• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC more than a pistol!

bennie1986

imported post

I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

:question: :uhoh: Um, that's not going to represent us in the best light... Remember, when you do this kind of thing, the liberals see it as a gun-wacko kind of thing. OC'ing a shotgun or rifle (especially an ar15) is a bit over-the-top.

bennie1986

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Unless you are going out with a large group of fellow OCers, you are risking being put on the ground by police. Especially if you plan on going into any stores.
Ya i wouldnt go in a store carrying like that.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have OC'ed my SKS and pistol but that was walking to the trail with kids to go hiking and plinking. So it depends on you activity I would think.

Trigger Dr

imported post

bennie1986 wrote:
I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?
You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.

gsx1138

imported post

I've OC'd both of these. Although, I just OC'd my AR from my house to my truck and from my truck to the firing line at my range. :p

4.jpg

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
bennie1986 wrote:
You might want to take a good hard look at State v Spencer and make your decision accordingly.
That case is exactly why I made sure my rifle was slung behind my back and not being carried in my hands.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
bennie1986 wrote:
State v Spencer proves we have a huge battle ahead in the courts because they just do not respect the "Shall not infringe" words of the highest law of the land. I read the entire ruling and it made me sick to know that they just don't care about the Constitution... and that just because the courts (full of Statists and Despots) say something is not unconstitutional does not mean that it is not unconstitutional... it just means our Republic is on life support.

Of course, I am not advocating going against these rulings alone... because you'd lose and never get anything accomplished. One person never sends a message. If we ever were to win this, we'd have to have a very good strategy involving hundreds if not thousands of people willing to stand up and tell the State to suck it... but until then, we'll have to plan and prepare for how to battle these tyrants in the courts.

Hammer

imported post

Maybe a bullet-proof jacket with plates and a bandolier of 30 rounders and a Tac holster on your thigh would complete the ensemble. Ya gonna hike down Riverside Ave?
Have someone else take pics- you may have your hands full....

If it qualifies as OC to transport a long arm from safe to vehicle and vehicle to point of practice, I guess I do that most every weekend.
But if OC means more "carry amongst the sheeple masses in places you don't expect to see armament" that's really more an activity for a short barrel. And I don't mean an SBR....

If you put yourself in the "other guy's shoes" for a moment, you can separate the cases.
I walked into Starbucks today. There were 3 WSP having coffee. They gave me the stink-eye, seeing my Glock in a Serpa. So I looked right at 'em, smiled, and said Hi.
I can see why recent events might make them a little on edge.

I suggest a long gun be cased unless there's a real good reason not to....
You could be asked to explain :dude:

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Hammer wrote:
If you put yourself in the "other guy's shoes" for a moment, you can separate the cases.
I walked into Starbucks today. There were 3 WSP having coffee. They gave me the stink-eye, seeing my Glock in a Serpa. So I looked right at 'em, smiled, and said Hi.
I can see why recent events might make them a little on edge.

I suggest a long gun be cased unless there's a real good reason not to....
You could be asked to explain :dude:
You'd think that they'd be more supportive of OC since the guys who keep killing LEOs are usually hiding their weapons from the public.

When you OC...its all there for everyone to see... you aren't hiding anything. As far as I would guess.... sheeple be damned... the LEOs would be happy if there was a law that made OC the only way so that anyone concealing a weapon (under clothingor in a purse orfanny pack)would be breaking the law. Of course, I'm against any and all laws against the good citizen carrying or owning any weapon of any choice anywhere and in any fashion.

swatspyder

imported post

551 people on OCDO who have their location set to Washington State and there are around 6,664,195 people living here (July 2009 estimate). http://www.census.gov/popest/states/tables/NST-EST2009-01.xls

We are going to need a whole lot more people open carrying to show it is normal in this state to openly carry a firearm. Sunny season 2010, we should try to have a lot more meets in different cities where we can all walk around or go to some parks and hand out fliers and show that it is normal. Walking the sidewalks in Seattle, walking the area around downtown and just spending time going into shops and getting exposure. We should have this in other cities in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Eastern Washington members should get a larger group to go around Spokane, Pullman and Ellensburg.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
:question: :uhoh: Um, that's not going to represent us in the best light... Remember, when you do this kind of thing, the liberals see it as a gun-wacko kind of thing. OC'ing a shotgun or rifle (especially an ar15) is a bit over-the-top.
That's a pretty hypocritical statement, in my humble opinion. To some people open carrying any gun is over the top and we complain about that, especially when they try to make it law.
Unless you read the post above about separating the classes of weapons...

Trigger Dr

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
551 people on OCDO who have their location set to Washington State and there are around 6,664,195 people living here (July 2009 estimate). http://www.census.gov/popest/states/tables/NST-EST2009-01.xls

We are going to need a whole lot more people open carrying to show it is normal in this state to openly carry a firearm. Sunny season 2010, we should try to have a lot more meets in different cities where we can all walk around or go to some parks and hand out fliers and show that it is normal. Walking the sidewalks in Seattle, walking the area around downtown and just spending time going into shops and getting exposure. We should have this in other cities in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Eastern Washington members should get a larger group to go around Spokane, Pullman and Ellensburg.
We do need a Good video to run on Public TV.

n16ht5

imported post

I feel fine around my town of arlington, I've buzzed through town on my dirtbike with my Saiga12 on my back a few times on my way to go shooting. got a few wierd looks but a lot of people didnt look twice. oh woops, youre not supposed to have those loaded heheh :p

It might look bad if you broke out the camoflauge and army boots... :lol:

I definietly wouldn't hit the mall though, the cops would probably shoot first ask you questions later

killchain

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
That's a pretty hypocritical statement, in my humble opinion. To some people open carrying any gun is over the top and we complain about that, especially when they try to make it law.
Unless you read the post above about separating the classes of weapons...
So we're fighting just for pistols, not shotguns, evil black rifles, or even Ruger 10/22's, huh?

See, to me that's kind of defeating the purpose. "Carry a gun, but only a pistol. Anything else makes you a whacko."

Isn't the whole "open carry" movement supposed to be putting it in the public awareness?

Just my .02. I want to OC my rifle a lot more than I do.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

killchain wrote:
So we're fighting just for pistols, not shotguns, evil black rifles, or even Ruger 10/22's, huh?

See, to me that's kind of defeating the purpose. "Carry a gun, but only a pistol. Anything else makes you a whacko."

Isn't the whole "open carry" movement supposed to be putting it in the public awareness?

Just my .02. I want to OC my rifle a lot more than I do.
I agree on that one. Kind of like the assault weapons ban. Discrimination. Arms are arms.

Wheelgunner

imported post

Damn, I love a cup of Freedom in the morning! These new young bloods are going to pass us old careful buzzards before we know it.

My gut was saying that was over the top too, till LT said it best.

What is the difference between a glock and 30 rounds of ammo and a shotgun with 6? They are both arms. Who am I to tell someone WHAT to carry.

In terms of range, I am better with my m-29 out to 200 yards than any shotgun.

Is it convenience? Meaning that you can open carry as long as you don't LOOK like you are open carrying? no.

Arms are Arms. Slung over the back is the same as in the holster.

This is great stuff.

amzbrady

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

We do need a Good video to run on Public TV.

I have mentioned this on a few threads. We need to have some whole family outings showing we open carry to protect our families and our happy families are alive and well.on and off public transport, zoo? Seattle Aquarium? Seattle parks? Have a family day, instead of an approved by the management prearrange meet, where we sit around getting fatter. I get much bigger, OC for me will still be CC, My side love handles are starting to conceal the rest of my exposed firearm. I gonna wind up having to strap a holster to a headband to OC. I wish I lived closer to you guys, I would love to meet up with a few of you and go out for a cup of coffee, some of you seem intelligent enough. OOPs sorry wrong wording, normal enough. LOL.

in light of this thread, I wonder, if you "were" to OC an AR, do you carry barrel up or barrel down, is there a law? I saw the vid at a park of a guy OC an AR and it looked like he plugged his barrel in with dirt when squatted down.