• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feb 6th Walnut Creek Meetup: New Location...

Livermoron

imported post

Hello Group,

:? We all knew the possibility existed that the "Anti's" would create a dark cloud over the heads of the management of California Pizza Kitchen. Hence CPK has come out with their policy today against UOC at all locations :banghead:. Some of you have already begun to voice your opinions related to this announcement...

I caution everyone to meter your responses as we do not wish to become known as "that bunch" that publicly slams you if you disagree with their business practices. That being said, opposition letters to Anti-UOC establishments directly, in my opinion are the way to go.

:D Moving forward we will NOT be announcing this Walnut Creek meetup location on the forum (sorry Anti's :p).

:arrow::arrow::arrow: Here's the deal folks :exclaim:: If you wish to receive information on the meetup you will have to PM me and be vetted as a verifiable UOC'er (or friend or family member). Members of the media will need to do the same and will be given information on the day of the Meetup.

All you veteran UOC folks on the forum - I will be looking to you for some info from time-to-time...

I am sure you all will understand and appreciate these extra efforts for this meetup. Of course, we are not trying to "hide" (as the Anti's will likely state) but trying to keep things safe, civil and organized so that we may meet, eat lunch and have some nice conversation (as always).

Everyone Take Care. See you in Walnut Creek :).

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool:

PS - UOC'd in Antioch & Livermore this weekend, and wore my BOC (Banana Open Carry) to the Cow Palace gun show :celebrate.

wewd

imported post

First rule of Open Carry Club: You do not talk about Open Carry Club. :cool:

Livermoron

imported post

Thanks "Tyler" :lol:,

GREAT MOVIE!

Anyway, please keep those PM's coming. Many of you are on the contact list. Please be patient. Info is on the way soon. For now just plan on being in Walnut Creek 2-6-10 Saturday around 11am.

Carry On,

SFWD 1934

imported post

I would like to meet up with you guys. I am from Pittsburg, and as I posted in the thread regarding the article in todays CC Times, I was very happy to see this group. First I have ever heard of it this morning. Glad to see this forum. I was hoping that AB357 was going to pass, hopefully they will resubmit it again.

Jason

Streetbikerr6

imported post

SFWD 1934 wrote:
I would like to meet up with you guys. I am from Pittsburg, and as I posted in the thread regarding the article in todays CC Times, I was very happy to see this group. First I have ever heard of it this morning. Glad to see this forum. I was hoping that AB357 was going to pass, hopefully they will resubmit it again.

Jason
Of course livermoron will need to exercize caution with new posters that could really be LEO's. If nota singleLEO knows.. then all they will see the next day on our forums is how great of a meet up it was. They will wonder where their mwag calls were.. there probably won't be any without them calling it in themselves. :celebrate

RLSommers

imported post

I'm new to this and I truly wish to participate. Please help me - I'm having trouble navigating through the website. I seem to have trouble downloading the calendar. I'm a vet, God following, citizen. I work at Sandia National Lab and know of a couple of friends at church that will participate, also.

Ricky L. Sommers

SFWD 1934

imported post

Yeah I understand. No LEO here. Stationary Engineer for a hospital. Going to head over to Antioch Armory to see what belt holster they have for my SIG226R. Have a Blackhawk for my XD-45, but no location for the magazine. Hopefully I can find something.

Jason

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Of course livermoron will need to exercize caution with new posters that could really be LEO's. If nota singleLEO knows.. then all they will see the next day on our forums is how great of a meet up it was. They will wonder where their mwag calls were.. there probably won't be any without them calling it in themselves. :celebrate
+1

But I'm more worried about the Brady campaign meddling with our peaceful gatherings. We're definitely on their radar, and it wouldn't be below them to "infiltrate" our group in order to create an "incident" at a meetup.

In fact, I have very little doubt there's a Brady spy among us already. It's just how they operate.

Gundude

imported post

What, me worry?

This brings to mind the Spy vs Spy in Mad magazine.

I'm sure everyone is watching everyone else.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
But I'm more worried about the Brady campaign meddling with our peaceful gatherings. We're definitely on their radar, and it wouldn't be below them to "infiltrate" our group in order to create an "incident" at a meetup.

In fact, I have very little doubt there's a Brady spy among us already. It's just how they operate.
Is tar and feathering still legal? :X

Livermoron

imported post

2-6-10 11am Walnut Creek MEETUP LOCATION SELECTED :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate!!!

Info to be sent to participating UOC'ers during the 2 days leading up to the MEETUP via PM, email or telephone from ME ONLY.

Keep those PM's and such coming :D. I will get the word out to you in time. Just plan on Walnut Creek Downtown and keep an eye on the weather to dress appropriately to UOC legally.

Check your routes for GFSZ compliance :uhoh:! Walnut Creek PD is aware of our meetup and has demonstrated thus far that they intend not to violate our rights (according to CA laws). An "e-check" could be expected under section 12031e at some point.

See you all there. It looks like a large group at this point. It may be the largest thus far for one of our meetups.

Carry On,

http://www.baoc.us

SFWD 1934

imported post

Hopefully I get a chance to meet nd talk with you guys/girls. My father and I meet last week for lunch and we were talking about UOC, CCW, etc. A bunch of the people from the BARF forum have some of the same feelings about this. BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum).

Jason

Cheetehpapa

imported post

Thank you for your efforts. It's a breath of fresh air for me and many others I am sure. Guess I will get a holster other than a cowboy action and meet ya there. :)