• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private property non-cpl concealed carry

UCWT

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:
To those who believe you can be granted permission to OC in a bar, but not CC on private property:

It is ILLEGAL to OC in an establishment licensed by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission unless you have a CPL.

It is ILLEGAL to CC off of your property without a CPL.

It is LEGAL to OC in an establishment licensed by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission with owner's permission without a CPL.

It is ILLEGAL to CC at a friend's house with permission without a CPL.

That is your argument. See any flaws?

Either the owner cannot grant permission to either or the owner can grant permission to  both. Which is it?

Exactly!!

Edited for +1
Edited to add:
The law provides specific exception for specific regulation of private property in the case of OC in a bar. This goes back to my point earlier that unless specifically regulated private property rights trump all.

We seem to be going in circles here. So are you trying to tell me that 750.227 doesnt specifically regulate what you can do just because you're on a private property? That doesnt make sense. Then with that line of logic doing a long list of illegal things could be trumped by private property rights and doing illegal acts on your property would be not put anyone in violation.. The logic to me doesnt add up. They may need a search warrant to search the house itself but if police were to enter a home an somehow saw a non-homeowner concealing they would be in violation just like any other MCL statute on the books. Same thing as if the cops were at the door of a home and the person opened with a 10 lbs of pot behind them. By plain view they are in violation regardless of their private property rights. The logic of private property rights trump breaking laws on the books to me doesnt make any sense and I can't see how it could be true.

The difference is pot is not legal.

I am talking about a legal gun owner being granted permission by the owner/agent. Key word permission. If you a concealed carring without permission the yes I see that point but as far seeing one of my friends in my house/property semi concealed still doesn't warrant probable cause to enter but pot or smell is because it is illegal.

TheSzerdi

imported post

The difference is illegal drugs are illegal no matter where they are. CC'ing is legal on private property unless specifically regulated, which in the case of a home it is not.

Edited for:
Example: It is illegal to be naked in public. It is not illegal to be naked on private property, except when you can be seen by people that are not on said property. This is a specific regulation of private property.

It is illegal to CC in public. It is not illegal to CC on private property unless that private property is specifically regulated, such as licensed to sell alcohol.

mikestilly

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
The difference is illegal drugs are illegal no matter where they are. CC'ing is legal on private property unless specifically regulated, which in the case of a home it is not.

When what is specifically regulated? 750.227 looks to me that all over the state just like pot or cocaine it is illegal to conceal a firearm without a permit with the exception only of a business you own or a property you own.

Edited for:
Example: It is illegal to be naked in public. It is not illegal to be naked on private property, except when you can be seen by people that are not on said property. This is a specific regulation of private property.

It is illegal to CC in public. It is not illegal to CC on private property unless that private property is specifically regulated, such as licensed to sell alcohol.

Show me some sites where this comes from "It is not illegal to CC on private property unless that private property is specifically regulated" Is the side of the road regulated. If a cop stopped you for j-walking and you were concealing without a CPL you would be arrested. CC'ing in a laundry mat wouldnt be regulated it's a private property of a business why wouldnt that be legal? I still don't follow and don't think it's correct. Would like to see an attorney who is aware of all privary property rights, a judge or prosecutor chime in.

PS: not long ago a guy was nude in his kitchen grabbing dinner. A lady walking on his lawn cutting across the road saw him nude called the police and he received indecent exposure violation IN HIS HOUSE! Fox News channel was where I saw the story. They interviewed the guy.

mikestilly

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
reply to above post.

I see no circle,  Private property is not regulated like public property. regardless of what we were told and/or taught. I agree PP has been trampled as well as the 2nd, but There are various laws I can void, or I say they just don't apply to private, like speed limits, possession, serving alcohol, parties, helmet laws.

lets say they got a warrant to search, how would they know if some one was CCing? the warrant has to name places, and people to be searched,  They would have to know the name of your visitor before they obtained the warrant, then when they served it they'd have to know that visitor was going to be there.

I see what your logic is, but all that is based on your impression that the law over rides the constitution. You have to think as if we are in charge, the constitution is there to control the Govt.  It just has been lost to interpretation, by lawyers, and politicians.

I've seen quite a large amount of search warrants executed on cops they search every single person on the property for their safety and those who have illegal drugs or anything illegal on them are prosecuted for those things.

Also I know for a fact you can be charged with a crime if proven guilty of serving alcohol to minors on private property especially if they get drunk drive and hit or kill someone.

conservative85

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
reply to above post.

I see no circle, Private property is not regulated like public property. regardless of what we were told and/or taught. I agree PP has been trampled as well as the 2nd, but There are various laws I can void, or I say they just don't apply to private, like speed limits, possession, serving alcohol, parties, helmet laws.

lets say they got a warrant to search, how would they know if some one was CCing? the warrant has to name places, and people to be searched, They would have to know the name of your visitor before they obtained the warrant, then when they served it they'd have to know that visitor was going to be there.

I see what your logic is, but all that is based on your impression that the law over rides the constitution. You have to think as if we are in charge, the constitution is there to control the Govt. It just has been lost to interpretation, by lawyers, and politicians.

I've seen quite a large amount of search warrants executed on cops they search every single person on the property for their safety and those who have illegal drugs or anything illegal on them are prosecuted for those things.

Also I know for a fact you can be charged with a crime if proven guilty of serving alcohol to minors on private property especially if they get drunk drive and hit or kill someone.
COPS! really? you know that is T.V. right? that show is not case law, nor is it even remotely accurate it is so edited for tv. Just because a cop searches all the people on tv don't make it legal, besides many people submit to things they don't have to because they know no better.

Next I never mentioned serving to minors, I just said serving, i need no liquor license.

I will say this once, regardless of what we were taught or told, A cops safety does not rate above mine. This is the damn problem with this state of mind. My safety comes first that is why there is a 2nd 4th, & 5th. The law is against us they are an extension of the Govt.
Just because a stupid commy judge says that a cop is justified to break down a door using the element of surprise for his safety is just that...A Commy. It is our safety that requires a search warrant to be issued first to protect us from unwarranted searches by a tyrannical Govt. Remember we are innocent til proven guilty.

conservative85

imported post

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Remember there are more Amendments to the constitution than just the 2ND!

UCWT

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

When what is specifically regulated? 750.227 looks to me that all over the state just like pot or cocaine it is illegal to conceal a firearm without a permit with the exception only of a business you own or a property you own.

Edited for:

Show me some sites where this comes from "It is not illegal to CC on private property unless that private property is specifically regulated" Is the side of the road regulated. If a cop stopped you for j-walking and you were concealing without a CPL you would be arrested. CC'ing in a laundry mat wouldnt be regulated it's a private property of a business why wouldnt that be legal? I still don't follow and don't think it's correct. Would like to see an attorney who is aware of all privary property rights, a judge or prosecutor chime in.

PS: not long ago a guy was nude in his kitchen grabbing dinner. A lady walking on his lawn cutting across the road saw him nude called the police and he received indecent exposure violation IN HIS HOUSE! Fox News channel was where I saw the story. They interviewed the guy.

Show me where it says it is legal to open carry!

Your examples are not pertaining to non regulated private property. Jaywalking and drugs!?!?

I agree that someone in those government positions do need to clear this up!

mikestilly

imported post

UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

Your examples are not pertaining to non regulated private property. Jaywalking and drugs!?!?

We're talking about concealed carry not OC and I can show you where it's illegal. I have above. I'd like to see someone cite where the exemption for non regulated private property is located.

mikestilly

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Remember there are more Amendments to the constitution than just the 2ND!

I definitely agree with you :) I was only saying what I've seen 100x on COPS on tv.

UCWT

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

We're talking about concealed carry.* not OC and I can show you where it's illegal. I have above. I'd like to see someone cite where the exemption for non regulated private property is located.**
*(on private property not goverened by that set of laws).
**(And I would like it to be cited where it is legal to open carry.

Not trying to see whos is bigger you seem to be wanting a cite that will not be there just like oc.

So do you agree that the serve buy glass bar/bowling ally owner was able to grant the non cpl oc'ers the right to carry open in his establishment?

He is either breaking the law or private property trumps it.

Your take on this?

mikestilly

imported post

UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

We're talking about concealed carry.* not OC and I can show you where it's illegal. I have above. I'd like to see someone cite where the exemption for non regulated private property is located.**

Not trying to see whos is bigger you seem to be wanting a cite that will not be there just like oc.

So do you agree that the serve buy glass bar/bowling ally owner was able to grant the non cpl oc'ers the right to carry open in his establishment?

Your take on this?

It's not about what is legal because only things that are illegal are cited. I cited a law that is on the books which refers to everyone in the state of Michigan and states specifically what's illegal everywhere in Michigan just like any other law. You and a couple others are trying to say something is exempt from a law. If it's correct then show me where please.

I'm just trying to fully understand this. If 750.227 Concealed weapons is exempt on all private property but let's say serving alcohol to minors on the same property isnt then show me where 750.227 is exempt please where alcohol to minors isnt.

UCWT

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

Your take on this?

It's not about what is legal because only things that illegal are cited. I cited a law that is on the books which refers to everyone in the state of Michigan and states specifically what's illegal everywhere in Michigan just like any other law. You and a couple others are trying to say something is exempt from a law. If it's correct then show me where please.

I'm just trying to fully understand this. If 750.227 Concealed weapons is exempt on all private property but let's say serving alcohol to minors on the same property isnt then show me where 750.227 is exempt please where alcohol to minors isnt.

I also would like to get to the bottom of this. But you seem to stray into a different subject matter.

Minor child drinking on private property can not be granted to do so because they are not legal themselves. See they are not legal at home or anywhere else.

And you didn't answer my question about the by glass establishment granting non-cpl carry

"It's not about what is legal because only things that illegal are cited.". So why are you asking for a cite that tells it is legal

conservative85

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

+1

mikestilly

imported post

UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
UCWT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

Your take on this?

It's not about what is legal because only things that illegal are cited. I cited a law that is on the books which refers to everyone in the state of Michigan and states specifically what's illegal everywhere in Michigan just like any other law. You and a couple others are trying to say something is exempt from a law. If it's correct then show me where please.

I also would like to get to the bottom of this. But you seem to stray into a different subject matter.

Minor child drinking on private property can not be granted to do so because they are not legal themselves. See they are not legal at home or anywhere else.

And you didn't answer my question about the by glass establishment granting non-cpl carry

"It's not about what is legal because only things that illegal are cited.". So why are you asking for a cite that tells it is legal

" So why are you asking for a cite that tells it is legal" because I posted a law that states it's illegal. It's just as illegal as anything else that's a illegal.

If I show you a law that states something is not legal and you're trying to state some location is exempt from that law then I therefore asked where's the site that exempts private property from a law on the books.

conservative85

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

+1
+1

mikestilly

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Ok how about this. Name something that is legal on your property, but illegal on someone else's property even with their permission.

There doesn't have to be other laws matching this law to make it valid. This law just happened to state it is specifically legal on your own property or your own business. If they were going to go out of their way to stipulate that YOUR property is legal then where is the site for other peoples property are exempt or there is some "permission" clause.

I think we have a thread out there with many many pages on this same exact issue or something similar. I remember us not coming to a conclusion?

mikestilly

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:

Edited for:

+1
+1

-1 lol

conservative85

imported post

You know now that I look at it Mikes way. The RKB arms is only legal on our property, if we leave then we are susceptible to the Law Cause I don't see where it says the right to keep & bear Arm in Public!

So it may be that OC is not legal!