• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many WI 2A groups are there?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The benighted interrupter is a union ('Goonion') organizer advocating soviet style collective action under leftist leadership.

I support individual action based on knowledge of our neighbors and the issues,
and distrust of agitators and propagandists.

You certainly are an individual. Acting asan individual who is only interested in your personal agenda of division. You certainly are not interested in advancing our 2nd Amendment rights and improving the Statutes in WI. You can not even put forth a respectable effort to revise/remove your local Code which is preempted by WI State law.

Your posts on this board cast a dark shadow on our movement and those involved. Your deliberate divisiveness harmseveryone involved and the reputation of our movement. As evidenced by your actions such as beginning a post with an insult based on a childish transformation of a board user name, you are simply a self serving vain old man whoemploys tactics which should not even be considered by someone who is learned as they are a favorite of fools. One who is content to type insults from the relative solitude of your Island hideaway rather than get off your ass and do something positive.You would rather demean another and let the boat sink than grab a bucket and help with the bailing....:?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Empty words devoid of knowledge, commitment or truth.
The knowledge shared by those who frequent this board is that you are an ass. You are committed to deamonizing and demeaning others while failing to make yourself look superior. The truth is that you likely are simply a self serving fool who is not truly interested in defendong or advancing our 2A rights...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
The benighted interrupter is a union ('Goonion') organizer advocating soviet style collective action under leftist leadership.

I support individual action based on knowledge of our neighbors and the issues,
and distrust of agitators and propagandists.

You certainly are an individual. Acting asan individual who is only interested in your personal agenda of division. You certainly are not interested in advancing our 2nd Amendment rights and improving the Statutes in WI. You can not even put forth a respectable effort to revise/remove your local Code which is preempted by WI State law.

Your posts on this board cast a dark shadow on our movement and those involved. Your deliberate divisiveness harmseveryone involved and the reputation of our movement. As evidenced by your actions such as beginning a post with an insult based on a childish transformation of a board user name, you are simply a self serving vain old man whoemploys tactics which should not even be considered by someone who is learned as they are a favorite of fools. One who is content to type insults from the relative solitude of your Island hideaway rather than get off your ass and do something positive.You would rather demean another and let the boat sink than grab a bucket and help with the bailing....:?

I'm afraid your assessment is pretty accurate. Unfortunate, since Doug has a lot of knowledge. Now, some of the most egregious and sophomoric of this insults are being deleted by the moderator. Doug doesn't seem to care about that.

The main defect that I see about Doug's prolific postings (2nd highest all time OCDO poster, counting both of his accounts) is that he writes as if everything is about....him. And his opinions and hisworldview. See his recriminations about the NRA, an organization he was a member of for years and whose certification he used to train other people (and make $$$$?).

He seems to fancy himself a sage and oracle. But his style, language and methodology are of a dedicatedobscurantist.

It's his way...

Doug, as I said, has a tremendous amount of knowledge. His role here could be a lot more productive--even if he just knocked off the cutesy name-calling and insult hurling. He really is capable of better than that stuff.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Interceptor:

Thank you for the information on WI-Force.

Mr. Ness took the time and effort (as did I) to go to Madison and speak against the "micro-stamping" garb. We at Wisconsin Carry, Inc. are willing to work with any/all groups in Wisconsin to advance ones ability to freely exercise their RTKBA.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
Interceptor:

Thank you for the information on WI-Force.

Mr. Ness took the time and effort (as did I) to go to Madison and speak against the "micro-stamping" garb. We at Wisconsin Carry, Inc. are willing to work with any/all groups in Wisconsin to advance ones ability to freely exercise their RTKBA.
You are welcome...

Old Grump

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I am a member of and contributor to Wisconsin Libertarians, National Libertarians, WGO, JPFO, GOA, NRA, RKBA, SAF, American Legion and VFW. I think I am serious. This is the first I heard of the name change and considering how many organizations I belong to and my shooting background it would seem to me they would have approached me by now. I regularly check the American Riflemen for shooting events in my area that I could go to because I can't travel like I used to but Wisconsin seems to be pretty dead for events except for an occasional gun show. If you have a link for them I will contact them again.

All you have to do is fill out an application and mail it in with your check to become a member. http://www.wrpa.com/10_MemberApp.pdf

If you wish to talk to someone personally,send Jeff Ness an E-Mail or even give him a phone call. http://www.wrpa.com/Contacts_Officers.htm

I sense a little feeling of entitlement on your part. Who would you be to them? Why would they "approach" you? How would "they" even know who you are? "They" are a group of individuals, just like any organization. Myself being on of "them". If you have a strong shooting background, it would seem that you would have a strong desire to belong to your State rifle club. That is what WI FORCE is. Our WI State Rifle club. In the world of High Power and State level coordination, they are significant.
Sense of entitlement? Not really but most of the organizations I belong to did approach me or at least were known to me at the time and I checked them before I joined them. I sent a letter to the WRPA at the address listed in the American Rifleman because it was the only source of information I had, This computer thing is new to me and I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the marvels of the electronic age. I miss my clay tablet and stylus, I understood them.

I will check out the links and if I like what I see I will join. Thank you for pointing out that I am acting like I am entitled. I will endeavor to be humble and will abase myself at every opportunity. Its just that I never heard of the name change and I never hear anybody talking about them or see anything in print about them. A little public relations push might help guys like me who want to belong but didn't know you existed.

An answer to my letter 10 years ago would have helped but like you said sometimes the post office doesn't perform. I received a package almost to the day a year after it was sent, not once but twice so I know stuff happens.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I sent a letter to the WRPA at the address listed in the American Rifleman because it was the only source of information I had, This computer thing is new to me and I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the marvels of the electronic age. I miss my clay tablet and stylus, I understood them.
......An answer to my letter 10 years ago would have helped .........
Here is the other issue. Any listed mailing address is normally to the current Secretary. Due to delays in publishing, the address you sent your letter to may not have been current. It isn't like the WRPA/WI FORCEhas an office or a store front. If the outgoing Secretary is not responsible, they will not forward correspondence to the current Secretary. This should not reflect poorly on the WI FORCE as a whole, only on the person who is not doing their job. The current Board/Officers seems to be on the ball much more so thanpast "leadership".

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First you interject in the middle of a conversation which does not directly concern you, then you bash a group because of an ignorant perception. Divisiveness will accomplish nothing. Many members of WI FORCE are active in the OC movement. You know nothing of what they are "all about"....

Go away Doug.....:?
You wish.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/36955.html
no WE ALL WISH you would go away :? your so boring.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
First you interject in the middle of a conversation which does not directly concern you, then you bash a group because of an ignorant perception. Divisiveness will accomplish nothing. Many members of WI FORCE are active in the OC movement. You know nothing of what they are "all about"....

You wish.

Well, G34, I think you are incorrect on both of your points.

a) We don't "ALL WISH" theDougs would go away. I don't.

b) The Dougs are many things, but they're not "boring."

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

You wish.

Well, G34, I think you are incorrect on both of your points.

a) We don't "ALL WISH" theDougs would go away. I don't.

b) The Dougs are many things, but they're not "boring."
OK, I stand corrected

A. most of the smart ones would like to see him go since all he is a super troll with a superiority complex, but maybe the few here that think he is oh so valuable want him to stay. For the life of me I have no idea why, how has he contributed to the forum, besides causing strife & having the highest post count.

B. even twin Trolls both named Doug, get boring after a while.

Old Grump

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I sent a letter to the WRPA at the address listed in the American Rifleman because it was the only source of information I had, This computer thing is new to me and I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the marvels of the electronic age. I miss my clay tablet and stylus, I understood them.
......An answer to my letter 10 years ago would have helped .........
Here is the other issue. Any listed mailing address is normally to the current Secretary. Due to delays in publishing, the address you sent your letter to may not have been current. It isn't like the WRPA/WI FORCEhas an office or a store front. If the outgoing Secretary is not responsible, they will not forward correspondence to the current Secretary. This should not reflect poorly on the WI FORCE as a whole, only on the person who is not doing their job. The current Board/Officers seems to be on the ball much more so thanpast "leadership".
Link used, forms printed, check will be in mail in the morning.