana carry. Which do I need a permit for?

What if someone actually mistakes my holstered banana for a real gun, wouldn't that actually be illegal?

I don't know if I'm up for this, its a little weird for me and I was never any good at silly stunts like this. But I wish everyone well.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:

:celebrate:lol:car:celebrate

I think that could beconsidered an illegal discharge of your banana!

So let me get this straight, a banana in the banana peel is LBC, loaded banana carry. While an empty banana peel is UBC, unloaded banana carry. Which do I need a permit for?

What if someone actually mistakes my holstered banana for a real gun, wouldn't that actually be illegal?

I don't know if I'm up for this, its a little weird for me and I was never any good at silly stunts like this. But I wish everyone well.
We can't let this stand! The point is to make a public statement that the media can get behind and not really give us negative press on.

I would like to see you and perhaps your whole family there. It is silly, but that is the point. . . to show how silly they want it to be.

coolusername2007

imported post

Theseus wrote:
We can't let this stand! The point is to make a public statement that the media can get behind and not really give us negative press on.

I would like to see you and perhaps your whole family there. It is silly, but that is the point. . . to show how silly they want it to be.

Well, the kids would probably enjoy dressing up like bananas and we could put sheriff's badges on them.

I don't want to be the naysayer here, and I certainly don't want to be the kill-joy, but I would guess that if the media couldn't spin our little stunt in a negative light, then they probably wouldn't show up at all...so nothing would be reported anyway.

obeygiant

imported post

Would this constitute a hi-cap mag or an AW?

2266776-Mini-bananas-0.jpg

fwiw, I think this is a great idea and wish I lived closer.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gundude wrote:
Dayoooo Dayoooo Hey Mr Tallyman, tally me bananas........
This thread's hilarious! And your comment gives me an idea...

From here on out, instead of other derogatory terms, we could refer to anyone at any level in "the system" who wish to restrict our 2nd Amendment and self-defense rights in any way as "Tallyman."

Example: "I was minding my own business browsing through bedding when the Tallyman owner walked up and asked if we'd please leave."

Example: "That legislator's such a Tallyman!"

Pass the bananas, please... :celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote
Absolutely! However, as an armed bananaman, you have the tactical advantage. Just give them the slip and peel out of there. :celebrate

Livermoron

imported post

:D I am planning to attend the Crossroads of the West Gun SHow tomorrow at the Cow Palace in SF. Maybe a banana in the holster is appropriate attire for the show?

Additionally - San Mateo County is just down the road... ;) Hmmm...

Livermoron :cool:

PS - I can just hear the 911 calls coming in... "1 Adam 12, Report of large yellow fruit seen in public. Approach with ludicrous deadly force."

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Can you get a kid or two with signs offering to be cops or dispatchers since the grown-ups can't seem to use adult judgement?
By all means, this should be a family event- to reinforce the idea that this is in part about defending the people we love most.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You guys over there in California are too funny.

I hope your protest goes well if you get it worked out.

Pictures?

Hahahah, defend the Republic, with openly carried bananas, that's just beautiful.

Keep up the good fight.