• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro Gun lawyer in Benton Country for Judge

Bullbuster

imported post

I wanted to pass along that Dave Petersen is running for Benton County District Court Judge in November.

Why do I bring this up now. Because he also happens to be my oldest brother. He finally decided to run as he is sick of all the wrist slaps criminals are getting these days and also seeing the good guy held down. If he wins it will mean Benton County will have a great Pro 2nd judge and RTKBA judge at that.

So I'm calling on all my fellow brothers and sisters to help me help him get elected. Who knows this may only be the beginning. The state level may be next for him.

He was born and raised in Kennewick. Like all four of us boys where. Did his time in the Army. Went to Law School at TSU in Huston, TX and came back home to Kennewick. Been practicing law for 12+ years and been an acting stand in judge for the county for 3 years.

Bullbuster

imported post

I posted this on several gun and hunting forums I belong to that have a WA section or members. I never knew that a friend of my brothers would see one and tell him. He's glad to know the word is spreading. Crazy who ya run into on a forum and knew know who the really are.

I did get asked why if I'm in Oklahoma and he's in WA do I care. I may hang my hat in OK but I was born and raised in Kennewick, WA and will always call it home. After all its one fight for all and this is a good fight.

Stretch

imported post

I will follow his site and certainly hope for the best. I don't think I can vote for him because he's in the next county over. However my wife will be sending perps his way. :)

usaf0906

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
She's probable been do so for some time. He has been a stand in judge for some time now.

Well Bullbuster, its good to see you active no matter what state you are in. :DMy father is living in Kenniwick so I will pass the word on to him.

Hope OK is treating you... ok.. :p

Bullbuster

imported post

cbackous wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
She's probable been do so for some time. He has been a stand in judge for some time now.

Well Bullbuster, its good to see you active no matter what state you are in. :DMy father is living in Kenniwick so I will pass the word on to him.

Hope OK is treating you... ok.. :p

cbackus

That would be great if you mentioned my brother to you dad.

OK is great so far. I miss VA as well.

legacy12hd

imported post

Do you know why it is your brother is running against a newly appointed judge who comes highly endorsed, rather than running forthe open seat of Judge Hollenbeck who is retiring?

By the way, he's running against Judge Burrowes. I saw his endorsements on his website, http://judgejoeburrowes.com/endorsements

(just being fair)

Bear 45/70

imported post

legacy12hd wrote:
Do you know why it is your brother is running against a newly appointed judge who comes highly endorsed, rather than running forthe open seat of Judge Hollenbeck who is retiring?

By the way, he's running against Judge Burrowes. I saw his endorsements on his website, http://judgejoeburrowes.com/endorsements

(just being fair)
I have never seen an appointed judge do a good anything much less a good job. With an appointment come major political strings, which leads to strange decisions and out right wrong decisions.

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
legacy12hd wrote:

(just being fair)
I have never seen an appointed judge do a good anything much less a good job. With an appointment come major political strings, which leads to strange decisions and out right wrong decisions.
I've even seen the same from elected judges. Same reasons.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
legacy12hd wrote:

(just being fair)
I've even seen the same from elected judges. Same reasons.
True but that is almost always when the political parties get involved, even though most judge positions are suppose to be non-partisian.

Bullbuster

imported post

legacy12hd wrote:

(just being fair)

Dave is the best person for the job. He places our constitutional rights and respect above the political stuff. The reason Burrowes seems so “highly endorsed” is because those people are his employees and fellow judges, they can’t NOT endorse him. I was told that several of them will actually vote for Dave and tell their friends to do the same. If you talk to most of the attorneys in this area, they are supporting Dave, even if they can’t do it publicly. Back in September, Burrowes was appointed by his friends. Dave’s running against Burrowes because he is more qualified. Dave has been a pro tem judge longer than Burrowes has been an attorney! When Dave committed to running, Hollenbeck’s seat wasn’t open and he didn’t want to get involved in what would have been a nasty campaign. He wants to run a good, clean, fair campaign. The judicial position is non-partisan, but I can say conservative and not happy with big government spending our money and taking our rights away. You can contact Dave on his web page, daveforjudge.com and ask him if you have more questions.

On a side note welcome to the OCDO forum. Hope you find all the answers to your OC questions here and or help others with any they may have. I presume thats why you joined in the first place. I couldn't help but notice that this was your only post and your profile information is listed as private. Please post a new topic with a introduction so we all know more about you.

legacy12hd

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Dave is the best person for the job. He places our constitutional rights and respect above the political stuff. The reason Burrowes seems so “highly endorsed” is because those people are his employees and fellow judges, they can’t NOT endorse him. I was told that several of them will actually vote for Dave and tell their friends to do the same. If you talk to most of the attorneys in this area, they are supporting Dave, even if they can’t do it publicly. Back in September, Burrowes was appointed by his friends. Dave’s running against Burrowes because he is more qualified. Dave has been a pro tem judge longer than Burrowes has been an attorney! When Dave committed to running, Hollenbeck’s seat wasn’t open and he didn’t want to get involved in what would have been a nasty campaign. He wants to run a good, clean, fair campaign. The judicial position is non-partisan, but I can say conservative and not happy with big government spending our money and taking our rights away. You can contact Dave on his web page, daveforjudge.com and ask him if you have more questions.

Well sir,I'm confused on several things you've stated here. For one, people don't endorse a candidate, especially non-political candidates, just because they work with them. I wouldn't put my name next to anothers just because they were a co-worker, would you?

Second, how is it that you were told several of the employees and judges who have formally endorsedMr Burroweswill be voting for your brother? Didn'tyou say that you live in a different state? Who told you this?

I do my reseach on candidates before I votefor them. Something I hope people do before declaring that they are going to vote for someone. I am researching every candidate here in Benton County, just as I am doing with your brother when I googled him and found this website.I hope that is something youunderstand.

Your last comment about how "conservatives are not happy with big government spending and taking away our rights," has me DEEPLY confused, as you even state the position is non-partisan, meaning this has NOTHING to do with politics. A district court judge cannot raise your taxes or take away your rights, or make you buy health care, or anything of that matter.

BTW, I am not trying to argue or anything, I am really just engaging in discussion since you responded, thanks!

usaf0906

imported post

As Bullbuster said about his Brother: "He places our constitutional rights and respect above the political stuff"

In our current state of big government, it is refreshing to see an elected official with this type of view. While judges can not pass laws about spending and health care, etc. They can make important rulings that will affect many people.

If your views align with this candidate, then vote for him. If your views dont align with constitutional rights and freedom, then dont vote for him.

RDrettwan

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
I posted this on several gun and hunting forums I belong to that have a WA section or members. I never knew that a friend of my brothers would see one and tell him. He's glad to know the word is spreading. Crazy who ya run into on a forum and knew know who the really are.

I did get asked why if I'm in Oklahoma and he's in WA do I care. I may hang my hat in OK but I was born and raised in Kennewick, WA and will always call it home. After all its one fight for all and this is a good fight.

What is the hunting one? My son wants me to take him hunting but not untill I think he is ready. I would like to keep in touch with fellow hunters.

And the reason why you should care is because he is family, who cares if you live in another state. Spread the word man. Support family.

legacy12hd

imported post

cbackous wrote:
As Bullbuster said about his Brother: "He places our constitutional rights and respect above the political stuff"

In our current state of big government, it is refreshing to see an elected official with this type of view. While judges can not pass laws about spending and health care, etc. They can make important rulings that will affect many people.

If your views align with this candidate, then vote for him. If your views dont align with constitutional rights and freedom, then dont vote for him.

I know first hand after going to a highschool event that Mr Burrowes voluntarily ran, it was the highschool mach trials, that Mr Burrowes deeply cares about our constitution and makes his decisions based upon our constitution and the law.

I hate seeing smeer tactics and phrases like this. Do your research on both candidates before making comments like that last one.