• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who would I contact to try and get the Michigan Gun Laws Changed?

mikestilly

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
dougwg wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Your mommy....she seems like a fighter.

wtf was that about?
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75945

All I have to say is after reading this thread and many others there how can anyone on that board be taken seriously. The difference between there and here is like night and day. I've never seen so many rude, childish, elementary school posting on a gun rights board anywhere else. It looks to be par for the course too I brought up a few posts there to get nasty responses on almost every thread.
I had no plans on starting a fight over this Topic, SO WE REALLY DONT NEED TO GO THERE. I am trying to get the Firearm Laws changed so it helps everyone out, And saves a lot of Hassle, and Money for people that do carry a Firearm. So we dont even need to start a fight about something else on here, So lets try and not to fight about this one?

Who's fighting? I just made a statement of my observations of MGO. Nothing more.

As for changing gun laws in Michigan it's a very very tough road especially in this state with the massive piles of liberals here. The way to changes laws is to get law makers to sponsor a bill to change specific laws. For instance there is HB 4348 (bill to repeal gun free zones) it was Sponsored by Richard LeBlanc - (primary)
Joel Sheltrown, Justin Amash, Bob Genetski, Gino Polidori, David Agema

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(plf5kk451fgbp3awgcnxoj45))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectName=2009-HB-4348

Then it needs to pass both the house and the senate but even before that it has to go through the judiciary committee. So far this bill has sat in the judiciary since 2/19/2009 and I have no idea how long it takes to get out of there or if it can sit there forever.

What you can do is after a bill is sponsored and read and comes out of the judiciary is then call your elected officials of your district about how you feel about an issue. Get as many people to blast communications to the house or senate of the state depending on where the bill is. Even before then you can be in contact with your rep's and spread the word of like minded people and continue to spread the word and get the largest pool of people you can to all communicate with their reps and also show the rep's that this is an issue that means a lot to a large people (constituents) and hopefully that will have an impact. That's how you get laws changed.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

What exactly are you asking?

I have already made my position known on the above issue (and a few others) to everybody in the house and senate.

If thereis anyone else who I have missed, let me know, and I will add them to my lost of people to contact.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

yessir, thats how it works. I do what I can, but it can be difficult to get people to realise what to do, then once they realise it, they got to know what to do, then its a matter of actualy getting it done. Then theres the whole "glass houses" thing, hahaha.

THway

imported post

Perhaps you should contact Dr Bob Basso, the modern day Thomas Paine. That man is my hero. You could learn a lot from one of his speeches.

Try listening to my favorite speech in Indiana. Listen to parts 1-5ish....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRUWhXLpHTk&feature=related

One of my favorite quotes is in part 2 of the series....

"...When Bobby Knight throws a chair across a basketball court, that is a protest. When millions of Americans march in the streets, that is a full fledged rebellion!..."