• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbus OH CCer Foils Robbery Attempt

groats

imported post

Spongebob wrote:
 Almost too bad they'll both survive.

what the hell kind of comment is that? really dude? really?

What's wrong with it?
We kill innocent people all the time, perfectly legally.
What is wrong with removing someone who has proved they are a danger to society?

slowfiveoh

imported post

ridgerunner98570 wrote:
Tomas,

When I was in the service, and took my firearms training, they never taught us to just wound the enemy. We were taught to shoot for effect. That means killing them. A wounded enemy can still be a deadly enemy. If by their luck they were only wounded and then removed from the battlefield, they were lucky. But shooting to wound was never done on purpose. You shoot to remove the threat. And you keep shooting till the threat is removed. That is how you survive.
I concur as well. In fact, double-tap is practice.

War is real. War is cruel.

Mjollnir

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
HankT wrote:
I wonder what would have happened if Smith had been OCing, instead of CCing?

They would've turned tail and got away as fast as they could.

Or maybe get hit over the back of the head, money gone, gun(s) and holster(s) gone, ID gone,

bad guys GONE.

eye95

imported post

Mjollnir wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
HankT wrote:

Or maybe get hit over the back of the head, money gone, gun(s) and holster(s) gone, ID gone,

bad guys GONE.
The url concealedcarry.org is available for purchase. This is opencarry.org.

Mjollnir

imported post

craftsman wrote:
Spongebob wrote:
Almost too bad they'll both survive.

what the hell kind of comment is that? really dude? really?

What's wrong with it?
We kill innocent people all the time, perfectly legally.
What is wrong with removing someone who has proved they are a danger to society?
What's wrong with it is the enmity and selfishness.

OCinColorado

imported post

Mjollnir wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
HankT wrote:

bad guys GONE.
Only an anti-gun punk would even make such a STUPID comment!

KansasMustang

imported post

since9 wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
I no longer believe HP's are viewed as "evil" by as many people as you would think. I think the last bastion of Hollow Point "witch burners" are in New Jersey.

The thing that I like about this article, and that we need to see more of, is the person who fired the weapon openly and plainly referred to as the "victim".
International convention still considers HPs taboo, which is why they're verboten on the battlefield, except in very limited and specially sanctioned usage. I think the premise is that with today's rifles, an FMJ is a definate party pooper, but leaves enough tissue left for a fairly normal life if the recipient survives. HPs would indeed result in higher kill rates, but kill rates cannot be, by international convention dating back nearly 100 years, the goal. The goal is to stop the enemy.

Kudos to the news crew for the "victim" status.
Hollow points are taboo because they were named back in the earlier times as "dum-dum" bullets and cause "inhumane" wounds. They were outlawed on the battlefield under the "laws of land warfare and Geneva-Hague convention after WWI.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mjollnir wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
HankT wrote:

bad guys GONE.
Yeah, that happens all the time...

I am still waiting for someone to produce even ONE instance of this actually happening.

And of course, it doesn't. There is no evidence of it, because it doesn't happen. It defies multiple levels of logic, and no person would ever do it. hence, why it hasn't happened.

Stell, I ask you, show me one instance of this occurance. Please. Not 1%, not any statistical data (which there isn't any). Just ONE!

You can't because, and I say this boldly, it has NEVER happened.

Now, it might. A few have tried. But still, never happened.

CC is stepping over dollars to pick up dimes, and any argument for it is equally absurd. CC is better than nothing. But nothing is the one and only thing is it better than.

CommonMan101

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Mjollnir wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
HankT wrote:

bad guys GONE.
Yeah, that happens all the time...

I am still waiting for someone to produce even ONE instance of this actually happening.

And of course, it doesn't. There is no evidence of it, because it doesn't happen. It defies multiple levels of logic, and no person would ever do it. hence, why it hasn't happened.

Stell, I ask you, show me one instance of this occurance. Please. Not 1%, not any statistical data (which there isn't any). Just ONE!

You can't because, and I say this boldly, it has NEVER happened.

Now, it might. A few have tried. But still, never happened.

CC is stepping over dollars to pick up dimes, and any argument for it is equally absurd. CC is better than nothing. But nothing is the one and only thing is it better than.

I know... you onlyasked for JustONE.

Unless you consider police to not be citizens practicing open carry in the line of duty. TheyOC more than anyone else so their numbers reflect the possibility of it happening when the numbers of non-police OC start to catch up. If it happens to the police I'll wager it will happen to non-police at some point with the same percentages. Just my opinion.

But factually, it already happens. Unless one is splitting hairs and has a vested interest in always being/appearing right.

Yet, I am with you thatit is not a viable argumentagainst OC

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Officer-Down-News/Chicago-Officer-Fatally-Shot-With-Own-Gun/2$42120

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326148,00.html

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/North_St_Paul_Officer_Crittenden_Shot_Own_Gun

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/body-armor/articles/91161-Vest-saves-Suffolk-N-Y-cop-officer-shot-with-own-gun/

P.S. I think technoweenie was tongue-in-cheek about this and poking fun at the concept - he was not saying it was true.

eye95

imported post

Mjollnir wrote:
Massad Ayoob documents two in his book, "The Gun Digest Bookof Concealed Carry"
Your post is meaningless sans detailed stories from verifiable sources.

Regarding the post above yours: Those are stories about cops. Does that poster have any stories about OCers having their guns grabbed?

1245A Defender

imported post

look up anty506. he posted on this forum,, his gun got grabbed at a party!!
and thats just the beginning of the story!!
this is the start of his story!

OC gun grab, the unpossible is possible!
about anty506

Anybody know Anty506 new news?
Well I just got back from this party.

Right before I went to the party I sat at the Tangipahoa Sherrif's sub station with my buddy who is the Sergent and told him I was about to go to this party and he said that he already had some complaints about what happened last time and that he was going to be breaking it up soon.

Well I get to the party and as I'm talking to some people that I know, I am choked from behind and feel someone going for my gun. I try to get [highlight= #88ffff]control of the gun but instead I get my gun pointed at me.

Its the crazy dad pointing my gun at me and screaming what the f%%% you doing with a gun I'm on parole and house arrest and I told him I'm with Mr.(Sergent) from the Tangi Sherrif (as my buddy told me to say if there was any trouble and after I call he would come take care of it)

Well the dad tells me he doesn't give a F*** who I'm with and pulls a gun from his waste and puts it to my head and says he will blow my brains out. I stayed calm and just told him to put his gun down and return my firearm. After some people go to him and calm him down, he gives me my firearm back and says get the f*** out of here.

So as it would have no longer been a "good kill" as I was no longer threated with a gun to my head, I walked away and called the Sgt.

Once all of the cops pulled in, he tried to appoligize of course and then once he found out that everyone was a witness to what happened including his son, he threatened to press charges on me for tresspassing with a weapon on his property.

So I couldn't press charges on him even though he put his gun to my head while holding my gun in my cheast because he would press charges on me.

So after talking to my buddy, he suggested I let it go or he would be pressing charges on me as well.

What would you guys have done in this situation? I knew it was no longer a "good kill" (no kill is a good kill) and I knew that even if I did have [highlight= #88ffff]control of my weapon when he put his to my head and I would have shot him, his [highlight= #ffff88]weed head buddies would have shot me.

It was a tough situation but I did use my head and stayed calm about everything, but what would you guys have done?

I know this should most likely be a thread of its own, but I'm posting here as I was just talking about this party in this thread eariler today.
this is what he was doing about a week before the shooting.

OCinColorado

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

about anty506

Right before I went to the party I sat at the Tangipahoa Sherrif's sub station with my buddy who is the Sergent and told him I was about to go to this party and he said that he already had some complaints about what happened last time and that he was going to be breaking it up soon.

Well I get to the party and as I'm talking to some people that I know, I am choked from behind and feel someone going for my gun. I try to get [highlight= #88ffff]control of the gun but instead I get my gun pointed at me.

Its the crazy dad pointing my gun at me and screaming what the f%%% you doing with a gun I'm on parole and house arrest and I told him I'm with Mr.(Sergent) from the Tangi Sherrif (as my buddy told me to say if there was any trouble and after I call he would come take care of it)

Well the dad tells me he doesn't give a F*** who I'm with and pulls a gun from his waste and puts it to my head and says he will blow my brains out. I stayed calm and just told him to put his gun down and return my firearm. After some people go to him and calm him down, he gives me my firearm back and says get the f*** out of here.

So as it would have no longer been a "good kill" as I was no longer threated with a gun to my head, I walked away and called the Sgt.

Once all of the cops pulled in, he tried to appoligize of course and then once he found out that everyone was a witness to what happened including his son, he threatened to press charges on me for tresspassing with a weapon on his property.

So I couldn't press charges on him even though he put his gun to my head while holding my gun in my cheast because he would press charges on me.

So after talking to my buddy, he suggested I let it go or he would be pressing charges on me as well.

What would you guys have done in this situation? I knew it was no longer a "good kill" (no kill is a good kill) and I knew that even if I did have [highlight= #88ffff]control of my weapon when he put his to my head and I would have shot him, his [highlight= #ffff88]weed head buddies would have shot me.

It was a tough situation but I did use my head and stayed calm about everything, but what would you guys have done?

I know this should most likely be a thread of its own, but I'm posting here as I was just talking about this party in this thread eariler today.
Sounds to me like this boy has been watching way too many Hollywood movies. That would never have happened to me for the simple fact that I am always aware of who is around me and what they are doing. SIMPLE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!

eye95

imported post

OCinColorado wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:

about anty506

Sounds to me like this boy has been watching way too many Hollywood movies. That would never have happened to me for the simple fact that I am always aware of who is around me and what they are doing. SIMPLE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!
I questioned the validity of this account in another thread. No support was forthcoming. Even the poster who referenced the account questioned its authenticity.

The story just does not feel real. Barring independent verification, I'll treat this story as blustering BS.

4angrybadgers

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

Look up anty506's posting history... the validity of his story is highly suspect. Also, he failed to exercise even a modicum of common sense in that situation - hell, getting into that situation in the first place was the polar opposite of common sense.
  • According to his story, the sheriff told anty he was going to "break up" the party soon - red flag #1.
  • Anty had said things about a "good kill", in that story as well as in previous posts. That tells me that he wasn't just OCing while going about his daily business; he had an aggressive (and perhaps even homicidal?) mindset that led him into trouble. Red flag #2.
  • By his own admission, he knew there were "weed heads" and other troublemakers at this party. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=14901&forum_id=26&jump_to=277521#p277521 Red flag #3.
Anyone exercising common sense would have stayed way the hell away from that party. Even if his story is true, if that's the best data point anyone can come up with, it's worthless.

1245A Defender

imported post

ive learned a lesson about the anty story,,,
it cant be verified,, my bad,, ill try not to do it again.
the unverified gun grab BS? story is only one of antys exploits!!
he killed a guy in a setup drug buy gone bad a couple days after the gun grab story did/didnt happen..
then the house of the setup drug buy gone bad burned down.
ANTY506 was a bad boy looking for/ finding trouble..
im still waiting for more info on his trail,, for murder!!
even though it may have been an actual self defence shooting!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
ive learned a lesson about the anty story,,,
it cant be verified,, my bad,, ill try not to do it again.
the unverified gun grab BS? story is only one of antys exploits!!
he killed a guy in a setup drug buy gone bad a couple days after the gun grab story did/didnt happen..
then the house of the setup drug buy gone bad burned down.
ANTY506 was a bad boy looking for/ finding trouble..
im still waiting for more info on his trail,, for murder!!
even though it may have been an actual self defence shooting!

anty506 was such a bright star on OCDO, too.

He was out there, wearing his pistola, 19 years old. Taking pictures of his GLOCK pointed at his girlfriend's head....partying down. Doing/buying drugs...getting tutored by MEM....

He was da man. Da OC man.

Too young to get a carry permit for CC. But plenty old enough to OC...

Pity.

Last I heard, the judge said that the state could use the phones and other evidence that his lawyer had motioned to have excluded.

Anthony Manzella's prospects are, shall we say, limited.

He's going to become the most famous convicted OCDO member ever. (Displacing, uh, you know who...)

Judge: prosecutors can use of evidence in killing Source: Associated Press
Updated: March 5, 2010 6:34 AM

A state district judge has ruled that prosecutors can use much of the evidence gathered from a house where a man was killed during a drug deal last year, including a cell phone that made an audio recording of the fatal encounter.

A grand jury indicted 20-year-old Anthony Manzella of Hammond for first-degree murder in the shooting death of 21-year-old Jeral Wayne Matthews Jr. on July 24 in Clinton.

The grand jury also indicted Manzella's friend, 23-year-old Andrew Robertson and the shooting victim's acquaintance, 27-year-old Johnny Barnes of Jackson, for principal to second-degree murder.

Police said Manzella and Robertson went to buy drugs from Matthews and Barnes, but during the transaction, Matthews allegedly struck Manzella in the head.

Police say Manzella responded by pulling a handgun and shot Matthews
http://www.wbrz.com/news/judge-prosecutors-can-use-of-evidence-in-killing/

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
since9 wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
I no longer believe HP's are viewed as "evil" by as many people as you would think. I think the last bastion of Hollow Point "witch burners" are in New Jersey.

The thing that I like about this article, and that we need to see more of, is the person who fired the weapon openly and plainly referred to as the "victim".
International convention still considers HPs taboo, which is why they're verboten on the battlefield, except in very limited and specially sanctioned usage. I think the premise is that with today's rifles, an FMJ is a definate party pooper, but leaves enough tissue left for a fairly normal life if the recipient survives. HPs would indeed result in higher kill rates, but kill rates cannot be, by international convention dating back nearly 100 years, the goal. The goal is to stop the enemy.

Kudos to the news crew for the "victim" status.
Cite please. I've never seen statistical data to back that up.

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibits the use of bullets which expand, flatten or flatten in the body. Its' a continuation of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868 which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable.

FMJ bullets are specifically designed not expand or fragment on impact.

Contrary to popular misconception and mis-use, the term "dum-dums" is not synonomous with "hollow points." Dum-dums are merely expanding bullets, and include both soft point and hollow point designs. The name comes from the British arsenal at Dum Dum in North Kolkata, India, and is not a proper term for discussing bullets. Please use the proper teminology of HP, JHP, SP, etc.