• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC piece

Metalhead47

imported post

I still love my Hi Points, but the whole boat-anchor thing was getting old (not that this one's much lighter). After hearing how much DEROS72 likes his Tanfoglio, and then finding how how reasonable they were, I just had to get one for myself. Even the case this thing came in is cool, all velvet-lined with built in combo locks. Tanfoglio Witness, match model (can't resist the two-tone look), in .45ACP of course. Took it out to the range today and it shoots just as nice as Deros says. Put not quite 200 rounds thru it, my wife said she had a couple of jams while I wasn't there but I never had an issue. Real tack driver too, easily capable of shooting much better than I can aim it. On a whim, I was even able to put 10 rounds or so in a man-size target at 50 yards, shooting off hand without the sights tweaked quite right (left my #@$%$!! leatherman at home, so no screwdriver). Now I just need to find a proper holster, the Bianchi I got for my HiPoint 45 works ok, but it sticks out too far for my liking.

(Oh and my wife is demanding I add that she kicked my arse with the new AR too.)

amzbrady

imported post

Both my 9MM jam on my wife also, just after the last bullet comes out the damn slide jams open. She still hasnt figured out why, and I've given up trying to explain it.

jarhead1911A

imported post

And to think i started the Tangfolio craze here, It started with Deros then bookman now you....

Good looking gun man keep her clean and she will service you for years to come. and Its made in Italy so ya know its good to go.

DEROS72

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
I still love my Hi Points, but the whole boat-anchor thing was getting old (not that this one's much lighter). After hearing how much DEROS72 likes his Tanfoglio, and then finding how how reasonable they were, I just had to get one for myself. Even the case this thing came in is cool, all velvet-lined with built in combo locks. Tanfoglio Witness, match model (can't resist the two-tone look), in .45ACP of course. Took it out to the range today and it shoots just as nice as Deros says. Put not quite 200 rounds thru it, my wife said she had a couple of jams while I wasn't there but I never had an issue. Real tack driver too, easily capable of shooting much better than I can aim it. On a whim, I was even able to put 10 rounds or so in a man-size target at 50 yards, shooting off hand without the sights tweaked quite right (left my #@$%$!! leatherman at home, so no screwdriver). Now I just need to find a proper holster, the Bianchi I got for my HiPoint 45 works ok, but it sticks out too far for my liking.

(Oh and my wife is demanding I add that she kicked my arse with the new AR too.)
I use a leather belt Holster for the Glock 19 with thumb break.It fits really nice.

DEROS72

imported post

Nice choice by the way I do like the 2 tone as well however I got mine with case and 4 mags dirt cheap.Couldn't resist...

I use a leather belt Holster for the Glock 19 with thumb break.It fits really nice.

mb419

imported post

Nice pistol. I've been wanting to get a Match model too. I've got both a 10mm and a .45 Witness and I love both of them. Excellent guns and great prices too.

Metalhead47

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
And to think i started the Tangfolio craze here, It started with Deros then bookman now you....

Good looking gun man keep her clean and she will service you for years to come. and Its made in Italy so ya know its good to go.
Darn and here I thought *I* was the first copycat :cuss:. Guess it's an official trend now.

tyguy808:
I paid $488 deliverd from Buds Gun Shop, plus $50 FFL fee @ dgs.

DEROS72:
Do you have any issues with the safety clicking off with that holster? I've been using a modified Bianchi that's an ok fit but more than once the safety has clicked off somehwere along the line. Not good:shock:, and it'll be a while till I can afford a custom holster from one of the CZ outfits.

Had it out to the range twice now, only got about 50 rounds thru the second time till a squib spoiled the day. But definitely a tack driver. Once I got the sights dialed in it was shooting right on point of aim at 10 yards. For me, that's an accomplishment :what:. Had a long weekend at Tulalip for my B-day and carried it most of the time, CC unfortunately, and I need a better holster & belt but very easy to carry. Not quite as unnoticeable as the HiPoint I've been carrying but 11 rounds of .45 beats 9 rounds of 9mm any day.:celebrate

Batousaii

imported post

Congrats! - thats a beautiful piece :)

- I have a CZ-75B that i have had since the mid 90's, it's much like the Tanfoglio, and a sweet smooth piece too... i really like that design, reversed rail is very sexy.

:dude:Bat

DEROS72

imported post

The holster I use in the above pic is a very good fit for the Witness .Made for glock 19.I have never had the safety click to the off position .The logo on the back has a capital M and says masterpiece holster for Glock 19,23,25and 32.A .It is a snug fit with and secure with the thumb break.

PavePusher

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Both my 9MM jam on my wife also, just after the last bullet comes out the damn slide jams open. She still hasnt figured out why, and I've given up trying to explain it.

:lol::celebrate:D

O.K., that's funny stuff there...

Metalhead47

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Going to get some caliber conversions for it? ;)
Maybe down the line, to play around with 10mm, but first I want to change the safety (not sure I like the extended safety for a carry gun), switch to a DA/SA trigger, add custom wood grips, holster, etc etc. I never can just leave well enough alone :what: