• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any recommended places for CPL class around saginaw?

qqq1

imported post

I've finally got some money saved up and want to get my CPL just so I can OC everywhere I should be able to anyway and easily take the gun in the car. Anyone have a place they know is good in the saginaw or tri-city area? I DO NOT like the people at Duncans outdoor shop and would prefer not to go there unless you assure me they have the best class available.

Also, what am I looking at for a total cost? I have to pay for a class, then also pay to apply and get finger prints and all that other violation of my rights junk right? Total BS.

What goes on in a class. Do they just blab on for hours and then you shoot targets? Do you get a quiz at the end?

Ok, one more somewhat funny question. Michigan insisted my mossberg 500 12gauge shotgun was a pistol. What's the best way to wear that on my hip?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

There is a CPL class in Shelby Twp January 24th. It's listed in the events schedule. You may be able to car pool with someone. This would be a very good class as it's hosted by MOC and all proceeds are going to SAM.

qqq1

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
There is a CPL class in Shelby Twp January 24th. It's listed in the events schedule. You may be able to car pool with someone. This would be a very good class as it's hosted by MOC and all proceeds are going to SAM.

I'd love to go to an MOC hosted class but that one is just to far for being that early and long.

Glock 19

imported post

qqq1 wrote:
I've finally got some money saved up and want to get my CPL just so I can OC everywhere I should be able to anyway and easily take the gun in the car. Anyone have a place they know is good in the saginaw or tri-city area? I DO NOT like the people at Duncans outdoor shop and would prefer not to go there unless you assure me they have the best class available.

Also, what am I looking at for a total cost? I have to pay for a class, then also pay to apply and get finger prints and all that other violation of my rights junk right? Total BS.

What goes on in a class. Do they just blab on for hours and then you shoot targets? Do you get a quiz at the end?

Ok, one more somewhat funny question. Michigan insisted my mossberg 500 12gauge shotgun was a pistol. What's the best way to wear that on my hip?

Sheridan Arms on midland rd. on the right hand side between weiss and state st.

they have web site alsohttp://www.sheridanarms.com/store/ ..they offer a 3 day class each month and a one day class on sundays each month their web site will give you all the info.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

qqq1 wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:

I'd love to go to an MOC hosted class but that one is just to far for being that early and long.
Too far? The instructorsare driving from west of Grand Rapids and I'm driving from Lansing and we have a student coming from the Roscommon area. And you can't drive from Saginaw;). Think about it we still have room, just show up. It's a good class and you will have fun taking it.

It's for a good cause as all profit goes to SAM and MOC, Inc. Well worth the drive in my opinion. Hope you will rethink it.

Yosemite Sam

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA
imported post

Venator wrote:
qqq1 wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:

Too far? The instructorsare driving from west of Grand Rapids and I'm driving from Lansing and we have a student coming from the Roscommon area. And you can't drive from Saginaw;). Think about it we still have room, just show up. It's a good class and you will have fun taking it.

It's for a good cause as all profit goes to SAM and MOC, Inc. Well worth the drive in my opinion. Hope you will rethink it.
We're going down state on Saturday and staying in a hotel, Because of the time it starts. :celebrate