• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ot- reloading supplies south end?

Metalhead47

imported post

im gonna be on the mainland tomorrow (sat), and need a few reloading things. in the snoco area i know theres dgs, sams, & lynnwood gun & ammo, which pretty much suck for supplies.. adventure sports is soso.

i never make it down to the south end anymore, any well stocked stores say, around tukwila? eastside? (why is it a north & south END, but an east SIDE anyway)

im afraid that awesome lil not-gun store in cle elum with shelves & shelves of ammo & supplies has forever spoiled me.

kito109654

imported post

Nope, nothing in this area. Lynnwood Gun does have some stuff but not a huge selection and only a couple brands to choose from. Yuck, I hate that crappy place. I like Adventure, it's about 3 blocks from my front door but they have little in the way of reloading as you've said.

The best selection is an hour north in Burlington at Wholesale Sports.

amlevin

imported post

I have shopped in just about every shop that stocks reloading supplies in the Puget Sound area. I always keep going back to Kesselring's, north of Burlington. They seem to have a reliable supply of powder, bullets, and primers when others are out. Prices have gone up EVERYWHERE so get used to it. Sportsman Wholesale has some stuff, sometimes. No bulk bullets and their powder/primer supply needs help. Adventure Sports has smaller supplies and higher prices than Kesselring's but if you are a rifle shooter they are OK.

If you need supplies like powder and primers and are willing to buy some larger amounts, consider places like Powder Valley's online store. I buy two or three 8# "kegs" of powder, and 5,000 primers at a time. Yes, you have to pay shipping and a hazmat fee but it comes to your door. My last order was still less than the same items purchased locally as the extra shipping/hazmat fees were offset by my not having to burn gas as well as other "savings" (wink, wink). This doesn't work if you want a pound of powder and 100 primers but is great for shipments up to 47#.

chevysquid

imported post

Whats the place in cle elum you are talking about? Never been there but might be worth the trip some weekend.

Metalhead47

imported post

chevysquid wrote:
Whats the place in cle elum you are talking about? Never been there but might be worth the trip some weekend.
http://threeforksreloading.com/

Three Forks Reloading, right off I-90 in Cle Elum. Definitely worth the trip some time no matter where in the state you are, they have shelves & shelves of reloading supplies AND ammo! It's a good thing they're not closer or I'd have to just start writing my paychecks directly over to them. Store guys are great too, friendly & very helpful. And any place with a dog named Magnum just gets cool points. :cool:

I'll be heading there next Sunday myself for some stuff.