• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First open carry experience

Jay

imported post

Hello All,

Well I OC'd for the first time on Saturday and it went off without a hitch. I went to Tractor Supply in Chilton, Barn Store of New England in Salisbury, and Walmart in Claremont. Had one customer approach me at the deli counter he did not know it was legal to carry open. Explained to him it was we talked about his firearms he said he will start OC'ing now that he knows. He told me that he had his license and CC's all the time. Told him about this website he wrote down the address. Then on Sunday I OC'd at some stores in West Lebanon. All and all it was a very good experience.

NewHampshireNative

imported post

What time did you OC in Claremont? Seems like every damn day I'm in the super center for one thing or another. I even go there just to walk laps in store sometimes but I think Monday was the one day I did not happen to go into the store. The Claremont Walmart has no problems for the most part with you open carrying. The only problem I have ever heard of would be a Vermont couple who came over and went to a gas station on Washington street and then went over to walmart. One of the clerks or a out of state customer called the police and the state police shadowed the couple in the store while they looked at computers. What did you carry your glock? What kind of holster? My towns PD for the most part is good at gun stuff ( never really ran into them much) Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfZ65hlyKk&feature=player_embedded

Jay

imported post

NewHampshireNative wrote:
What time did you OC in Claremont? What did you carry your glock? What kind of holster?
I was their last Saturday late afternoon like between 4pm-5pm. I carry a Glock 23 .40 13+1. I use the serpa level 2 I love it great holster for open carry.