• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Pizza Kitchen Bans Open Carry

dirtykoala

imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
While I believe in not supporting businesses that share different POV or beliefs, I too will choose another pizza destination if this is true. I really did enjoy CPK.

Honestly though, our boycott won't even register on their bottom line.

i think you mentioned a group of people doing something similar to this... (maybe it wasnt you)

we could have the meet there, and one by one walk to the door and turn around while UOCing.

or maybe wear a knights armor suit and tell everyone to goto round table because it tastes better and they dont have north-korea-esque policies.

coolusername2007

imported post

Did anyone ever get a copy of their new policy banning open carry? Also, does anyone have an email address to send messages to? Their webmail response doesn't allow attaching documents.

We can boycott all we want, but if nobody knows and if we don't contact them then it matters not.

PT111

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
Just my protest. I've OCed at Domino's with no problems.
But Dominos will fire any driver who uses a gun to protect themselves while delivering a pizza or at least they have in the past.

coolusername2007

imported post

I called the Walnut Creek location, spoke with Andrewthe general manager and was given an email address. I sent the following message with an attached copy of the educational brochure. If anyone else wants the email address send me a PM.

To: Andrew, CPK General Manager, Walnut Creek

Yourrestauranthas come to the national attention of the Open Carry community on the [url]www.opencarry.org[/url] forums. A message was recently posted regarding your decision to ban lawful open carriers in yourrestaurants. This message addresses that decision. If for some reason, my information is not correct I would appreciate knowing that. The message posted can be seen at [url]http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36744.html[/url].

I have attached to this message an educational document regarding open carry and the second amendment. I would appreciate it if you would review this document as it explains the needsfor and why upstanding, law-abiding citizens open carry.

With regard to your recent decision to ban lawful open carry, or any other legal means of personal self defense for that matter,it is most unfortunate and a decision that I cannot and will not support. Until such time that your decision is reversed and clearly communicated I will no longer bedining at any of yourrestaurants. Further, I will tell everyone in my family and circle of friendsto do the same.

Regards,
An Informed and Armed Citizen
Temecula, CA

Outdoorsman

imported post

I do not have a CPK near me, but I have seen their products in the grocery stores. I will no longer buy their products and I will send them a message why I have chosen to do so. Keep up the good fight!

dirtykoala

imported post

has anyone seen the actual press release? i cant find anything about CPK banning guns except for the info here.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Note, though, that they are banning display of firearms and are not banning concealed carry. Peets is doing the same. It is important that they are specifying OC and not firearms in general.

Unfortunately, in places like Walnut Creek that pretty well eliminates firearms on premises as the county sheriff does not--for most of us--issue carry permits.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Another thread in this section of the forum.

Actually, originally from my wife who is a Peet's habitue and then came here looking for more information.

There are a couple of videos linked in other threads as well.

onedavetoomany

imported post

Gundude wrote:
To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.
You were quoted in this blog:

http://crazyinsuburbia.blogspot.com/2010/01/open-carry-guys-members-miffed-that.html

Be careful what you say! The media and the antis do not have a sense of humor and will take your comments out of context

Poblacht32

imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
Gundude wrote:
To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.
You were quoted in this blog:

http://crazyinsuburbia.blogspot.com/2010/01/open-carry-guys-members-miffed-that.html

Be careful what you say! The media and the antis do not have a sense of humor and will take your comments out of context
I agree. You have to watch what you say. You can't blame the employees for they're not the ones making the rules.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

You can word it differently, you can make it more politically correct but the reality of such policy is self evident to open carriers and criminals alike. This is true whether you bluntly point it out or not.

foghlai

imported post

Here is my version:

Please Note: I believe that Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. owns 2/3rd of CPK. THEY ALSO HAVE AN INVESTMENT IN REMINGTON ARMS. Someone please fact check this.

Dear California Pizza Kitchen:

Today I heard you're banning the open carry of firearms at all your locations. As a long-time customer, it is with regret that I will now be boycotting your establishment.

Criminals do not open carry. Law-abiding citizens, such as myself and my family, do.

As you clearly prefer to keep law abiding citizens unarmed and unprotected in your business I will no longer be eating at any of your locations.

I find it amusing that the investment company that owns 2/3rds of CPK also has a significant investment in Remington Arms. I intend to let the California Gun community know this.

Should you change your mind and decide to support honest, law-abiding citizens instead of making yourself a soft target for criminals, I will gladly return my business to your establishment.

Sincerely,

A former customer.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

My wife was ina CPKtoday and after eating she asked for the manager. She told him that although she was eating with her cousin on a gift card received at Christmas that she and our family would not be in again until CPK changed their policy on OC. The manager was surprised to hear there was such a policy and knew nothing about it. He said he would ask his general manager about it.

(Of course, for his restaurant, it doesn't make a difference since it is withina 1000 foot school zone.) :banghead:

Has anyone seen this policy? I looked through the CPK press releases and I couldn't find anything.

Max

imported post

Nestle has purchased California Pizza Kitchen so there is a possiblity once the dust has settled in the sale, that the new corporate owners will take a position more respectful of legal activities within their establishments.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Max wrote:
Nestle has purchased California Pizza Kitchen so there is a possiblity once the dust has settled in the sale, that the new corporate owners will take a position more respectful of legal activities within their establishments.
And if not... we will have a longer list of products to boycott.