• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our new arrival

ecocks

imported post

Delivered on Friday evening at 6:12PM:

Gosh I'm so proud!

ecocks

imported post

Sorry for the delay on the answer.

FN AR .308 20" Tactical Rifle

Came with 3 mags ( 2 X 20's and a 10 capacity)

ecocks

imported post

And this one arrived last week. It's a simple Hi-Point 9mm carbine with foregrip ($225 at Cabella's). Laser sight and compensator are now added to the shopping list.

Eric.

imported post

Ed, I've been drooling over the FNAR. Have you got a chance to fire it from sandbags and see what kind of groups you can get? Did you get the Heavy or light barrel? How's the trigger? I heard it is a different trigger than on the BAR's. Any other feedback on it?

ecocks

imported post

Sorry to say I haven't fired it yet. Still waiting to put some glass on it and don't want to fire it with just iron sights or even one of our red dots.

Mine is theheavy barrel model, they offered bothfor the same price ($1,199 @ Cabellas).

While it is distinctly different from the BAR, it has the heft and feel of a very solid weapon.

The tactical barrel length brings the range in a bit but fills my niche for a mid-range, upper medium-weightround.

The model feels good but is definitely not an M4-styleAR that you can imagine running around with all day through brush or urban environments.

I have high expectations for it AFTER I get it tricked out with scope, bi-pod and sling.

My wish list is sooo long these days.

Priorities, priorities.......