• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party Rally today

bjr229

imported post

I attended today. The organization was fine, but they sure did not promote the event well. I suspect that is what you meant.

Brian

IDEagleEye

imported post

Just curious, how many showed up? Were they able to talk to anyone, or did any local news talk to them?

I checked the websites for a couple of the local TV news channels (KIVI and KTVB), and they both covered other groups that were gathering there like the ACLU of Idaho, Idaho Community Action Network and the Interfaith Alliance of Idaho, but nothing on a Tea Party.

Thanks!

bjr229

imported post

I would guess a few hundred people, but I am no expert at estimating crowd sizes.

Of interest to this group is legislation that will be introduced this session regarding firearms. There are plans to introduce a bill that will mirror the Montana approach to guns that do not cross state lines. It is part of a theme to re-assert state sovereignty. I will post more as I learn about it.

Brian

AK47hero

imported post

i OCd at the tea party and mlkwith no problems from the police. wasnt even approached.

caverat

imported post

Ya it would be great if you could post something with a little more advanced notice would enjoy showing my support. I'm native to south eastern Idaho been gone for 3 years now but trying to get back. probably more Boise way.

IDEagleEye

imported post

jugglzo wrote:
i OCd at the tea party and mlkwith no problems from the police. wasnt even approached.

You might want to check out the post I just made over on the "OC on steps of capitol building--legal or not" thread. Seems there is an executive order that I believe is still valid that would prohibit weapons in their "weapons free zone" known as the Capital Mall Area.

Link to other thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/36970.html