Thread: A "safe conduct pass" of sorts ?

Post imported post

Below is a card that Icreated in the aftermath of the San Pedro-L.A.P.D. contact of January 3rd,to which I was a party.

I like to think of it as a "safe conduct pass," eventhough it is not one in the tradition sense, as anyone who might have served in a combat zone (Korea, Viet Nam, South Central L.A.,etc) will attest.

This isreally along the lines of a "please read this, dear officer, while I stand here and keep my effin' mouth shut"information card. Now, those who take the time to familiarize themselves with the referenced SCOTUS cases will be armed with knowledge that may be verbally offered for clarification purposesin the event of a contact situation similar to that of January 3rd (certainly not all contacts require this sort of device).

I will wear it in my shirt pocket and offer it (especially when handcuffed) to the detaining officer/deputy if necessary.

Iam planning on printing outa number of these and have them laminated for distribution to those I may group UOC with.

Please feel free to adopt / adapt / print and use as you see fit, but I really think that as itis, it is short, sweet and to the point.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Nice,

Your 'warning' at then end, "Also, please be advised that this contact may be recorded in audio or video form for my protection and yours." made me think it should say, 'for the purposes of quality control'

:celebrate

Post imported post

Nice idea. Can't hurt.

My skepticism,however,suggests it would be better to have the card titled:

Law Enforcement Officer/Deputy---DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Really, I like the idea. Kudos for you.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

I carry this card from California Open Carry. http://www.californiaopencarry.org/C...RightsCard.pdf

With my Lawyer's name and number printed on it.

Post imported post

mjones wrote:
    Nice,

Your 'warning' at then end, "Also, please be advised that this contact may be recorded in audio or video form for my protection and yours." made me think it should say, 'for the purposes of quality control'

:celebrate
    LMAO !

Post imported post

You didn't mention St. John vs Alamagordo: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=7856
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Downloaded.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

I just carry one of these with me

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    You didn't mention St. John vs Alamagordo: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=7856
    Very true. And a very good reference.

However, I envisioned the card as something brief and to the point. Most of the cases (generally SCOTUS)referencedare mentionedinPD, SD and DAmemoranda and training bulletins regarding the legality of UOC, so I felt those were the best candidates for the card.

No doubt we can come up with dozens of cases, but why clutter? Keep It Simple, Stu . . . .

Please feel free toedit this card to meet your own particular concerns.