• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Pizza Kitchen Bans Open Carry

onedavetoomany

imported post

California Pizza Kitchen has issued a press release announcing that open carry is banned at all their locations. We are trying to obtain a copy and will post ASAP.

Add them to your boycott list.

onedavetoomany

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
I've been boycotting pizza in general for years, so count me in.

Wonder if they had some particular experience, or were they just contributors to the brady bunch
The recent media attention in the bay area regarding the February meetup at the Walnut Creek location has caused quite a stir. Obviously, they had some anti-gun calls.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Anyone taking notes? By announcing where you plan on being on a public forum, it makes it possible for the enemy to take pre-emptive action to influence your plans. Its probably just as well that CPK didnt pan out, as anti's would have shown up just to be disruptive.

Keep your schedule and have vetted participants RSVP their availability. The meet up leaders can then announce the location and stipulate a back up location.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I like their food. It's different and flavorful.

But, if this policy is true, they won't be getting my business anymore...nor my family's.

(Edit: Just hope the BG don't catch wind...they'll know an easy target!)

Tack

imported post

Let me count the locations of California Pizza Kitchen that will NOT serve my family, school, or sports teams or clubs. Darn. There are only three; La Jolla, San Diego, and Vista. I'm very glad they let us know.

Tack

Gundude

imported post

To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you feel strongly about this, write CPK, here: http://www.customerpulse.net:8080/cpkcontactus/webfeedback

I did:

Dear California Pizza Kitchen:

I recently heard you're banning open carry at all your locations. As a long-time fan of your establishment, it is, with regret, I am boycotting your establishment.

Our Constitution, the "law of the land," and numerous court rulings, support the right of all Americans to keep and bear arms.

Criminals do not open carry. Honest, law-abiding citizens, however, do.

I ask you: Which would you prefer in your establishment? Criminals carrying concealed weapons? Or honest, law-abiding citizens who open carry?

One is a very strong deterrent to the other - one guess as to which.

Should you change your mind and decide to support honest, law-abiding citizens instead of making yourself a soft target for criminals, I will gladly return my business to your establishment.

Sincerely,

A former customer.

After reading this, I think it could be an effective letter to any establishment which bans open carry.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Keep in mind that people from Starbucks originally stated they had a policy against it, but when asked to produce it in writing they changed their story.

They have a policy against employee's carrying but will respect local state laws for customers.

I support the decision to not publish the location of meetups unless it is prudent for activism purposes. We all know that when you go out unannounced the likelihood of trouble is greatly decreased.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

Gundude wrote:
To all criminals.....

California pizza kitchen is a soft target. Feel free to enter and have your way with everyone there, They are all unarmed. Bring all your criminal friends. There is one hot waitress there, she will be available.
I don't know if this is a good idea. Could be kids working there who will come to harm, and they have little control over the situation.

Pace

imported post

Personally, as someone who lived in NYC, I have an issue with Pizza + California anyway. I saw one of these in NYC and almost lost my lunch! :)

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I live near a California Pizza Kitchen. I don't think it is posted. I might stop in and have a slice with my orange AK-47 type handgun.

Tack

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
Gundude wrote:
To all criminals.....

I don't know if this is a good idea. Could be kids working there who will come to harm, and they have little control over the situation.
You are right. CPKmanagementhas completecontrol of the situation, not the employees. The management has placed their employees and customers at greater risk by denying open carry in their stores or parking lot. Their management made a business and public relations decision to assume that liability. CPK should plan to pay the costs in the unfortunate event that someone is hurt.

I can hear the layers already.

Rob/Tack

SouthBayr

imported post

While I believe in not supporting businesses that share different POV or beliefs, I too will choose another pizza destination if this is true. I really did enjoy CPK.

Honestly though, our boycott won't even register on their bottom line.