Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MARTIAL LAW IS COMING

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Scenario,

The economy collapses civil unrest breaks outmartial law is enacted and gun confiscations began.

Just curious to see what are peoples toughts on this issue. So I ask. When martial law not if but when its enacted will you lay down yourarms? What to do?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ilost all my guns in a tragic boating accident, which works just fine because I am a dutiful statist who believes in an all-powerful central government who will protect me.

I think we would all be better off under martial law; people need to be controlled to be productive and efficient.This whole Bill of Rights business is a sham that lets the bad guys get awaydestructive behavior. Bring on a junta; we need it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh, I forgot to ask.WHY WERE YOU SHOUTING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE THREAD TITLE? You do know that "all-caps" is the internet version of shouting, right?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

You're talking about a sudden collapse versus a gradual collapse I'm assuming.

If you're worried about gun confiscation, you may consider joining Alarm and Muster: http://www.alarmandmuster.com/
    It's an organization designed to creating a network of citizens who will come together and oppose any illegal restriction on the constitution. It's an interesting idea, might be worth checking out.

If SHTF in the bay area, I'm grabbing my gear and heading north. I imagine getting out of San Francisco would be extremely difficult in a sudden collapse scenario. The only good thing about SF is that I know I'll be one of the few armed individuals. If I was in Anaheim, I'd be in a lot worse situation; larger population, farther to go before you're out of the sprawl, fewer required suvival resources (water for instance).

If I were you, my plan of action would be to obtain enough gasoline to make it to a place which is lightly populated and has enough naturally occurring water to live on. Really this means you're going to have to get to around Oregon before you can start looking for places to stop. Of course, if you think you can make it to Oregon in a zombie apoloclypse scenario where everybody wants gasoline and lots of people have guns and ammo...then you better hope you're lucky. Everybody else with half a brain is going to be doing the same thing you are. Huge demands on gasoline, huge demands on road infrastructure, huge probability of people breaking down in the middle of California and looking to steal a running automobile to get the heck of out Dodge.

I think the better plan to avoid a collapse scenario would be to get out of populated areas before everything goes to pot. But if you go too soon, then you end up spending the majority of your life not doing what you wanted to do. If you go after it hits, you're not likely to make it. Somewhere along the timeline is the optimal point of departure. Let me know if you figure out when it is.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

yes of course I know that thanks for reminding me. Did it get your attention? Did Imake you deaf?Its a very serious manner that we have to consider planning for. I want to see some Ideas not complaints.

Post imported post

Before you try to cause mass histeria,look at the one gun friendly thing arnold did sign.Emergency powers act or somethin to that affect that states you will not be disarmed during such an event.This was signed after katrina.People got together and arnold signed it into law.That confiscation do to a disaster is illegal.Thats the way the law sits for now...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

joseprissa wrote:
    yes of course I know that thanks for reminding me. Did it get your attention? Did Imake you deaf?Its a very serious manner that we have to consider planning for. I want to see some Ideas not complaints.
    From the forum rules:

8) General: No shouting in All Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammar as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronyms should be minimized and always defined. (bold emphasis in the original)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    joseprissa wrote:
    From the forum rules:

8) General: No shouting in All Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammar as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronyms should be minimized and always defined. (bold emphasis in the original)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html
    Ok human error I apologize and thanks for the link I learn something new everyday now is there a way I can change the capatilazation thanks

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Oh, I forgot to ask.**WHY WERE YOU SHOUTING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE THREAD TITLE?* You do know that "all-caps" is the internet version of shouting, right?
    He accidentally left his Billy Mays key on.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Your home is your castle. Stock it, guard it, defend it. Find creative ways to hide yourweapons when confiscation becomes an issue. You won't be able to travel with all the provisions you can store in your house, so unless absolutely necessary stay in your fort. And in worse case scenarios you'll need your neighbors and they will need you, so if they all hate you, make amends while you can.

In the aftermath of Katrina whole areas as well asdoor to door weapons sweeps were conducted. Many were disarmed while out and about conducting good samaritan search and rescues, or getting more provisions.Open area and home disarmamentsat gun point were conductedwith over-whelming fire power scenarios (5-10+ government agents against individuals). Its safe to assume whatever you have on your person will be taken. I think redundancy is the key here. If you're out and about with your only gun (or all your guns) and it (or they)get taken you have nothing left. And if you have multiple handguns all of which are different calibers then your ammo stockpile becomes less useful with each gun taken.

For those of you who haven't yet seen the NRA's gun confiscation video in New Orleans here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
    Before you try to cause mass histeria,look at the one gun friendly thing arnold did sign.Emergency powers act or somethin to that affect that states you will not be disarmed during such an event.This was signed after katrina.People got together and arnold signed it into law.That confiscation do to a disaster is illegal.Thats the way the law sits for now...
    Gun friendly law signed by Arnie or not...

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns.

Post imported post

camsoup wrote:

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns...
    ...and get the lead that comes out of them.

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    camsoup wrote:

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns...
    That is why I worded it as such.... they will come for our guns

They will have to pay a huge price to actually take them.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Oh, I forgot to ask.**WHY WERE YOU SHOUTING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE THREAD TITLE?* You do know that "all-caps" is the internet version of shouting, right?
    He accidentally left his Billy Mays key on.
    Nice, Billy Mays key!

Is there one for the ShamWow guy?

Post imported post

camsoup wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    camsoup wrote:

That is why I worded it as such.... they will come for our guns

They will have to pay a huge price to actually take them.

This goes to the heart of the original question...what to do? Sure, its easy to say they'll get the lead, but in reality that becomes very difficult in the face of superior fire power. Unless you're willing to die the matyr for your guns, and lose them in the process anyway (not that it matters to you anymore, after all your dead) but it may matter a lot to those you leave behind. So again what to do?

In a nutshell, I say LIE LIKE A BIG DOG. Andhide your means of personal defense very creatively and separately. You could have one easy to findsacrificial weapon, if possible,such as a cheap old22 revolver or something like that. Sure you could have the impenetrable safe, but that still leaves the door open to future disarmament encounters.

These are just my random thoughts, It'd be nice to hear from others on this. When I watch the NRA video I posted the link to, it seems to me that perhaps some of them might have been able to keep their weapons if they simply lied about them. What else could they have done?

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

When the time comes and you don't use them, you deserve to lose them.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    When the time comes and you don't use them, you deserve to lose them.
    Ouch. What an uncharitable view of your fellow human beings.

I approach it from theunalienable right angle. Being scared, being unable to conceive that anything bad would happen after, etc., do not, to my thinkingeliminate the basic human right of self-defense. It is an inseparable right. It cannot be removed. No onedeserves to lose them, exceptmaybe criminals and tyrants who misuse them.

Post imported post

When they come to take your guns, they don't give a damn about your rights. If you want to roll over and let them take what you have to protect yourself with. What's the point of having them?

Post imported post

fight for your right!! TO PARTAY!

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Ilost all my guns in a tragic boating accident, which works just fine because I am a dutiful statist who believes in an all-powerful central government who will protect me.

I think we would all be better off under martial law; people need to be controlled to be productive and efficient.This whole Bill of Rights business is a sham that lets the bad guys get awaydestructive behavior. Bring on a junta; we need it.
    +1

I for one welcome our new kevlar-helmeted masters.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    SNIP If you want to roll over and let them take what you have to protect yourself with. What's the point of having them?
    That is the wonderful thing about rights, Yelohamr. They do not require justification, explanation, or a discussion about the point of having them. As the Founders signed, "...truths...self-evident."

But, just for fun, lets follow the discussion just a moment. I am in no way acknowledging that rights need discussion in order to be valid. I am merely illustrating a broader/deeper view.

The setting: the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto. The date: April 19, 1943. The situation: German troops move in to start deporting the the inhabitants. This was the scene of the uprising where a few hardy Jews who had kept or obtained guns kept the Germans from taking control until mid-May.

The Jews had permitted themselves to disarmed by the Nazi's starting with the gun control law in (1933?) and eventual actual gun confiscations.

So, under an uncharitable view, even if Allied air transport had somehow dropped some more guns in for the Jews, they would not have deserved the guns? They would not have deserved to be able to defend themselves?

Same for any weapons they could steal from the Germans, including battlefield pick-ups. Just because aJew surrendered his gun during the earlierconfiscations, he cannotnowsteal one from the Germans to defend himself, or receive one from a German killed by a compatriot? "Sorry, Issac. You turned yours in. You have no right todefend yourself, anymore. You don't deserve it."

Of course not. They deserved every chance they got to stay alive and fight back.

Even if they only discovered theirerror after the guns were confiscated, they still had the right of self-defense.

Self-evident truths. Unalienable rights.

Post imported post

In case you forgot, the topic of this thread is aboutmartial law andwhat would you do when they come to take your guns. If you want to surrender, thats your choice. I won't.

I don't expect anyone to airlift any guns or ammo to me. I have enough now.

You may have missed my point. When they (whoever they are) come to take your guns and you give in to them without a fight, you don't deserve to keep them.

Being a gun owner is one thing. Having the will and ability to use one for its intended purpose is another. I can and have and am willing to do it again if the need arises. I won't give mine up, they will have to be taken, one way or another.

To me this subject is closed. You know what I'll do.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    In case you forgot, the topic of this thread is aboutmartial law andwhat would you do when they come to take your guns. If you want to surrender, thats your choice. I won't.

You may have missed my point. When they (whoever they are) come to take your guns and you give in to them without a fight, you don't deserve to keep them.

Being a gun owner is one thing. Having the will and ability to use one for its intended purpose is another. I can and have and am willing to do it again if the need arises. I won't give mine up, they will have to be taken, one way or another.

Alright. If the subject is closed for you, I can't make you read my posts. But, it is not closed for me.

This next is for others who may be teetering or agreeing with Yelohamr.

My main point here is that rights are always valid, they always exist, they are unalienable (can't be separated from the person). And we would do well to be very, very careful about letting ourselves fall into thinking that they are lost to someone for one reason or another.

Regarding the text I highlighted in red, I disagree with Yelohamr. Of course, a person deserves to keep his guns. Otherwise, it would not be wrong for the government to seize them. "See, sarge. As long as he gives them up under threat of arrest, it makes it morally correct for us to take them from him."

Not only does he deserve to keep them, he deserves to get them back.

The point is not the details of the discussion. The point is how easily we can err and start stripping our fellow human beings of rights just because we are bitter that they don't perform they way we want them to.

Rights are rights are rights are rights.

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    fight for your right!! TO PARTAY!
    Wow man...my head started to involuntarily shake up and down radically!

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:

I don't want my statements to be misconstrued. I am not in favor of surrendering, nor would I...ever. But I don't see the point of dying today when I could live on to fight tomorrow. In the face of superior fire power, and likelybeing caught off guard, again lie like the devil himself.

But when they get the drop on you, you can kamikaze if you want, but there might be a better way. If my back is to the wall and the firing squad is lining up, there's no way in hell I'm just standing there.

Don't surrender, don't give up your guns. Have a plan. That's what I think this thread is about. Doesanybodycare to sharea plan, or an idea for a plan, or just hope they don't come for them. Yeah, that worked out real well in New Orleans, didn't it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast