Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Pizza Kitchen Bans Open Carry

Post imported post

California Pizza Kitchen has issued a press release announcing that open carry is banned at all their locations. We are trying to obtain a copy and will post ASAP.

Add them to your boycott list.

Post imported post

I've been boycotting pizza in general for years, so count me in.

Wonder if they had some particular experience, or were they just contributors to the brady bunch

Post imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
    I've been boycotting pizza in general for years, so count me in.

Wonder if they had some particular experience, or were they just contributors to the brady bunch
    The recent media attention in the bay area regarding the February meetup at the Walnut Creek location has caused quite a stir. Obviously, they had some anti-gun calls.

Post imported post

I hate California Pizza Kitchen anyway.

Post imported post

Their weird fancy hoity toity Pizza ain't nothin' for me anyway, who wants pizza with Chinese BBQ chicken on it? Pepperoni 'n' cheese are just fine in my book.

Post imported post

Anyone taking notes? By announcing where you plan on being on a public forum, it makes it possible for the enemy to take pre-emptive action to influence your plans. Its probably just as well that CPK didnt pan out, as anti's would have shown up just to be disruptive.

Keep your schedule and have vetted participants RSVP their availability. The meet up leaders can then announce the location and stipulate a back up location.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

I like their food. It's different and flavorful.

But, if this policy is true, they won't be getting my business anymore...nor my family's.

(Edit: Just hope the BG don't catch wind...they'll know an easy target!)
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

I like their food also, and we eat there often. If this is true, then I won't be back.

CPK, if you're listening and if this is true, it will be bad for business.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Let me count the locations of California Pizza Kitchen that will NOT serve my family, school, or sports teams or clubs. Darn. There are only three; La Jolla, San Diego, and Vista. I'm very glad they let us know.

Tack
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

If you feel strongly about this, write CPK, here: http://www.customerpulse.net:8080/cp...us/webfeedback

I did:

Dear California Pizza Kitchen:

I recently heard you're banning open carry at all your locations. As a long-time fan of your establishment, it is, with regret, I am boycotting your establishment.

Our Constitution, the "law of the land," and numerous court rulings, support the right of all Americans to keep and bear arms.

Criminals do not open carry. Honest, law-abiding citizens, however, do.

I ask you: Which would you prefer in your establishment? Criminals carrying concealed weapons? Or honest, law-abiding citizens who open carry?

One is a very strong deterrent to the other - one guess as to which.

Should you change your mind and decide to support honest, law-abiding citizens instead of making yourself a soft target for criminals, I will gladly return my business to your establishment.

Sincerely,

A former customer.

After reading this, I think it could be an effective letter to any establishment which bans open carry.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Email sent. CPK boycotted.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

I would like to see a copy of their press release before I send in any boycott messages.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

Keep in mind that people from Starbucks originally stated they had a policy against it, but when asked to produce it in writing they changed their story.

They have a policy against employee's carrying but will respect local state laws for customers.

I support the decision to not publish the location of meetups unless it is prudent for activism purposes. We all know that when you go out unannounced the likelihood of trouble is greatly decreased.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.
    I don't know if this is a good idea. Could be kids working there who will come to harm, and they have little control over the situation.

Post imported post

Personally, as someone who lived in NYC, I have an issue with Pizza + California anyway. I saw one of these in NYC and almost lost my lunch!

Banned

Post imported post

I live near a California Pizza Kitchen. I don't think it is posted. I might stop in and have a slice with my orange AK-47 type handgun.

Post imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    To all criminals.....

I don't know if this is a good idea. Could be kids working there who will come to harm, and they have little control over the situation.
    You are right. CPKmanagementhas completecontrol of the situation, not the employees. The management has placed their employees and customers at greater risk by denying open carry in their stores or parking lot. Their management made a business and public relations decision to assume that liability. CPK should plan to pay the costs in the unfortunate event that someone is hurt.

I can hear the layers already.

Rob/Tack
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

While I believe in not supporting businesses that share different POV or beliefs, I too will choose another pizza destination if this is true. I really did enjoy CPK.

Honestly though, our boycott won't even register on their bottom line.

Post imported post

Just my protest. I've OCed at Domino's with no problems.

Post imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
    While I believe in not supporting businesses that share different POV or beliefs, I too will choose another pizza destination if this is true. I really did enjoy CPK.

Honestly though, our boycott won't even register on their bottom line.
    i think you mentioned a group of people doing something similar to this... (maybe it wasnt you)

we could have the meet there, and one by one walk to the door and turn around while UOCing.

or maybe wear a knights armor suit and tell everyone to goto round table because it tastes better and they dont have north-korea-esque policies.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Did anyone ever get a copy of their new policy banning open carry? Also, does anyone have an email address to send messages to? Their webmail response doesn't allow attaching documents.

We can boycott all we want, but if nobody knows and if we don't contact them then it matters not.

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    Just my protest. I've OCed at Domino's with no problems.
    But Dominos will fire any driver who uses a gun to protect themselves while delivering a pizza or at least they have in the past.

Post imported post

In another thread I found the news article quoting a CPK representative. The article states...

"California Pizza Kitchen does not allow guests other than uniformed officers to display firearms in our restaurants," a company representative told Bay Area News Group.
    Here's the thread... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36950.html

Post imported post

I called the Walnut Creek location, spoke with Andrewthe general manager and was given an email address. I sent the following message with an attached copy of the educational brochure. If anyone else wants the email address send me a PM.

To: Andrew, CPK General Manager, Walnut Creek

Yourrestauranthas come to the national attention of the Open Carry community on the www.opencarry.org forums. A message was recently posted regarding your decision to ban lawful open carriers in yourrestaurants. This message addresses that decision. If for some reason, my information is not correct I would appreciate knowing that. The message posted can be seen at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36744.html.

I have attached to this message an educational document regarding open carry and the second amendment. I would appreciate it if you would review this document as it explains the needsfor and why upstanding, law-abiding citizens open carry.

With regard to your recent decision to ban lawful open carry, or any other legal means of personal self defense for that matter,it is most unfortunate and a decision that I cannot and will not support. Until such time that your decision is reversed and clearly communicated I will no longer bedining at any of yourrestaurants. Further, I will tell everyone in my family and circle of friendsto do the same.

Regards,
    An Informed and Armed Citizen
    Temecula, CA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast