• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January 23-24th Fond Du Lac Gun Show

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Saturday and Sunday

January 23-24th

Fond Du Lac County Fairgrounds Expo Center, Hwy 45-S

Sat 8-5pm,

Sun 9-3pm $4

This is THE gun show to go to in N/E WI. Makes Oshkosh and Green Bay look tiny.

Come in on the south end of town instead of going all of the way through town on 45. I usually take Military to Pioneer and then cut up before 45. I am not user what exits are open with the construction.

Stoney-Point

imported post

Easiest and straightest way...

Hwy 41 to North 151 Bypass . (First FdL Exit from the South, Last exit from the North)

Turn Left (North)onto Martin Rd from the Bypass. (Less than 1 mile from Hwy 41).

Martin runs right next to the Fairgrounds.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

9-3 are the posted hours. The reality is that you should be there before noon. Even then there will be vendors who have already left. By 1:00 most are packing up and by 2:00 it will look baren....

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
9-3 are the posted hours. The reality is that you should be there before noon. Even then there will be vendors who have already left. By 1:00 most are packing up and by 2:00 it will look baren....
i won't be up and about that early, I have to play music sat night won't get home until after 2 am. guess i will ahve to catch the next one, likely it will be the swan club show in march. save up for a few thousand rounds of 223

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Any of you guys have a connection with the organizer? Could we maybe do a Wisconsin Carry membership drive there? PM me if you know how we can get this set up.

32HR MAG

imported post

I don't know who that would be.I will try to find out.Didn't even know it was this weekend till I read it here.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This would be a great time/place to do a membership drive for Wisconsin Carry.

Tried to call the organizer, but he is out of town. Couldn't get hold of anybody but a secretary at a dentist office who didn't know anything.

If any of you locals know if they would let us do a membership drive, let me know, I'll make the trip.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
I might head there myself. Is open carry frowned upon in these settings? Just got a duty belt and I need to try it out.
Has anyone answered your question?

It depends on what you consider OC. You may be allowed zip-tied UOC, that's Unloaded, with action zip-tied Open, Carry as is commonly required by the organizer's insurance company policy.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Bit too far of a ride just to roam around. If this is an annual event I may make plans for next year. If I go all the way up there from MKE I would not want to come back empty handed. Would need to save my pennies and see what is coming up.

32HR MAG

imported post

All firearms must be zip-tied.I am sure that this will be strongly enforced.Since at the show last year a firearm did discharge into the floor.The firearm was zip-tied,but the customer cut the zip-tie and inserted a round.He did get charged with something,can't remember what.All I know is it sure put a bad feeling in the air with Obama just being elected.

Wisconsin gun collectors, I believe is the organizer.