• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights are Civil Rights

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Good article.

Having the police point a gun at my head for simply OCing was unnerving and I shudder to think what would have happened if things didn't go exactly as they did. Especially since the officer didn't identify himself as an officer. I feel strongly that your points need to be brought to life and our police departments need strong adjustment to the overall mentality.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good article! I am more fearful of being wrongly shot by police for openly carrying a weapon, than I am of meeting up with a criminal! In fact, I strongly suspect I have met many criminals over the decades, and I just as strongly suspect the vast majority of criminals will beat feet when they observe anyone openly carrying a firearm.

Pace

imported post

Appreciate the good comments, will be blogging a lot more on this issue. If you have ideas, links and stuff, would love the help.

Thanks,