• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MARTIAL LAW IS COMING

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Scenario,

The economy collapses civil unrest breaks outmartial law is enacted and gun confiscations began.

Just curious to see what are peoples toughts on this issue. So I ask. When martial law not if but when its enacted will you lay down yourarms? What to do?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ilost all my guns in a tragic boating accident, which works just fine because I am a dutiful statist who believes in an all-powerful central government who will protect me.

I think we would all be better off under martial law; people need to be controlled to be productive and efficient.This whole Bill of Rights business is a sham that lets the bad guys get awaydestructive behavior. Bring on a junta; we need it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh, I forgot to ask.WHY WERE YOU SHOUTING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE THREAD TITLE? You do know that "all-caps" is the internet version of shouting, right?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You're talking about a sudden collapse versus a gradual collapse I'm assuming.

If you're worried about gun confiscation, you may consider joining Alarm and Muster: http://www.alarmandmuster.com/
It's an organization designed to creating a network of citizens who will come together and oppose any illegal restriction on the constitution. It's an interesting idea, might be worth checking out.

If SHTF in the bay area, I'm grabbing my gear and heading north. I imagine getting out of San Francisco would be extremely difficult in a sudden collapse scenario. The only good thing about SF is that I know I'll be one of the few armed individuals. If I was in Anaheim, I'd be in a lot worse situation; larger population, farther to go before you're out of the sprawl, fewer required suvival resources (water for instance).

If I were you, my plan of action would be to obtain enough gasoline to make it to a place which is lightly populated and has enough naturally occurring water to live on. Really this means you're going to have to get to around Oregon before you can start looking for places to stop. Of course, if you think you can make it to Oregon in a zombie apoloclypse scenario where everybody wants gasoline and lots of people have guns and ammo...then you better hope you're lucky. Everybody else with half a brain is going to be doing the same thing you are. Huge demands on gasoline, huge demands on road infrastructure, huge probability of people breaking down in the middle of California and looking to steal a running automobile to get the heck of out Dodge.

I think the better plan to avoid a collapse scenario would be to get out of populated areas before everything goes to pot. But if you go too soon, then you end up spending the majority of your life not doing what you wanted to do. If you go after it hits, you're not likely to make it. Somewhere along the timeline is the optimal point of departure. Let me know if you figure out when it is.

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yes of course I know that thanks for reminding me. Did it get your attention? Did Imake you deaf?Its a very serious manner that we have to consider planning for. I want to see some Ideas not complaints.

brokenbarrel

imported post

Before you try to cause mass histeria,look at the one gun friendly thing arnold did sign.Emergency powers act or somethin to that affect that states you will not be disarmed during such an event.This was signed after katrina.People got together and arnold signed it into law.That confiscation do to a disaster is illegal.Thats the way the law sits for now...;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

joseprissa wrote:
yes of course I know that thanks for reminding me. Did it get your attention? Did Imake you deaf?Its a very serious manner that we have to consider planning for. I want to see some Ideas not complaints.

From the forum rules:

8) General: No shouting in All Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammar as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronyms should be minimized and always defined. (bold emphasis in the original)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
joseprissa wrote:

From the forum rules:

8) General: No shouting in All Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammar as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronyms should be minimized and always defined. (bold emphasis in the original)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html
Ok human error I apologize and thanks for the link I learn something new everyday now is there a way I can change the capatilazation thanks

wewd

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Oh, I forgot to ask.  WHY WERE YOU SHOUTING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE THREAD TITLE?  You do know that "all-caps" is the internet version of shouting, right?

He accidentally left his Billy Mays key on.

coolusername2007

imported post

Your home is your castle. Stock it, guard it, defend it. Find creative ways to hide yourweapons when confiscation becomes an issue. You won't be able to travel with all the provisions you can store in your house, so unless absolutely necessary stay in your fort. And in worse case scenarios you'll need your neighbors and they will need you, so if they all hate you, make amends while you can.

In the aftermath of Katrina whole areas as well asdoor to door weapons sweeps were conducted. Many were disarmed while out and about conducting good samaritan search and rescues, or getting more provisions.Open area and home disarmamentsat gun point were conductedwith over-whelming fire power scenarios (5-10+ government agents against individuals). Its safe to assume whatever you have on your person will be taken. I think redundancy is the key here. If you're out and about with your only gun (or all your guns) and it (or they)get taken you have nothing left. And if you have multiple handguns all of which are different calibers then your ammo stockpile becomes less useful with each gun taken.

For those of you who haven't yet seen the NRA's gun confiscation video in New Orleans here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

camsoup

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
Before you try to cause mass histeria,look at the one gun friendly thing arnold did sign.Emergency powers act or somethin to that affect that states you will not be disarmed during such an event.This was signed after katrina.People got together and arnold signed it into law.That confiscation do to a disaster is illegal.Thats the way the law sits for now...;)
Gun friendly law signed by Arnie or not...

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns.

yelohamr

imported post

camsoup wrote:

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns...
...and get the lead that comes out of them.

camsoup

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
camsoup wrote:

If we had a sudden economic collapse, mass panic/riots, and martial law was declared...they will come for our guns...
That is why I worded it as such.... they will come for our guns

They will have to pay a huge price to actually take them.

coolusername2007

imported post

camsoup wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
camsoup wrote:

That is why I worded it as such.... they will come for our guns

They will have to pay a huge price to actually take them.

This goes to the heart of the original question...what to do? Sure, its easy to say they'll get the lead, but in reality that becomes very difficult in the face of superior fire power. Unless you're willing to die the matyr for your guns, and lose them in the process anyway (not that it matters to you anymore, after all your dead) but it may matter a lot to those you leave behind. So again what to do?

In a nutshell, I say LIE LIKE A BIG DOG. Andhide your means of personal defense very creatively and separately. You could have one easy to findsacrificial weapon, if possible,such as a cheap old22 revolver or something like that. Sure you could have the impenetrable safe, but that still leaves the door open to future disarmament encounters.

These are just my random thoughts, It'd be nice to hear from others on this. When I watch the NRA video I posted the link to, it seems to me that perhaps some of them might have been able to keep their weapons if they simply lied about them. What else could they have done?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

yelohamr wrote:
When the time comes and you don't use them, you deserve to lose them.
Ouch. What an uncharitable view of your fellow human beings. :)

I approach it from theunalienable right angle. Being scared, being unable to conceive that anything bad would happen after, etc., do not, to my thinkingeliminate the basic human right of self-defense. It is an inseparable right. It cannot be removed. No onedeserves to lose them, exceptmaybe criminals and tyrants who misuse them.

yelohamr

imported post

When they come to take your guns, they don't give a damn about your rights. If you want to roll over and let them take what you have to protect yourself with. What's the point of having them?

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Ilost all my guns in a tragic boating accident, which works just fine because I am a dutiful statist who believes in an all-powerful central government who will protect me.

I think we would all be better off under martial law; people need to be controlled to be productive and efficient.This whole Bill of Rights business is a sham that lets the bad guys get awaydestructive behavior. Bring on a junta; we need it.

+1

I for one welcome our new kevlar-helmeted masters.