• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pics of OC on the strip.

Sabotage70

imported post

These are pics from Sat 1-16-10 on the Las Vegas strip.

The fountain at the Paris. I'm on the right with the black and gray flannel.:D

IMG_0485.jpg

In front of the Monte Carlo x2

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

On the new bridge that crosses the strip from City Center to Planet Hollywood

IMG_0490.jpg

Tophog

imported post

Darn, missed it. I spend most of my time over at Nevada Shooters. Didn't know about it until Sabotage posted a pic.

Way to go, guys!

Vegassteve

imported post

Tophog wrote:
Darn, missed it. I spend most of my time over at Nevada Shooters. Didn't know about it until Sabotage posted a pic.

Way to go, guys!
I would have posted it Bob but it seems to many on the forum over there are anti OC.

jfrey123

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
I would have posted it Bob but it seems to many on the forum over there are anti OC.

That's the one attitude I'd like to change over there. I'm personally completely indifferent. I typically CC just to avoid the hassles that may come with it, but enjoy the freedom to OC when I'm going out shooting or the mood simply hits me.

Great pics here, I'm glad to see we finally have a positive OC story on the strip.

Sabotage70

imported post

odesskiy wrote:
Any tourists approaching you guys to find out what was going on?  Any comments, positive or negative?
Besides the "thug"looking clowns. We had a couple of guys in front of the Monte Carlo that thought they were toys till we set them straight. They couldn't believe that it was legal to open carry...lol. He liked it and said he was going to get the biggest gun he could find.

None of the tourist went running away in fear like metro wants you to think.:quirky

odesskiy

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
odesskiy wrote:
Any tourists approaching you guys to find out what was going on? Any comments, positive or negative?
Besides the "thug"looking clowns. We had a couple of guys in front of the Monte Carlo that thought they were toys till we set them straight. They couldn't believe that it was legal to open carry...lol. He liked it and said he was going to get the biggest gun he could find.

None of the tourist went running away in fear like metro wants you to think.:quirky
Sweet..when's the next OC get-together?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

My vote is to OC down there every other weekend, I know there are conflicting schedules we can change the times around, and do stuff in the afternoons etc. or incorporate a trip to the range.Someone should start a thread just for our meet up's.... I know that both Tim and I want everyone interested to step in and take part, so don't be shy lets keep making this cool.

odesskiy

imported post

That's awesome! I'm down for next time and I have a buddy I work with, who'd be interested. This is exactly what we need! I never got as much as a look OC'ing when I lived in Phoenix, it'd be great if we could get the public and LE here to be just as comfortable.

Sabotage70

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Sabotage70 wrote:
So when we going down to fremont?
Im in, should we do that one the 30th ? ?  if we park at the golden gate we can walk the sidewalk to Fremont.
I don't do much of anything on the weekend. So I'm pretty much open. The wife on the other hand has to work a revolving corporate schedule. But that doesn't matter I can just go solo.