• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Equal Protection

Pace

imported post

I queried some people in California about this, didn't get much response.

What about challenging the laws based on equal protection for out of state citizens. That I can not get a permit in California because I am from another state? That there is no recourse for me to carry. I think less in California than maybe in NYC, where there is NO WAY to carry.

Thoughts?

PAce

wewd

imported post

Capable hands are already hard at work on this issue. Please see Mr. Peruta's threads on his federal lawsuit against the San Diego Sheriff's Office. If I were a betting man, I would say that within a year, two at most, either you will be able to apply for a California CCW as a non-resident, or your out-of-state CCW will become valid in California. There may also be other carry options available to you very soon that do not involve the application for a permit. We are living in exciting times.