• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC gamelands carry

chiefjason

imported post

After talking to several folks it seems that the NCWRC does not seem to know that there is an issue with carrying defensive firearms on gamelands. Right now you are restricted to .22 caliber during the non hunting days. Some seasons you can carry larger handguns, but it's a patchwork set of rules. We need to let them know that we want to be able to carry sidearms any time we are in the woods. Most of my time on gamelands is non hunting. I'm really not interested in being told, "Just carry anyway." I try hard to abide by the law. I don't like this one and would like to try to change it.

You can post a proposed regulation change at the bottom of this page. You can also vote on the current proposals here. Scroll all the way down, it's the last section. You are limited to 250 words, so be concise.

https://www.ncwildlife.org/apps/proposedregulations/Main.aspx

Here is my post.

I would like to see the firearms restriction lifted for handguns during the non hunting season. Currently we are limited to carrying a .22 caliber pistol outside of seasons. I would like to be able to legally carry a defensive pistol for protection

I'm going to post this on several boards. Feel free to pass it on as well. We only have till Jan 22 to post comments. As few as 10 comments on one issue will get the commissions attention. Lets do it.

glockaholic

imported post

Their form is very dorky so I definitely recommend using the email address. I sent an email and definitely agree that their current restriction is unreasonable. C'mon folks! Send an email! It doesn't take that long.

chiefjason

imported post

Thanks Glock. I'd help out on yours but I'm sure my reps are solidly against it. It's still gun friendly up here. I got a return email today saying they received my comment.

glockaholic

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
Thanks Glock. I'd help out on yours but I'm sure my reps are solidly against it. It's still gun friendly up here. I got a return email today saying they received my comment.

It's good to know some of us are fairly represented, then. :)

chiefjason

imported post

glockaholic wrote:
chiefjason wrote:

It's good to know some of us are fairly represented, then. :)

My Sen. Jacumin sent a great email to Deborah Ross for me last year and forwarded my comment to him as well. Think you could do something with her? When do they get back in session so I can start pounding on the castle doctrine again?