• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet for Breakfast in COS on Jan 23

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We currently have 15 known members who reside in Colorado Springs! There are probably a few more from neighboring areas, and perhaps more who simply don't have their cities listed.

I'd like to get together on January 23, this Saturday, around 8am, for breakfast and to meet and greet as many of you who can attend.

I've not done much OC here in the Springs, so I'm not sure which restaurant, or which area in town would be preferable. I'd like to stick with eggs and pancakes, though, but I'm open to anything, really.

Anyone interested? If so, please suggest a good location.

Thanks, and hope to see you there!

Oh, and everyone who can make the drive from further locations, like Denver, is welcome to attend!

albritton77

imported post

I'm interested.

I'm pretty open as to when and where, but do not know which businesses are "friendly."

---
What part of "shall not be infringed" DON'T you understand?

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
I will try to come. Since I'm from Conifer I can't help with location or restaurant. Maybe a little later also, say 0900-1000.
I second that. Let's shoot for 10am. Waking up at 7:30am on Saturday just isn't that appealing to me.

As far as a place, what about the Cracker Barrel where Academy meets Voyager Pkwy. It's right next to I-25 so that would be helpful for people that are outside of the Springs.

The address on that Cracker Barrel is 8355 Razorback Road, Colorado Springs, CO for you GPS users.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

albritton77 wrote:
I'm interested.

I'm pretty open as to when and where, but do not know which businesses are "friendly."

---
What part of "shall not be infringed" DON'T you understand?
I've OC'd to Cracker Barrel before w/o problems. Besides I don't think they would refuse the business of all of us.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks to Ian, for the suggestion. Turns out, it's not far from where I live. : )

Date: January 23, 2010

Time: 10:00 AM

Cracker Barrel

8355 Razorback Drive

Colorado Springs, CO 80920-3953

Map

Directions: Take I-25 to Exit 150 at theSouth Gate of the USAF Academy, but head EAST, away from the Academy, on N. Academy Blvd. That's a right if you're northbound on I-25, and a left if you're southbond. Whatever you do, if you find yourself heading towards the south gate at the Academy, turn around before you get there!

About 400 yards East of theoverpass, while on N. Academy Blvd, make a left on Hwy 83 (Voyager) as if you were going to the Wal-Mart, but then make your first left onto Razorback Rd, near the Howard-Johnson.

Go past the Howard-Johnson and follow the road as it makes a sharp left. Cracker Barrel will be on your right, before you reach the Super 8, Drury Inn, or McDonalds.

Bring your appetites!

- since9

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you can't make it to this meeting, MountainMan, I've got a fairly free schedule, and would be happy to meet with you (and possibly others) at another time.

Please let me know.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Looking forward to this. I'm going to probably bring my girlfriend and maybe see if a friend of mine wants to go.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ian wrote:
Looking forward to this. I'm going to probably bring my girlfriend and maybe see if a friend of mine wants to go.
All are welcome, Ian! Tell your friend we're merely having breakfast, and that it's not an arms demonstration - It's breakfast.

In fact, if someone wants to attend, but is leery about wearing arms, come anyway, and get a feel for what it's all about.

desettle

imported post

Just wanted to let you know that it does not look like my wife and I will be able to make it to this meeting, we have something else going on during this time. I appologize for the late message but wanted to let you know. Iwill be at the 2/13 gathering.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thee meeting was a success, with a total of seven showing for what turned out to be an enjoying breakfast amidst conversation centered mostly around our favorite topic of choice. That didn't stop a lot of side conversations about everthing from building construction codes, circuit boards, livinging here in Colorado, and especially the Springs.

I was glad to meet each and every one of you! I hope to organize another meet in February, perhaps getting together for some afternoon range time followed by dinner. Alternatively, we could do a lunch/range. I'm all ears.