Thread: SHOT Show press conference on Chicago; SAF files motion on Seattle lawsuit

Post imported post

Post imported post

Do any of these Organizations have plans to file suit against Snohomish County for their recent defiance of the State Preemption?
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

A "shooting in Federal Way." Was this today, is that why Komo couldn't make it to our OC meet? Komo told me they were on their way but then called me back 10 min later to say that their crews were headed to Tacoma. They didn't tell me why but I heard that there was a shooting. Yet I saw nothing on the news this evening.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Do any of these Organizations have plans to file suit against Snohomish County for their recent defiance of the State Preemption?

The outcome of the Seattle lawsuit should settle this.

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    A "shooting in Federal Way." Was this today, is that why Komo couldn't make it to our OC meet? Komo told me they were on their way but then called me back 10 min later to say that their crews were headed to Tacoma. They didn't tell me why but I heard that there was a shooting. Yet I saw nothing on the news this evening.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81934212.html

A 2-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a road rage incident Sunday afternoon in southeast Tacoma.

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    jbone wrote:

Thanks Dave, and for the WAC email reply.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote:
    kito109654 wrote:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81934212.html

A 2-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a road rage incident Sunday afternoon in southeast Tacoma.
    More important to run with the story about one irresponsible gun owner that caused a problem than the the 30+ that didn't.

I guess I just don't understandwhy they couldn't do both???

Post imported post

"If it bleeds, it leads" is the old editorial guideline. Nobody was bleeding at Boston's.

MD

Post imported post

Machoduck wrote:
    "If it bleeds, it leads" is the old editorial guideline. Nobody was bleeding at Boston's.

MD
    MILL CREEK - A group of 36 persons, including women and children, some armed with revolvers and semi-automatic weapons, gathered in the Boston's restaurant in the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek on sunday. Dinner was served.

No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

"A shooting in federal way" I don't know how many times I've heard that. When I went to FWHS I don't know how many times my school was locked down to a shooting across pac highway and on 308th/304th and Pac Highway.

Post imported post

Is the motion posted somewhere?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

ak56 wrote:
    Machoduck wrote:

MD
    MILL CREEK - A group of 36 persons, including women and children, some armed with revolvers and semi-automatic weapons, gathered in the Boston's restaurant in the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek on sunday. Dinner was served.

What it must have been a miracle nobody was shot. There were kids? And they weren't harmed by the evil guns? We should start inviting ceasefire folks to our meets.

Olypendrew wrote:

Is the motion posted somewhere?
    I second that comment.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    jbone wrote:

Until the disposition of the Seattle suit, someone would have to be "harmed" before any lawsuit could be filed. Until someone is arrested for carrying in a Snohomish County Park, there is no "harm", just a non-conforming law on the books.

If someone IS arrested it would have to be for merely carrying a holstered firearm (without touching it, etc). If they are arrested and charged with a true violation of RCW 9.41.270, an example would be for displaying a firearm or threatening with same, that will be a totally different set of circumstances.

So far it would seem that the Sheriff's Department and Park Rangers are not pushing the issue.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"