• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan open carry reference chart

qqq1

imported post

Thanks again for putting this all together WARCHILD. I took a look at the latest "final" copy. Since you got my distinction between places with liquor licenses put in you should take out the "Any establishment licensed by the Mich liquor act- In any business where the primary souce of income is sold by the glass for consumption on the premisis." part that is under the OC W/CPL section. It's not doing anything now and just taking up space. Or maybe just change it to a heading for the info under it.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think MOC should try to get a bill in to remove vehicles from carry ban list so that folks could open carry in vehicles without having a CPL.

And other michigan groups should get a bill in to remove theopen carry requirements for CPL holders in some locations.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=59

[size=-1]Generally, firearms have been prohibited in national parks. At the current time, to transport firearms into or through a National Park, the firearms must be made temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use. Violators are subject to arrest.

[size=-1]However, on May 20, 2009, Congress adopted legislation that prohibits any rule or regulation prohibiting the possession of an operational firearm if the individual is in legal possession of the firearm and if possession of the firearm is in compliance with the laws of the state in which the park or refuge is located. This new law will take effect on February 22, 2010. Until that date, operable firearms remain prohibited in National Parks.
[/size][/size]