• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny dealings at an Austin gun show?

PavePusher

imported post

Cross-posted in News and Politics

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2010/01/messin-with-texas.html

"The Texas Gun Shows have been “ordered” by the Austin PD and BATF to allow no setups for gun sales from non-FFLs. All individual sales will have to go through licensed dealers."

https://www.tsra.com/

"It has been reported to TSRA that the Austin Police Department in cooperation with at least one agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives is apparently trying to limit or eliminate gun shows in Austin."

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=393152

lovemycountry.308

imported post

I have been following this story it is absolutly insane. I have beenrueing this day and now it is here.Every one on this forum needs to know about this. This is the begining of the end if people don't stand up against this unlawfull staged event by the BATFE. This is an outright assult against the 2nd ammendment. WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Yacope

imported post

I went to what used to be the Saxet Show off Lamar Ave last Sunday Jan 17, and let me tell you my husband and I were mad as hell as well as saddened by this!

First Saxet had posted the show canceled when it was still done by another entity, so if you searched on the internet for the date you would have thought the show canceled as per the first hit on Google.

Second, the floor was filled to about 1/4 of the usual show. I'd say there were less than 15 vendors, a couple of them selling jewelry.

And last there were no food vendors whatsoever, no beef jerky, no roasted nuts, nothing.

If this doesn't change this show is dead! It's a shame that we have allowed a new comer from California to intimidate the owner of the building into complying with a completely illegal action. Private citizens are allowed by law to dispose of their weapons or reduce their collections with out a license, period.

I think we need the NRA in this, we signed a petition at the door but judging by the number of people there this is a very long shot...