Thread: Tea Party Rally today

Post imported post

TEA PARTY CONVERGE ON THE CAPITOL - - this Monday, January 18 at 11 am on the Capitol steps in Boise. Patriots gathering from all across Idaho...see you Monday at 11 am. (repost - Freedom Foundation) http://teapartyboise.com/events-calendar

Post imported post

Doesn't seemvery well-organized.

Post imported post

I attended today. The organization was fine, but they sure did not promote the event well. I suspect that is what you meant.

Brian

Post imported post

Just curious, how many showed up? Were they able to talk to anyone, or did any local news talk to them?

I checked the websites for a couple of the local TV news channels (KIVI and KTVB), and they both covered other groups that were gathering there like the ACLU of Idaho, Idaho Community Action Network and the Interfaith Alliance of Idaho, but nothing on a Tea Party.

Thanks!

Post imported post

I would guess a few hundred people, but I am no expert at estimating crowd sizes.

Of interest to this group is legislation that will be introduced this session regarding firearms. There are plans to introduce a bill that will mirror the Montana approach to guns that do not cross state lines. It is part of a theme to re-assert state sovereignty. I will post more as I learn about it.

Brian

Post imported post

i OCd at the tea party and mlkwith no problems from the police. wasnt even approached.

Post imported post

Ya it would be great if you could post something with a little more advanced notice would enjoy showing my support. I'm native to south eastern Idaho been gone for 3 years now but trying to get back. probably more Boise way.

Post imported post

jugglzo wrote:
    i OCd at the tea party and mlkwith no problems from the police. wasnt even approached.
    You might want to check out the post I just made over on the "OC on steps of capitol building--legal or not" thread. Seems there is an executive order that I believe is still valid that would prohibit weapons in their "weapons free zone" known as the Capital Mall Area.

Link to other thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/36970.html