• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cinemark in Mesa- CCW no longer allowed

redoctoberz

imported post

Not sure how many people go out there to that new theater in the Mesa Riverview, but they just tossed up "no concealed firearms" signs. Nothing on the sign about open though - they will probably still throw a fit.

GWbiker

imported post

Pace wrote:
Interesting, I wonder why they did that.

Easy.

It's a policy to keep Gangbangers from carrying their illegally obtained guns inside the theater.

After all, Anti's know that bad guys always obey signs prohibiting guns in businesses.

/sarcasm.

The Big Guy

imported post

You might read my post on the NV board from late November. I had a run in with the theater manager over open carry. I both wrote and emailed Cinemark with no response from them. Their headquarters is in Texas and despite what one would assume Texasis notbig onpersonal carry.

KBCraig

imported post

They have the same signs in Texas, although not prominently posted. They also are legally meaningless in Texas, for anyone with a CHL. I guess they could pursue PC 30.05 "criminal trespass while in possession of a deadly weapon" charges against the criminals, though.

Decoligny

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
I wonder how they plan to enforce that.

They might as well put up a sign saying "No Breathing allowed".

How about a sign "Clean Underwear Only".

It would take the same amount of searching to determine that someone's underwear is clean as it would to determine if they are carrying a concealed firearm.