• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trying to come up with a list of OC/CC, CPL/noCPL requirements

WARCHILD

imported post

Final chart, also with the master excell spreadsheet. This will have to do to consolidate the info the best we can.
Great Idea... wish I would have thought of it. :banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

One thing to point out.

If I am at Great Lakes Crossing mall for instance, There are some restaraunts which sell alcohol, am I ok to be in the mall? Or do I have to simply stay out of the restaraunts?

I was OC w/o CPL yesterday, and spoke in person with head of security and Auburn Hills police, they saw no problem, and told me that as ling as no one complained, they would not bother me. If so, it would be dealt with on a case by case basis, and if I had a CPL they would ask me only to cover. I dont know if this is actually the law.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry, it won't let me post the Excell sheet... format error.

So make do with what we have here. I hope this helps y'all a little.
Just wish I would have thought of it.:banghead:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Jerry, I think you have this worded wrong or you meant an answer Yes (Y) to the question? Answer you gave is N (No)

[align=left]Any business posted: No weapons or firearms.[/align]

[align=left]Violation of this posting could result in a trespass[/align]
charge if you refuse to leave the premises.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Can we get the pdf put in the info thread? Might be the best place for it instead of making the whole thread sticky. ????

You could, sure, but I think that this thread should be stickied because it is so relevant, these questions are constantly being brought up, and the PDF should be able to be found and downloaded at any time.

I would hate to see this lost in the shuffle.3 months from now, it could be hard to find for some, and others wont know that it exists.

I would make the PDF a part of the brochure, say, the back cover.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Just an idea...

If you want it stickied, insert the pdf into a new thread and let this one die.

In all honesty, you can't get new members here to read the Info Threadso I fail to understand how a new stickied would help.

qqq1

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Final chart, also with the master excell spreadsheet. This will have to do to consolidate the info the best we can.
Great Idea... wish I would have thought of it. :banghead:

I know you put "final" on there but I'd really like to get the the liquor license info changed. Again, here is what should be there...

Maybe it should be listed with 2 subcategories...

CC W/CPL
Any establishment licensed by the Mich liquor act
-Majority of income from open glass liquor sales "N"
-Majority of income from any other sales "Y"

OC W/CPL
Any establishment licensed by the Mich liquor act
-Majority of income from open glass liquor sales "Y"
-Majority of income from any other sales "Y"

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Just an idea...

If you want it stickied, insert the pdf into a new thread and let this one die.

In all honesty, you can't get new members here to read the Info Threadso I fail to understand how a new stickied would help.

Ok, Ill try that.

I read the info.

WARCHILD

imported post

Vehicle carry isn't as confusing to explain as the carry issues with, w/o cpl. We obviously can't fit all the info on a single page that is pertinent OC / CC. This chart will at least clear up some of the issues between the two at a quick glance. Then research further if you need to clarify a specific question. Thanks for all your input, I think this chart will help a lot of newer people to understand it a little easier.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Also,having a gun in any motor vehicle including motorcycles, is considered concealed. Despite the facts in the Michigan constitution, and the fact that your vehicle is your private property, and even if the gun is in plain veiw, it is considered concealed.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Venator wrote:
A line at the bottom stating you can OC without a CPL in any of the places listed in .234d with permission of the owner.
You are not required to ask for permission to OC in the places listed in 234d. I don't ask every time I go into a bank or movie theater. They can ask me to leave if they choose however no permission is required prior to entering.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Venator wrote:
A line at the bottom stating you can OC without a CPL in any of the places listed in .234d with permission of the owner.
You are not required to ask for permission to OC in the places listed in 234d. I don't ask every time I go into a bank or movie theater. They can ask me to leave if they choose however no permission is required prior to entering.
Without a CPL you need permission.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I am in a court case as we speak about this very issue. I wasopen carrying on a church property, which is legal. Concealed carry is legal in the parking areas only, If you leave the parking area, and you are concealed, it is a violation.

[align=left]28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined; exceptions to subsection[/align]
[align=left](1); violation; penalties.[/align]

[align=left]Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from[/align]
licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:

[align=left]e) Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless[/align]
[align=left]the presiding official or officials of the church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship permit the carrying of[/align]
concealed pistol on that property or facility.

(3) As used in subsection (1), “premises” does not include parking areas of the places identified under subsection (1).

sprinklerguy28

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Without a CPL you need permission.
Please show me where you need permission. The law states to OC you need a CPL or permission. You are not required to ask permission first.

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 234d.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:
(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
(b) A church or other house of religious worship.
(c) A court.
(d) A theatre.
(e) A sports arena.
(f) A day care center.
(g) A hospital.
(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
(b) A peace officer.
(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I don't understand what part of "if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity" is confusing. IMO, the intent here is very clear that a person OC'ing without a "license from this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon" or does not have permission from owner/agent isin violation of 234d.

You're saying that it's perfectly legal for an individual without a CPLto walk around OC'ing in aWal-Mart, a store licensed to sell alcohol? If so...

First of all, one of the key words in 234d is "premises." Premises,by definition, includesthe landthe buildings/structures (parking lot of Wal-Mart)are placed. A person without a CPL or permission is already in violation of 234d before he or she even gets to the front door.