• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A "safe conduct pass" of sorts ?

A ECNALG

imported post

Below is a card that Icreated in the aftermath of the San Pedro-L.A.P.D. contact of January 3rd,to which I was a party.

I like to think of it as a "safe conduct pass," eventhough it is not one in the tradition sense, as anyone who might have served in a combat zone (Korea, Viet Nam, South Central L.A.,etc) will attest.

This isreally along the lines of a "please read this, dear officer, while I stand here and keep my effin' mouth shut"information card. Now, those who take the time to familiarize themselves with the referenced SCOTUS cases will be armed with knowledge that may be verbally offered for clarification purposesin the event of a contact situation similar to that of January 3rd (certainly not all contacts require this sort of device).

I will wear it in my shirt pocket and offer it (especially when handcuffed) to the detaining officer/deputy if necessary.

Iam planning on printing outa number of these and have them laminated for distribution to those I may group UOC with.

Please feel free to adopt / adapt / print and use as you see fit, but I really think that as itis, it is short, sweet and to the point.

mjones

imported post

Nice,

Your 'warning' at then end, "Also, please be advised that this contact may be recorded in audio or video form for my protection and yours." made me think it should say, 'for the purposes of quality control'

:celebrate

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Nice idea. Can't hurt.

My skepticism,however,suggests it would be better to have the card titled:

Law Enforcement Officer/Deputy---DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Really, I like the idea. Kudos for you.

A ECNALG

imported post

mjones wrote:
Nice,

Your 'warning' at then end, "Also, please be advised that this contact may be recorded in audio or video form for my protection and yours." made me think it should say, 'for the purposes of quality control'

:celebrate
LMAO ! :lol:

Rusty

imported post

I just carry one of these with me

get%20out%20of%20jail%20free%20card.jpg

A ECNALG

imported post

since9 wrote:
You didn't mention St. John vs Alamagordo: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=7856
Very true. And a very good reference.

However, I envisioned the card as something brief and to the point. Most of the cases (generally SCOTUS)referencedare mentionedinPD, SD and DAmemoranda and training bulletins regarding the legality of UOC, so I felt those were the best candidates for the card.

No doubt we can come up with dozens of cases, but why clutter? Keep It Simple, Stu . . . .

Please feel free toedit this card to meet your own particular concerns.