Thread: OC Meet for Breakfast in COS on Jan 23

Post imported post

We currently have 15 known members who reside in Colorado Springs! There are probably a few more from neighboring areas, and perhaps more who simply don't have their cities listed.

I'd like to get together on January 23, this Saturday, around 8am, for breakfast and to meet and greet as many of you who can attend.

I've not done much OC here in the Springs, so I'm not sure which restaurant, or which area in town would be preferable. I'd like to stick with eggs and pancakes, though, but I'm open to anything, really.

Anyone interested? If so, please suggest a good location.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!

Oh, and everyone who can make the drive from further locations, like Denver, is welcome to attend!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

I will try to come. Since I'm from Conifer I can't help with location or restaurant. Maybe a little later also, say 0900-1000.

Post imported post

I also may be abletoattend as well. But being from Highlands Ranch, I also don't know the places available down there. 9 or 10 am is fine with me as well.

-desettle
    ”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Post imported post

I'm interested.

I'm pretty open as to when and where, but do not know which businesses are "friendly."

---
    What part of "shall not be infringed" DON'T you understand?

Post imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
    I will try to come. Since I'm from Conifer I can't help with location or restaurant. Maybe a little later also, say 0900-1000.
    I second that. Let's shoot for 10am. Waking up at 7:30am on Saturday just isn't that appealing to me.

As far as a place, what about the Cracker Barrel where Academy meets Voyager Pkwy. It's right next to I-25 so that would be helpful for people that are outside of the Springs.

The address on that Cracker Barrel is 8355 Razorback Road, Colorado Springs, CO for you GPS users.

Post imported post

LOL I know what you mean.
    ”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Post imported post

albritton77 wrote:
    I'm interested.

I'm pretty open as to when and where, but do not know which businesses are "friendly."

---
    What part of "shall not be infringed" DON'T you understand?
    I've OC'd to Cracker Barrel before w/o problems. Besides I don't think they would refuse the business of all of us.

Post imported post

Thanks to Ian, for the suggestion. Turns out, it's not far from where I live. : )

Date: January 23, 2010

Time: 10:00 AM

Cracker Barrel

8355 Razorback Drive

Colorado Springs, CO 80920-3953
    Map

Directions: Take I-25 to Exit 150 at theSouth Gate of the USAF Academy, but head EAST, away from the Academy, on N. Academy Blvd. That's a right if you're northbound on I-25, and a left if you're southbond. Whatever you do, if you find yourself heading towards the south gate at the Academy, turn around before you get there!

About 400 yards East of theoverpass, while on N. Academy Blvd, make a left on Hwy 83 (Voyager) as if you were going to the Wal-Mart, but then make your first left onto Razorback Rd, near the Howard-Johnson.

Go past the Howard-Johnson and follow the road as it makes a sharp left. Cracker Barrel will be on your right, before you reach the Super 8, Drury Inn, or McDonalds.

Bring your appetites!

- since9
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

I think this is one that I can make it to...unless I have to work...
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

If you can't make it to this meeting, MountainMan, I've got a fairly free schedule, and would be happy to meet with you (and possibly others) at another time.

Please let me know.

Post imported post

working that weekend. Sucks to be on call.

:X

Post imported post

Looking forward to this. I'm going to probably bring my girlfriend and maybe see if a friend of mine wants to go.

Post imported post

Was really hoping to make it but it dose not look to good. I will make the Feb meet for sure.

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    Looking forward to this. I'm going to probably bring my girlfriend and maybe see if a friend of mine wants to go.
    All are welcome, Ian! Tell your friend we're merely having breakfast, and that it's not an arms demonstration - It's breakfast.

In fact, if someone wants to attend, but is leery about wearing arms, come anyway, and get a feel for what it's all about.

Post imported post

Just wanted to let you know that it does not look like my wife and I will be able to make it to this meeting, we have something else going on during this time. I appologize for the late message but wanted to let you know. Iwill be at the 2/13 gathering.

Post imported post

Won't make it for sure. Really bummed, hope its a great day for the rest of you!

Post imported post

Good meet everyone, we had a pretty decent turnout.

Post imported post

Thee meeting was a success, with a total of seven showing for what turned out to be an enjoying breakfast amidst conversation centered mostly around our favorite topic of choice. That didn't stop a lot of side conversations about everthing from building construction codes, circuit boards, livinging here in Colorado, and especially the Springs.

I was glad to meet each and every one of you! I hope to organize another meet in February, perhaps getting together for some afternoon range time followed by dinner. Alternatively, we could do a lunch/range. I'm all ears.

Post imported post

Range time sounds like fun.

It was good meeting everyone, my g/f and I had a great time.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

Very good meet today. It was good to place faces with screen names.

No pictures of today's meet per request.

Post imported post

I'm in Iraq right now and missed this one. When my TDY is over I hope you will have another!

Post imported post

John B wrote:
    I'm in Iraq right now and missed this one. When my TDY is over I hope you will have another!

Absolutely! When's your first free month back?

If no one else organizes in a couple of days, I'll be putting forth one for later this month.

I've open carried at IHOP next to Chapel Hills Mall at all hours of the day and night and they're perfectly happy with that.

What I was thinking, however, is to open carry at the IHOP near the Citadel Mall, a show of support as they were recently robbed. As an added benefit, it's closer to Dragonman's, where I thought we'd adjourn for some range time afterwards.