• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many WI 2A groups are there?

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

This is what I got.

Wisconsin Gun Owners

Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Patriots

Is there any more?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WI-Force, Used to be Wisconsin Rifle & Pistol Association.
Second Amendment Sisters (Wisconsin Chapter)
Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership

And we haven't even touched on the 100's of "pro-hunting" groups.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
WI-Force, Used to be Wisconsin Rifle & Pistol Association.
Second Amendment Sisters (Wisconsin Chapter)
Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership

And we haven't even touched on the 100's of "pro-hunting" groups.
I just had to Google the last one. OMG. NO GUNS FOR NEGOES. WTF? It's not what I first thought. It is a must see. Very informative.

Old Grump

imported post

Used to belong to Wisconsin Rifle & Pistol Association and competed in a lot of pistol matches. When I came back from Illinois after nearly 20 years I sent in a request for renewal and they never answered. I guess they don't need or want members anymore.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Used to belong to Wisconsin Rifle & Pistol Association and competed in a lot of pistol matches. When I came back from Illinois after nearly 20 years I sent in a request for renewal and they never answered. I guess they don't need or want members anymore.
You are assuming that nothing ever gets lost in the mail.WI FORCE (formerly the WRPA) is much more active now and the staff is willing to help you out. Your issue is an easy one to sort out if you truly care.

Support The 2nd

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
You are assuming that nothing ever gets lost in the mail.WI FORCE (formerly the WRPA) is much more active now and the staff is willing to help you out. Your issue is an easy one to sort out if you truly care.
They are? They are willing to "help you out?" Have they made a donation to the legal fund to challenge the GFSZA? Did they offer any help to any member here? Have they been asking there membership to get to these council meetings to speak against these illegal local ordinances?

From where I sit, I haven't seen them do anything to advance our cause (Open Carry).

If I am wrong, and you have proof, please feel free to provide it.

Support The 2nd

imported post

That's exactly what I thought you'd say.

They are all about the ranges and shooting sports, not about ones right to self defense or "open carry."

Thanks for reiterating my point.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
That's exactly what I thought you'd say.

They are all about the ranges and shooting sports, not about ones right to self defense or "open carry."

Thanks for reiterating my point.
First you interject in the middle of a conversation which does not directly concern you, then you bash a group because of an ignorant perception. Divisiveness will accomplish nothing. Many members of WI FORCE are active in the OC movement. You know nothing of what they are "all about"....

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Another arrant interrupter errantly conflating commerce and hunting with the Second Amendment that "shall not be infringed", even to Wisconsin having separate sections of its Constitution for the RKABA and another for shooting regulated by the DNR..
Go away Doug.....:?

Old Grump

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I am a member of and contributor to Wisconsin Libertarians, National Libertarians, WGO, JPFO, GOA, NRA, RKBA, SAF, American Legion and VFW. I think I am serious. This is the first I heard of the name change and considering how many organizations I belong to and my shooting background it would seem to me they would have approached me by now. I regularly check the American Riflemen for shooting events in my area that I could go to because I can't travel like I used to but Wisconsin seems to be pretty dead for events except for an occasional gun show. If you have a link for them I will contact them again.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

First you interject in the middle of a conversation which does not directly concern you, then you bash a group because of an ignorant perception. Divisiveness will accomplish nothing. Many members of WI FORCE are active in the OC movement. You know nothing of what they are "all about"....
Go away Doug.....:?
You wish.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/36955.html

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I am a member of and contributor to Wisconsin Libertarians, National Libertarians, WGO, JPFO, GOA, NRA, RKBA, SAF, American Legion and VFW. I think I am serious. This is the first I heard of the name change and considering how many organizations I belong to and my shooting background it would seem to me they would have approached me by now. I regularly check the American Riflemen for shooting events in my area that I could go to because I can't travel like I used to but Wisconsin seems to be pretty dead for events except for an occasional gun show. If you have a link for them I will contact them again.

All you have to do is fill out an application and mail it in with your check to become a member. http://www.wrpa.com/10_MemberApp.pdf

If you wish to talk to someone personally,send Jeff Ness an E-Mail or even give him a phone call. http://www.wrpa.com/Contacts_Officers.htm

I sense a little feeling of entitlement on your part. Who would you be to them? Why would they "approach" you? How would "they" even know who you are? "They" are a group of individuals, just like any organization. Myself being on of "them". If you have a strong shooting background, it would seem that you would have a strong desire to belong to your State rifle club. That is what WI FORCE is. Our WI State Rifle club. In the world of High Power and State level coordination, they are significant.

I have personally sparked OC as an issue of awarement. I proposed and got implemented an Open Carry policy at my local range. At the meeting which I proposed the rule change, the President of Wi Force was in attendance. He took notice and announcedthe issue of OC in the Fall newsletter to the State Rifle Clubs using some of the meat of my proposal.

The American Rifleman is not a very good source for shooting events information. If you go to the WI Force site http://www.wrpa.com/ and the Wisconsin Shooters site, http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla/ you will find an event pretty much every weekend in WI.

If you have a solid shooting background, you should become involved in Appleseed. The mission of Appleseed is to get new shooters involved in shooting and revive the basic marksmanship skills that every American should have.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
You wish.

What I wish is for you to cease trolling the threads adding to the spirit of divisiveness.

"Sport" shooting and the many organizations are how most people get involved in shooting. We need to unite and fight for our rights together in spite of our differing motivators.

Support The 2nd

imported post

"Sport" shooting and the many organizations are how most people get involved in shooting. We need to unite and fight for our rights together in spite of our differing motivators.
You are 100% correct here, we need to unite. The problem is, these "Sport" shooting organizations seem to have a "you don't need to carry" or "we aren't about OC" attitude towards those who OC.

Example: Gene German introduces the county resolutions. Where are/were the "Sport" organizations.....silent.

Example: Gonzalez is unlawfully detained not once, but twice. Where are/were the "Sport" organizations......silent.

Example: Krause is unlawfully detained and charged. Where are/were the "Sport" organizations.....silent.

Example: Yates is unlawfully detained (Walking on State Street in Madison). Where are/were the "Sport" organizations.....silent.

Example: (Bernson and Hannan-Rock) are taken from their home. In Bernson's case, the government still has his gun. Where are/were the "Sport" organizations.....silent.

I've given five (5) examples of where the "Sport" organizations stood silent while our fellow citizens were/are being arrested and having there firearms seized by government.

I'm not being divisive, just stating the facts. When these "pro-gun, Sport" organizations actually start standing up with/for the little guy, then we will be united. Until then, it is the "Sport" organizations, who continue to remain silent, that are being divisive.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

The benighted interrupter is a union ('Goonion') organizer advocating soviet style collective action under leftist leadership.

I support individual action based on knowledge of our neighbors and the issues,
and distrust of agitators and propagandists.

Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
You are 100% correct here, we need to unite. The problem is, these "Sport" shooting organizations seem to have a "you don't need to carry" or "we aren't about OC" attitude towards those who OC.
.......I've given five (5) examples of where the "Sport" organizations stood silent while our fellow citizens were/are being arrested and having there firearms seized by government.

I'm not being divisive, just stating the facts. When these "pro-gun, Sport" organizations actually start standing up with/for the little guy, then we will be united. Until then, it is the "Sport" organizations, who continue to remain silent, that are being divisive.

Not so. What is divisive is making unfair demands and then bashing when they do not meet your demands. Often times these demands are only made on forums and never in writing directly to the organizations.

These sport organizations are not about the icebergs. Most do not have a political action committee. The member dues are spent to maintain the ranges and operate. It is up to the individuals who find themselves involved in a legal battle who need to appeal to the organizations for support and not automatically feel entitled to the members' dues from these organizations.

An appeal in writing often times must be voted on by the board of directors before any money (members' dues) can be disbursed.