• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in a bar?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like he stepped out to greet his girlfriend when she arrived and they wanted him to pay a cover when he tried to go back in (presumably he was there before they started charging cover).

I'd refuse to pay, too. Which means I'd also be ejected. And I'd also take issue with being a victim of battery over it.

zack991

imported post

buster81 wrote:
zack991 wrote:
Well he acted like a complete child during the event and he was surprised they were going to toss him out. For those who say why the back alley? I have seen it so many times and have had to deal with retards like this guy in the past.

People like himfight with the bouncers from the time they show to start a fight with the hopes it gets physical. So instead of tossing him out front where more people could get involved or hurt it is safer for the patrons who are there if we toss you out of the building from the back door. This F&%%ing retard was just itching to pull his gun out period.

This moron pulls a gun on bouncers who are removing a threat to other patrons and a person who is refusing to pay. Just think if they did toss this fool out in front and pulled his gun. Thank God this idiot gun owner did not have a loaded firearm. Those who have ever worked as a bouncer or a guard know you want to remove the threat as soon as possible so it does not influence others from adding to the problem or getting hurt.

You do not want to risk hurting the peaceful patronsbecause of a few morons who want to start a fist fight. This is what the guy wanted and everything shows him being confrontational. If the safest and quickest way to remove him is out the back door then so be it. If he was this "innocent person" then he wouldn't have being fighting with the bouncers and would have not refused to pay. PERIOD Quick making excuse for a bad gun owner.

If he was this innocent person he would have left without making a scene, but choose to pick a fight and lost. In turn draws his gun for something HE STARTED and cry's wolf as a victim even though he was escalating the fight. Yet people asks why I think a person with a gun and consuming booze is a bad idea.

First, you might re-think the reference to "retards." I suspect otherswith disabled loved-ones would find it offensive. I know I do.

Second, I don't know where it says he acted like that, but I did read this:

"A Longview man, a friend of Barnd-Spjut, testified that Kesler's bouncers attacked him and knocked him unconscious in the alley.

And Brandon Kesler, who took the stand for the defense, said he had previously discussed the problems with Barnd-Spjut and reprimanded some of his bouncers for being too aggressive."

It sounds like at least one other person was "removed" from Kesslers into the alley. The bouncers scored a KO on that guy.You might be right though.This might have been a case where the bouncers had no intentions to put a beating on this guy. We'll never know for sure.

If this idiot had not had a gun with him, the story could easily have been about a dummy who refused to pay a cover charge, and was taken out into the alley,beaten up and left unconscious. Nothing dangerous about that.

Was there another article that said this guy had been drinking before this incident?I don't remember alcohol having been involved when I first read about it, but I might be missing it.

One lessonis re-affirmed for me from this.I never go anywhere where they need bouncers.
Sorry I did not mean to use the word that way. I should have stuck with moron, I was just getting ticked that people are defending a man who refused to pay and refused to leave and continued to pick a fight. I have seen it so many times where people puff up their chest when a bouncer shows authority to remove them. That anyone who has gone to bars knows how easily fights do break out and the many cases where trouble makers are trying to pick a fight, then cry wolf when bouncers kick their ass up and down the bar.

There are some people trying defend this mans stupid actions, a responsible gun owner would not have refused to pay or have refused to leave when asked. Gun owners should never want a confrontation and should do everything we can to avoid them. This idiot did everything he could do get involed in a fight and drew his gun when the bouncers used force to remove him. This IDIOT is far from a responsible gun owner and needs to have some smarts knocked back into him.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Sounds like he stepped out to greet his girlfriend when she arrived and they wanted him to pay a cover when he tried to go back in (presumably he was there before they started charging cover).

I'd refuse to pay, too. Which means I'd also be ejected. And I'd also take issue with being a victim of battery over it.
You're such a troublemaker :p. I bet you take issue with all sorts of minor things like that!

zack991

imported post

marshaul wrote:

As for this policy we have in OH we can not allow people to smoke in the bar that I work at. We allow people to go out on the back patio to smoke or out the front door to smoke. Yet as soon as you walk to your car or past the yellow painted line on the parking lot you have to pay again to enter. It is posted on the outside of the building and if people have a problem with it we tell them feel free to go to another bar.

Simply put either you can bitch and cry about it or take your money else where. The reason we enforce it so hard is that we have people who get into pissing matches and go to their cars to get weapons, so when your gone for several minuets we have to waste more time re patting you down. The people that we lose sight off that come back I say more then 50% of the time they left to go to get a weapon.We find weapons on people more then we would like. We remind everyone that if they cross the yellow mark on the ground or stay outside for more then 5 MIN they will have to pay again.

I tell the people who want to bitch that they simply can go else where. I will promise you if you cause any problems we will rough handle you to show you and others do not push us around thinking you are going to make us bend the rules for you. I am not a very large man but others whom I work with make me look very tiny. People think they can bully their way in. Our job is to make sure people can have a great time in a safe environment and we have strict rules to make sure it stays that way. I want to make it clear to people that if you do not like it be the bigger man and walk away. Because either you can obey our requests to pay,or to leave and if you continue to start problems you are forcing us to act in protection of the other patrons.

Instead of this man doing the best thing and walking away he decide to make a scene and was picking for a fight with bouncers and when the bouncers where kicking him out of the bar he cried wolf and pulled his gun. Any gun owner who would have gone back to bitch knowing it was going to case problems failed at being a responsible gun owner to avoid fights. You do not have to like the bars policy but you better damn respect the owners wishes.

If I many quote Diesel-n-Lead
If you are the type of person who would draw a weapon during an ARGUMENT then you have absolutely NO BUSINESS carrying one and chances are you are a thug and not a law-abiding gun owner. Point moot.[quote/]

buster81

imported post

zack991 wrote:
Sorry I did not mean to use the word that way. I should have stuck with moron, I was just getting ticked that people are defending a man who refused to pay and refused to leave and continued to pick a fight. I have seen it so many times where people puff up their chest when a bouncer shows authority to remove them. That anyone who has gone to bars knows how easily fights do break out and the many cases where trouble makers are trying to pick a fight, then cry wolf when bouncers kick their ass up and down the bar.

There are some people trying defend this mans stupid actions, a responsible gun owner would not have refused to pay or have refused to leave when asked. Gun owners should never want a confrontation and should do everything we can to avoid them. This idiot did everything he could do get involed in a fight and drew his gun when the bouncers used force to remove him. This IDIOT is far from a responsible gun owner and needs to have some smarts knocked back into him.

Moron would have been better. Did we ever determine if this guy had been drinking before the incident? It wasn't mentioned that I can see, so it doesn't seem relevant.

You are right, fights do break out at bars.Anyone that goes to them should also know that sometimes, bouncers get overly enthusiastic, and beat up patrons. It's difficult to say what happened here.

ace1001

imported post

This is what "reasonable doubt " is all about. You don't put someone away for ten years unless it is clear that harm was done or intended. If he had pulled the gun and NOT pointed it at anyone unless they approached, he would have been justified. You don't have to let anyone except the police beat you. Ace

jrwalker

imported post

zack991 wrote:
SsevenN wrote:
I'm not sure I'm getting this right, but if I am, it seems this guy was pretty reckless.

After refusing to pay a cover charge, and refusing to physically leave, the only thing left to do is use force to kick him out.

Then he spins on three guys and pulls the trigger multiple times!

From the bouncers point of view, they were doing their job and 100% in the right, and all of a sudden a guy trys to kill you? Thank god the nit-wit hadn't loaded the gun.

@#$% that.
THIS. I still say firearms have no plasce in a bar period. A restaurant is one thing a bar is a hole other mess.
What if I'm a DD?