• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro Gun lawyer in Benton Country for Judge

Bullbuster

imported post

legacy12hd wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
Dave is the best person for the job. He places our constitutional rights and respect above the political stuff. The reason Burrowes seems so “highly endorsed” is because those people are his employees and fellow judges, they can’t NOT endorse him. I was told that several of them will actually vote for Dave and tell their friends to do the same. If you talk to most of the attorneys in this area, they are supporting Dave, even if they can’t do it publicly. Back in September, Burrowes was appointed by his friends. Dave’s running against Burrowes because he is more qualified. Dave has been a pro tem judge longer than Burrowes has been an attorney! When Dave committed to running, Hollenbeck’s seat wasn’t open and he didn't’t want to get involved in what would have been a nasty campaign. He wants to run a good, clean, fair campaign. The judicial position is non-partisan, but I can say conservative and not happy with big government spending our money and taking our rights away. You can contact Dave on his web page, anothers just because they were a co-worker, would you?-I would have to disagree on the endorsement thing. People run for all sorts of positions of office and no political party is involved. They still get endorsed. I can name several ballot positions that no political party is tied too if you like. So you wouldn't say a co-worker was a good man or woman for the job just because you worked for them even if you felt they was right for the job?

Second, how is it that you were told several of the employees and judges who have formally endorsedMr Burroweswill be voting for your brother? Didn'tyou say that you live in a different state? Who told you this?-My brother told me that. He has worked right along side many of them for years now, that I personally know. Yes I do live in Oklahoma City, OK. I'm active duty Navy and stationed here. I maintain a WA residency status. I have a WA D/L and vote in every WA election.

I do my reseach on candidates before I votefor them. Something I hope people do before declaring that they are going to vote for someone. I am researching every candidate here in Benton County, just as I am doing with your brother when I googled him and found this website.I hope that is something youunderstand.Do all the research you like. Its your right to do so. If more people had done the same last year we wouldn't have who we do running this country. No I'm no fan or supporter of him.

Your last comment about how "conservatives are not happy with big government spending and taking away our rights," has me DEEPLY confused, as you even state the position is non-partisan, meaning this has NOTHING to do with politics. A district court judge cannot raise your taxes or take away your rights, or make you buy health care, or anything of that matter. I'm a CR and those are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS not my brothers. Ask and Republican much less a CR and they will tell you the same thing. Your also right in that its a non-partisan position. I never said he was claiming any party. But I'd be safe to say he's no Liberal or Dem.

BTW, I am not trying to argue or anything, I am really just engaging in discussion since you responded, thanks!Its all good so far. However I can't help but to notice your atomicity toward my brother thus far. I'm glad a google search landed you here because a search on all the major search groups didn't have anything listed for my brother. Maybe it does now. Guess the system was updated. I'll have to try it again.

Legacy as I'm sure you have figured I would talk to my brother about what has been said here. Below is a copy of an e-mail he asked me to post from him....

Bro, thanks for having my back. This is a great web site. Good stuff. I have been here many times but this is my first on the forum. Honestly, it is better used talking about good places toshoot with the family than talking about judges.

Legacy is correct that it is a non-partisan position, however the things you said about me are true and I consider them to be a compliment. I told you that BCDC employees that are supporting Burrowes on his web site will vote for me. That is correct. I’m not saying Burrowes is not liked by his employees. I have been a pro-tem judge in that court longer than Burrowes has been a lawyer. Many are my friends. I do not fault them for giving their public support to their boss. To suggest that you would not support your boss is naive. My disadvantage is that I’m not a politician. I appreciate you standing up for me. Family is everything. I will not run a smear campaign. Burrowes and I are very different and we will leave it at that. A lady told me on Sunday that I did not look like a judge. I asked why. She said that judges look mean and not happy. I then asked her who she would rather have hear her case. That is who I am. I believe in God, County and Family. I apply they law when I’m judge pro-temping, without regard to my personal beliefs, free from political influence.

I will address the mock trial issue. I will assume that anything that is posted will be shared with Burrowes. He clearly asked Legacy to do this. I was there Saturday as I have been for 10 years. I have been a mock trial attorney coach for longer than Burrowes has been a lawyer. To suggest that he voluntarily ran the competition is offensive to all the people who did run it. Judge Matheson, who has dedicated the better part of 2 decades to the program is stepping down and passing the torch to Burrowes. I am thankful that heis accepting it. If Legacy was actually there, then he knows that Burrowes accepted credit for the day’s successes. Judge Matheson in the past has always given credit to the hard working people who organize and recruit the graders. Next year when I take over as convener, when I defeat Burrowes, the program will be about the kids and those who give their time for the kids, not credit for the person who hands out certificates at the end. Yes that sounds negative, but I have 10 years of passion for a program that teaches high school kids responsibility, insight into the legal system and to fight for your rights. “A right not exercised is a right lost.” That is valuable for kids to know.

Vote for people you want as public servants because they think like you, not because they are politicians, Rs, I’s or D’. Thanks Bro.

David L. Petersen

Cowan Moore Stam Luke & Petersen, P.S

(509) 943-2676 * Fax (509) 946-4257

[url]http://www.cowanmoore.com[/url]

Bullbuster

imported post

RDrettwan wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
I posted this on several gun and hunting forums I belong to that have a WA section or members. I never knew that a friend of my brothers would see one and tell him. He's glad to know the word is spreading. Crazy who ya run into on a forum and knew know who the really are.

I did get asked why if I'm in Oklahoma and he's in WA do I care. I may hang my hat in OK but I was born and raised in Kennewick, WA and will always call it home. After all its one fight for all and this is a good fight.

What is the hunting one? My son wants me to take him hunting but not untill I think he is ready. I would like to keep in touch with fellow hunters.

And the reason why you should care is because he is family, who cares if you live in another state. Spread the word man. Support family.
I regular www.huntingclub.com will need to be a paid member of the NAHC to pst anything. Also try www.sagecreekforums.com they are based in Idaho. My twin brother goes to another WA only forum. I will find out and get back with you on that one. May also wanna try www.biggamehunt.net

legacy12hd

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:

I will address the mock trial issue. I will assume that anything that is posted will be shared with Burrowes. He clearly asked Legacy to do this. I was there Saturday as I have been for 10 years. I have been a mock trial attorney coach for longer than Burrowes has been a lawyer. To suggest that he voluntarily ran the competition is offensive to all the people who did run it. Judge Matheson, who has dedicated the better part of 2 decades to the program is stepping down and passing the torch to Burrowes. I am thankful that heis accepting it. If Legacy was actually there, then he knows that Burrowes accepted credit for the day’s successes. Judge Matheson in the past has always given credit to the hard working people who organize and recruit the graders. Next year when I take over as convener, when I defeat Burrowes, the program will be about the kids and those who give their time for the kids, not credit for the person who hands out certificates at the end. Yes that sounds negative, but I have 10 years of passion for a program that teaches high school kids responsibility, insight into the legal system and to fight for your rights. “A right not exercised is a right lost.” That is valuable for kids to know.

Vote for people you want as public servants because they think like you, not because they are politicians, Rs, I’s or D’. Thanks Bro.

David L. Petersen

Cowan Moore Stam Luke & Petersen, P.S

(509) 943-2676 * Fax (509) 946-4257

[url]http://www.cowanmoore.com[/url]

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"I can't quote right and for that I apologize. Thanks for replying. And let me tell you something sir, I am starting to get insulted by what you are writing, or your brother Dave is writing, because it's simply NOT true. First of all, Mr Burrowes did not ask me to write anything on this message board, nor does he probably even know who I am. That is insulting. It is insulting to think that your brother believes people don't research their candidates. Again, I googled "daveforjudge" and this site popped up and I wasn't even looking for it!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Second, I WAS at the mach trials for highschoolers, it's an event that I enjoy going to with my family. Mr Burrowes did voluntarily run the mach trials, but to TWIST words like your brother clearly has and make it seem like he took all the credit, I AM INSULTED. How dare your brother make a claim like that, when IF HE WAS THERE, he knows full well that the first words Mr Burrowes said at the conclusion of the event was that he couldn't have done it without all the support, all the help, and all the volunteers who organized it. He thanked everyone. He was very humble and did not make the event about him. Nor did I. Don't twist my words, don't twist his.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"I appreciate the fact that your brother has a lot of experience as a lawyer, and as a pro-tem. But he is clearly starting a fight with his words in that email! That is my opinion as an outsider. I am not an insider. I know of Mr Burrowes, I wanted to learn about your brother. But if this is how he's going to speak or write about another candidate - forget it. I'll back Burrowes in a heart beat just because I hate smear campaigning - ESPECIALLY in local elections.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"BTW, I just noticed that our Washington State Senator from Richland, Mr Jerome Delvin, has now supported Mr Burrowes' campaign. I wonder if someone like a Senator would endorse Mr Burrowes but not vote for him.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Research and vote for anyone you want to. PLEASE, close this thread. It is NOT OC RELATED, butstrictly political and does not belong here.