• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOT Show press conference on Chicago; SAF files motion on Seattle lawsuit

jbone

imported post

Do any of these Organizations have plans to file suit against Snohomish County for their recent defiance of the State Preemption?

kito109654

imported post

A "shooting in Federal Way." Was this today, is that why Komo couldn't make it to our OC meet? Komo told me they were on their way but then called me back 10 min later to say that their crews were headed to Tacoma. They didn't tell me why but I heard that there was a shooting. Yet I saw nothing on the news this evening.

Dave Workman

imported post

jbone wrote:
Do any of these Organizations have plans to file suit against Snohomish County for their recent defiance of the State Preemption?

The outcome of the Seattle lawsuit should settle this.

swatspyder

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
A "shooting in Federal Way." Was this today, is that why Komo couldn't make it to our OC meet? Komo told me they were on their way but then called me back 10 min later to say that their crews were headed to Tacoma. They didn't tell me why but I heard that there was a shooting. Yet I saw nothing on the news this evening.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81934212.html

A 2-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a road rage incident Sunday afternoon in southeast Tacoma.

jbone

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
jbone wrote:

Thanks Dave, and for the WAC email reply.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

swatspyder wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81934212.html

A 2-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a road rage incident Sunday afternoon in southeast Tacoma.

More important to run with the story about one irresponsible gun owner that caused a problem than the the 30+ that didn't.

I guess I just don't understandwhy they couldn't do both???

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Machoduck wrote:
"If it bleeds, it leads" is the old editorial guideline. Nobody was bleeding at Boston's.

MD

MILL CREEK - A group of 36 persons, including women and children, some armed with revolvers and semi-automatic weapons, gathered in the Boston's restaurant in the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek on sunday. Dinner was served.

:cool:

Kildars

imported post

"A shooting in federal way" I don't know how many times I've heard that. When I went to FWHS I don't know how many times my school was locked down to a shooting across pac highway and on 308th/304th and Pac Highway.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

ak56 wrote:
Machoduck wrote:
"If it bleeds, it leads" is the old editorial guideline. Nobody was bleeding at Boston's.

MD

MILL CREEK - A group of 36 persons, including women and children, some armed with revolvers and semi-automatic weapons, gathered in the Boston's restaurant in the Seattle suburb of Mill Creek on sunday. Dinner was served.

:cool:
What it must have been a miracle nobody was shot. There were kids? And they weren't harmed by the evil guns? We should start inviting ceasefire folks to our meets.

Olypendrew wrote:

Is the motion posted somewhere?

I second that comment.

amlevin

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
jbone wrote:

Until the disposition of the Seattle suit, someone would have to be "harmed" before any lawsuit could be filed. Until someone is arrested for carrying in a Snohomish County Park, there is no "harm", just a non-conforming law on the books.

If someone IS arrested it would have to be for merely carrying a holstered firearm (without touching it, etc). If they are arrested and charged with a true violation of RCW 9.41.270, an example would be for displaying a firearm or threatening with same, that will be a totally different set of circumstances.

So far it would seem that the Sheriff's Department and Park Rangers are not pushing the issue.