• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsmans Guide's latest shooters catalog...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I don't usually act as an agent to 'advertise'... but this latest catalog has some really NEAT stuff reasonably priced!  I s'pose ya can check it out on-line. www.sportsmansguide.com

I knew it... I just knew it... You have been a secret shill for that whacky guy at sportsmans guide all along.:what::lol:

Actually if a person is careful in the selection that place CAN produce some very good buys. But it is a bit on the buyer beware side of the fence. They are reputable though. If something is not what you thought it was they will usually allow returns.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I've had few thihgs I wasn't satisfied with... but the one thing I wasn't happy about they took the return with no heartburn whatever.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I've had few thihgs I wasn't satisfied with... but the one thing I wasn't happy about they took the return with no heartburn whatever.

That would match my experience. I had two times where I had a problem. They made it right both times with no argument. I have found that the best way to avoid this kind of problem is review the catalogue but talk to them over the phone to order. That way you get answers to all your questions. They try hard but somethings you just cannot describe in a catalogue.

deadwood

imported post

Their ammo is among the cheapest and they carry low end shooting gear at the lowest prices. And if you aren't satisfied they take it all back for exchange or refund - your choice no quibbles.

All in all a pretty good merchant.

MatieA

imported post

I wouldn't call it paranoid; I would call it a severe, and serious lack of security on the part of Sportsmansguide.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
So? That's... I dunno... paranoid.
So, do you hand out your bank statements to perfect strangers? sigh

If that doesn't bother you, then there's nothing to prevent you from ordering. My concern is for others who are not aware of the problem and might not want to have that information available to just anyone.

I've tried to talk to them about this, and how easy it would be to set it up for a password at least, but they don't seem to be at all interested. That says to me that they are also not interested in my business.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Interesting because I put in my own information - have ordered before from them - and I got this:

Sorry, we found no records using the information you provided.

Yata hey

MamaLiberty

imported post

That's interesting. I tried it again just before I posted the above and my information all came up, even though it has been at least a year since I ordered from them.

If it works for you, you've got it made. I won't ever order from them again myself unless I can be sure my purchase history is no longer available to anyone with my billing address.

Edit: Just went and tried it again. This time I got the error message. But all it says is that the information I gave doesn't match anything - though it did a few days ago... So, I don't know if that's because my last order was so long ago they're not keeping the records anymore... or if they finally got wise and quit making it available at all. We'll see.

I wrote to them complaining about the easy access the last time I ordered and they never evern bothered to answer my concerns, which is what tipped the scales for me.

Hopefully, they've gotten the message and will find a better way to deal with this. I'll be watching...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It only works for recent orders. While not particularly secure, that function is not particularly insecure either. It would not deter me from ordering. If it bothers you just call your orders in or mail them. They will not be in that listing unless you order online.