Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone for a OC gathering on February 13th?

Post imported post

Is anyone up for another OC gathering for February 13th? It doesn' t have to be at the Village Inn, unless that is ok with everyone.

Let me know.

-desettle
    ”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Post imported post

That will probably work for me. I'll know for sure once it gets closer.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

I might be able to make it. The wife is having surgery on the 8th, if she is doing well by then I'll be there.

Post imported post

It's a bit of a drive, as I'm in the Springs, but I'd be up for it!

I'd need a good address and zip code for my GPS, as I'm not familiar with the Highland's Ranch area. I just know it's south of Denver.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

If it is at the Village Inn as last time, the address is:

23 Centennial Blvd

Littleton, CO 80129-2323

(303) 791-8808

It is there on Broadway and C-470

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...ed=0CAgQnwIwAA

Hope this helps,

”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

scubabeme

Post imported post

Really tempted, though I have yet to go "wading in the OC creek."

I CC all the time, and my holster is an IWB (Crossbreed Supertuck). Really comfortable for CC, but not a typical OC style; looks a lot like I just stuck my weapon in my pants. I also have an el cheapo nylon paddle holster that I just got to get used to the weight on my belt while around the house pre-CHP (and trying to decide on what carry holster to try first), but it, too, isn't one to impress anyone that observes it enough to think I'm "serious" about it.

Oh, and my wife gives me the "evil eye" whenever I suggest that I might OC, even though she, too, really is "gun friendly" andhas a CHP. She's bought into the "it'll get get you arrested on a felony charge for brandishing" line we were fed during our CHP training, and really wouldn't like the potential "attention" it mightdraw.

Post imported post

I can tell you that I would always recommend a retention OWB holster (such as Balckhawk's Serpa Level II (my favorite), snapped starp, or a thumb break (I have one of these for my .45 cal)) for OCing, to make sure the gun does not leave the holster until it is to be used. I know that this type of holster does not seem to exist for IWB, but I have never had a problem with mine.

As far as brandishing goes. Brandishing is to shake or wave, as a weapon. We never do this. We are well within the law when we simply carry OC and act as though it is not even there, unless it is needed. This is not brandishing.

You can CC if you feel better about it or simply get a good retention holster for OCing and come on out. You will be in good company and will propbably be the safest place in the city.

Hope to see you there.

Post imported post

Hey everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while but just recently registered to post. If you dont mind a new guy coming along then I'd love to join you.

Post imported post

Castle wrote:
    Hey everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while but just recently registered to post. If you dont mind a new guy coming along then I'd love to join you.
    Welcome and yes, we would love to have you.

Post imported post

Castle wrote:
    Welcome aboard, and you are more than welcome to join us. Looking forward to it.

Post imported post

scubabeme wrote:
    Really tempted, though I have yet to go "wading in the OC creek."Â*

I CC all the time, and my holster is an IWB (Crossbreed Supertuck).Â* Really comfortable for CC, but not a typical OC style; looks a lot like I just stuck my weapon in my pants.Â* I also have an el cheapo nylon paddle holster that I just got to get used to the weight on my belt while around the house pre-CHP (and trying to decide on what carry holster to try first), but it, too, isn't one to impress anyone that observes it enough to think I'm "serious" about it.Â*

Oh, and my wife gives me the "evil eye" whenever I suggest that I might OC, even though she, too, really is "gun friendly" andÂ*has a CHP.Â* She's bought into the "it'll get get you arrested on a felony charge for brandishing" line we were fed during our CHP training, and really wouldn't like the potential "attention" it mightÂ*draw.
    I'm still new to open carry and have OC every day for the last few months and have had only three questions from civilians. Being knowledgeable about the laws and polite have led to those three encounters being positive for the other party and myself! I have been in line at the gas station with an officer behind me and nothing more then a comment on my holster and my 6906! Now do be careful around denver and know the county lines. The day before New Years Eve I was taking my wife and her friends to the Fillmore in Denver for a show. After dropping them off and just turning off of Colfax I was stopped for a tail light out. I informed the officer that I was armed and he then asked me to step out of my Suburban. I told him I was open carry and asked if I could secure my weapon before exiting and he said no. I then asked if he could please call a supervisor to respond and he agreed. We had a short conversation while waiting and when the supervisor arrived, the officer spoke with him and then came over to my truck and asked a few quick questions and sent me on my way with a warning for the tail light and a have a good night. I cant say for sure, but had I exited my truck, I could have been charged for OC in Denver City limits! Just be smart and you should do fine! Good luck with your first OC if you decide to.

Post imported post

Not too bad of a drive, about an hour for me. I might be able to make it.

I've actually never been to a Village Inn, but I've heard good things. What time were you thinking?

Post imported post

Hope you can make it. I was think 10:00am, like last time, but am open for suggestions of other times if needed.

Post imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
    scubabeme wrote:

I CC all the time, and my holster is an IWB (Crossbreed Supertuck). Really comfortable for CC, but not a typical OC style; looks a lot like I just stuck my weapon in my pants. I also have an el cheapo nylon paddle holster that I just got to get used to the weight on my belt while around the house pre-CHP (and trying to decide on what carry holster to try first), but it, too, isn't one to impress anyone that observes it enough to think I'm "serious" about it.

Oh, and my wife gives me the "evil eye" whenever I suggest that I might OC, even though she, too, really is "gun friendly" andhas a CHP. She's bought into the "it'll get get you arrested on a felony charge for brandishing" line we were fed during our CHP training, and really wouldn't like the potential "attention" it mightdraw.
    I'm still new to open carry and have OC every day for the last few months and have had only three questions from civilians. Being knowledgeable about the laws and polite have led to those three encounters being positive for the other party and myself! I have been in line at the gas station with an officer behind me and nothing more then a comment on my holster and my 6906! Now do be careful around denver and know the county lines. The day before New Years Eve I was taking my wife and her friends to the Fillmore in Denver for a show. After dropping them off and just turning off of Colfax I was stopped for a tail light out. I informed the officer that I was armed and he then asked me to step out of my Suburban. I told him I was open carry and asked if I could secure my weapon before exiting and he said no. I then asked if he could please call a supervisor to respond and he agreed. We had a short conversation while waiting and when the supervisor arrived, the officer spoke with him and then came over to my truck and asked a few quick questions and sent me on my way with a warning for the tail light and a have a good night. I cant say for sure, but had I exited my truck, I could have been charged for OC in Denver City limits! Just be smart and you should do fine! Good luck with your first OC if you decide to.
    Suburban, I'm glad things worked out ok on that traffic stop. That was good thinking on your part.

Post imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
    I'm still new to open carry and have OC every day for the last few months and have had only three questions from civilians. Being knowledgeable about the laws and polite have led to those three encounters being positive for the other party and myself!
    Bingo!

All too often, OCers try to win arguments with the cops, primarily by insisting on each and every right while simultaneously exercising their OC rights.

Not too bright...

It's enough to get through the OC wicket while documenting the other rights violations and documenting them in the appropriate venue, commensurate with the growing history of such violations.

OC encounters, if handled appropriately with LEO officials, should rarely devolve into arrest.

And hopefully, pre-emptive discussions with LEO agencies by properly-informed individuals will result in educational briefings so as to avoid these sorts of undesirable incidents in the first place.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Hello gentlemen. Can't say for sure yet, but my wife, daughter and I will try to be there again. Had a great time at the last one. I'll try to let you know for sure in a couple weeks.

Post imported post

Hi Weaponize, it was great having you at the last gathering. I hope you and your wife and daughter can make it. I know I am looking forward to it.

Thanks,

desettle

Post imported post

Open for the meet, glad to come.

Post imported post

Ian, since you and I both live in the Springs, would you like to carpool? We could meet at the I-25 and Woodman park and drive just SW of Woodman and Mark Dabling. Save gas, good conversation...

Post imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
    scubabeme wrote:

lucky duck suburban for having such an easy encounter with Denver PD while armed. i heard they can be real a-holes about weapons even though you are legal. way to keep your wits about you.

i dont know if this has been posted before or not, but if you are going to be OC'ing in the metro area, you really should familiarize yourself with this.....

http://www.zipcodesandmore.com/county-map.aspx?county=08031

i live right on the line, so i am constantly referencing that map to see where i can OC and where i cant.

Post imported post

i may be able to make it. i'll have to consult my superior (the wife). i'll be keeping an eye on the plans though and i'll make it if i can.

Post imported post

Diocoles wrote:
    Open for the meet, glad to come.
    Glad you can make it. Looking forward to meeting you.

-desettle

Post imported post

bomber wrote:
    i may be able to make it. i'll have to consult my superior (the wife). i'll be keeping an eye on the plans though and i'll make it if i can.
    I fully understand. I know that my wife will be there, again, with me, so if she would like to come along, she is more than welcome. I know that Weaponize had brought his wife and daughter to the last one.

Hope you can make it.

-desettle

Post imported post

I am hoping to get a pretty good count of how many will be able to attend by Wednesday (2/11) before Saturday (2/13) to try see if I can make reservations, not sure if they do that or not but will find out.

-desettle

Post imported post

The wifey may be gun friendly and support me and my beliefs, but she will not carry nor attend.

She does carry a 2.5Million volt zapper and spray along with an extendable baton. Likes to shoot my 22lr weapons, but is lousy with anything 9mm or larger and just doesn't like the idea of open carry.

She says it's just asking for trouble.

Not going to argue about it, she just won't come. But I'm definitely going to be there. Good food, too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast