Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: OC more than a pistol!

  1. #1
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368

    Post imported post

    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?

  2. #2
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    Um, that's not going to represent us in the best light... Remember, when you do this kind of thing, the liberals see it as a gun-wacko kind of thing. OC'ing a shotgun or rifle (especially an ar15) is a bit over-the-top.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  3. #3
    Regular Member swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    Unless you are going out with a large group of fellow OCers, you are risking being put on the ground by police. Especially if you plan on going into any stores.

  4. #4
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368

    Post imported post

    swatspyder wrote:
    Unless you are going out with a large group of fellow OCers, you are risking being put on the ground by police. Especially if you plan on going into any stores.
    Ya i wouldnt go in a store carrying like that.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I have OC'ed my SKS and pistol but that was walking to the trail with kids to go hiking and plinking. So it depends on you activity I would think.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    bennie1986 wrote:
    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
    You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.

  7. #7
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    I've OC'd both of these. Although, I just OC'd my AR from my house to my truck and from my truck to the firing line at my range. :P



    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    bennie1986 wrote:
    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
    You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.
    That case is exactly why I made sure my rifle was slung behind my back and not being carried in my hands.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    bennie1986 wrote:
    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
    You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.
    State v Spencer proves we have a huge battle ahead in the courts because they just do not respect the "Shall not infringe" words of the highest law of the land. I read the entire ruling and it made me sick to know that they just don't care about the Constitution... and that just because the courts (full of Statists and Despots) say something is not unconstitutional does not mean that it is not unconstitutional... it just means our Republic is on life support.

    Of course, I am not advocating going against these rulings alone... because you'd lose and never get anything accomplished. One person never sends a message. If we ever were to win this, we'd have to have a very good strategy involving hundreds if not thousands of people willing to stand up and tell the State to suck it... but until then, we'll have to plan and prepare for how to battle these tyrants in the courts.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Skagit Valley, Washington
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
    Maybe a bullet-proof jacket with plates and a bandolier of 30 rounders and a Tac holster on your thigh would complete the ensemble. Ya gonna hike down Riverside Ave?
    Have someone else take pics- you may have your hands full....

    If it qualifies as OC to transport a long arm from safe to vehicle and vehicle to point of practice, I guess I do that most every weekend.
    But if OC means more "carry amongst the sheeple masses in places you don't expect to see armament" that's really more an activity for a short barrel. And I don't mean an SBR....

    If you put yourself in the "other guy's shoes" for a moment, you can separate the cases.
    I walked into Starbucks today. There were 3 WSP having coffee. They gave me the stink-eye, seeing my Glock in a Serpa. So I looked right at 'em, smiled, and said Hi.
    I can see why recent events might make them a little on edge.

    I suggest a long gun be cased unless there's a real good reason not to....
    You could be asked to explain

  11. #11
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Hammer wrote:
    If you put yourself in the "other guy's shoes" for a moment, you can separate the cases.
    I walked into Starbucks today. There were 3 WSP having coffee. They gave me the stink-eye, seeing my Glock in a Serpa. So I looked right at 'em, smiled, and said Hi.
    I can see why recent events might make them a little on edge.

    I suggest a long gun be cased unless there's a real good reason not to....
    You could be asked to explain
    You'd think that they'd be more supportive of OC since the guys who keep killing LEOs are usually hiding their weapons from the public.

    When you OC...its all there for everyone to see... you aren't hiding anything. As far as I would guess.... sheeple be damned... the LEOs would be happy if there was a law that made OC the only way so that anyone concealing a weapon (under clothingor in a purse orfanny pack)would be breaking the law. Of course, I'm against any and all laws against the good citizen carrying or owning any weapon of any choice anywhere and in any fashion.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  12. #12
    Regular Member swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    551 people on OCDO who have their location set to Washington State and there are around 6,664,195 people living here (July 2009 estimate). http://www.census.gov/popest/states/...EST2009-01.xls

    We are going to need a whole lot more people open carrying to show it is normal in this state to openly carry a firearm. Sunny season 2010, we should try to have a lot more meets in different cities where we can all walk around or go to some parks and hand out fliers and show that it is normal. Walking the sidewalks in Seattle, walking the area around downtown and just spending time going into shops and getting exposure. We should have this in other cities in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Eastern Washington members should get a larger group to go around Spokane, Pullman and Ellensburg.

  13. #13
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    NavyLT wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Um, that's not going to represent us in the best light... Remember, when you do this kind of thing, the liberals see it as a gun-wacko kind of thing. OC'ing a shotgun or rifle (especially an ar15) is a bit over-the-top.
    That's a pretty hypocritical statement, in my humble opinion. To some people open carrying any gun is over the top and we complain about that, especially when they try to make it law.
    Unless you read the post above about separating the classes of weapons...
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    swatspyder wrote:
    551 people on OCDO who have their location set to Washington State and there are around 6,664,195 people living here (July 2009 estimate). http://www.census.gov/popest/states/...EST2009-01.xls

    We are going to need a whole lot more people open carrying to show it is normal in this state to openly carry a firearm. Sunny season 2010, we should try to have a lot more meets in different cities where we can all walk around or go to some parks and hand out fliers and show that it is normal. Walking the sidewalks in Seattle, walking the area around downtown and just spending time going into shops and getting exposure. We should have this in other cities in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Eastern Washington members should get a larger group to go around Spokane, Pullman and Ellensburg.
    We do need a Good video to run on Public TV.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    187

    Post imported post

    I feel fine around my town of arlington, I've buzzed through town on my dirtbike with my Saiga12 on my back a few times on my way to go shooting. got a few wierd looks but a lot of people didnt look twice. oh woops, youre not supposed to have those loaded heheh :P


    It might look bad if you broke out the camoflauge and army boots...

    I definietly wouldn't hit the mall though, the cops would probably shoot first ask you questions later



  16. #16
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Um, that's not going to represent us in the best light... Remember, when you do this kind of thing, the liberals see it as a gun-wacko kind of thing. OC'ing a shotgun or rifle (especially an ar15) is a bit over-the-top.
    That's a pretty hypocritical statement, in my humble opinion. To some people open carrying any gun is over the top and we complain about that, especially when they try to make it law.
    Unless you read the post above about separating the classes of weapons...
    So we're fighting just for pistols, not shotguns, evil black rifles, or even Ruger 10/22's, huh?

    See, to me that's kind of defeating the purpose. "Carry a gun, but only a pistol. Anything else makes you a whacko."

    Isn't the whole "open carry" movement supposed to be putting it in the public awareness?

    Just my .02. I want to OC my rifle a lot more than I do.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  17. #17
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    killchain wrote:
    So we're fighting just for pistols, not shotguns, evil black rifles, or even Ruger 10/22's, huh?

    See, to me that's kind of defeating the purpose. "Carry a gun, but only a pistol. Anything else makes you a whacko."

    Isn't the whole "open carry" movement supposed to be putting it in the public awareness?

    Just my .02. I want to OC my rifle a lot more than I do.
    I agree on that one. Kind of like the assault weapons ban. Discrimination. Arms are arms.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, Washington, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post



  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, Washington, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Damn, I love a cup of Freedom in the morning! These new young bloods are going to pass us old careful buzzards before we know it.

    My gut was saying that was over the top too, till LT said it best.

    What is the difference between a glock and 30 rounds of ammo and a shotgun with 6? They are both arms. Who am I to tell someone WHAT to carry.

    In terms of range, I am better with my m-29 out to 200 yards than any shotgun.

    Is it convenience? Meaning that you can open carry as long as you don't LOOK like you are open carrying? no.

    Arms are Arms. Slung over the back is the same as in the holster.

    This is great stuff.

  20. #20
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    swatspyder wrote:
    551 people on OCDO who have their location set to Washington State and there are around 6,664,195 people living here (July 2009 estimate). http://www.census.gov/popest/states/...EST2009-01.xls

    We are going to need a whole lot more people open carrying to show it is normal in this state to openly carry a firearm. Sunny season 2010, we should try to have a lot more meets in different cities where we can all walk around or go to some parks and hand out fliers and show that it is normal. Walking the sidewalks in Seattle, walking the area around downtown and just spending time going into shops and getting exposure. We should have this in other cities in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Eastern Washington members should get a larger group to go around Spokane, Pullman and Ellensburg.
    We do need a Good video to run on Public TV.
    I have mentioned this on a few threads. We need to have some whole family outings showing we open carry to protect our families and our happy families are alive and well.on and off public transport, zoo? Seattle Aquarium? Seattle parks? Have a family day, instead of an approved by the management prearrange meet, where we sit around getting fatter. I get much bigger, OC for me will still be CC, My side love handles are starting to conceal the rest of my exposed firearm. I gonna wind up having to strap a holster to a headband to OC. I wish I lived closer to you guys, I would love to meet up with a few of you and go out for a cup of coffee, some of you seem intelligent enough. OOPs sorry wrong wording, normal enough. LOL.

    in light of this thread, I wonder, if you "were" to OC an AR, do you carry barrel up or barrel down, is there a law? I saw the vid at a park of a guy OC an AR and it looked like he plugged his barrel in with dirt when squatted down.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  21. #21
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Wheelgunner wrote:
    Damn, I love a cup of Freedom in the morning! These new young bloods are going to pass us old careful buzzards before we know it.

    My gut was saying that was over the top too, till LT said it best.

    What is the difference between a glock and 30 rounds of ammo and a shotgun with 6? They are both arms. Who am I to tell someone WHAT to carry.

    In terms of range, I am better with my m-29 out to 200 yards than any shotgun.

    Is it convenience? Meaning that you can open carry as long as you don't LOOK like you are open carrying? no.

    Arms are Arms. Slung over the back is the same as in the holster.

    This is great stuff.

    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  22. #22
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234

    Post imported post

    amzbrady wrote:
    Snip- (if you) "were" to OC an AR, do you carry barrel up or barrel down, is there a law? I saw the vid at a park of a guy OC an AR and it looked like he plugged his barrel in with dirt when squatted down.
    As far as a know of, no law onup v. downhere. BUT, Two schools of thought:

    1) Pointing up lets the bullet fly, fly fly... what goes up, must come down.

    2) pointing Down Lets the bullet bury itself in the ground, but, since most of us live in the city, and bullets will bounce back up with radical force and could then strike someone close (or/then see #1). Even in dirt, might find rocks or solids to bounce off of.

    -So my personal preference would be point it up, and there is a high chance thats the direction it'll go anyways. In the military, we carried them up, on the shoulder, or kinda cross-ways along the back on a tac-rig. ----------bang-------> (ouch)

    However, be 100% aware as to method of carry. being "At the ready" is same as "gun in hand", we seen this in case laws. Over,all, i'd simply state that muzzle awareness, not sticking it in the ground, flagging a buddy, and being alert as to ones surroundings is paramount with any firearm, a rifle even more so due to it's inherit strength.

    Although i think it a bit brazen to carry a rifle (under current affairs), and i understand the premise of "how the cause is viewed" when balanced upon a rifle, I still fully support the rifle-mans right to carry, as much as a pistol OC, CC, etc. I do however hope they understand the attention that may be received, or how they may be perceived by onlookers. But, alas, the intention above all is second amendment freedom, raising awareness, and nothing, i mean NOTHING, will do that more than legally carrying a rifle in awell managedmanner, and being able to be perceived as a "good guy" at the same time. If one can accomplish this, then full kudos and bravo! I admit, i would love to tote my L1A1 with complete anonymity and normalcy. I am a full patriot, and have to give respect to those that push the envelope in a legal and civilised manner... takes balls.

    Let Freedom Ring,

    Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chandler, AZ/Federal Way, WA, ,
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    bennie1986 wrote:
    I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
    You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.
    State v Spencer proves we have a huge battle ahead in the courts because they just do not respect the "Shall not infringe" words of the highest law of the land. I read the entire ruling and it made me sick to know that they just don't care about the Constitution... and that just because the courts (full of Statists and Despots) say something is not unconstitutional does not mean that it is not unconstitutional... it just means our Republic is on life support.

    Of course, I am not advocating going against these rulings alone... because you'd lose and never get anything accomplished. One person never sends a message. If we ever were to win this, we'd have to have a very good strategy involving hundreds if not thousands of people willing to stand up and tell the State to suck it... but until then, we'll have to plan and prepare for how to battle these tyrants in the courts.
    I really do not mean to nitpick, but, "shall not be infringed" is the wording in the federal constitution and the 2nd amendment has not been applied to the states. The WA State constitution is the document that outlines and protects your right to bear arms in this state.



  24. #24
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Kildars wrote:
    The WA State constitution is the document that outlines and protects your right to bear arms in this state.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-3253-Minne...s-no-good-here




    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Poosharker wrote:
    Kildars wrote:
    The WA State constitution is the document that outlines and protects your right to bear arms in this state.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-3253-Minne...s-no-good-here

    The second ammendment has always applied. Hence the beginning words of "we the people".

    In less than a 100 yrs after our start lawyers and politicians made a loop hole for them to escape this fact. Hopefully soon with "incorporation" it will again be as the supreme law of the land. Then we can start working on the countless other ways government has overstepped its boundaries.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •