• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Bushmaster ACR rifle , release date 3/1/2010 MSRP $2700

Would you spend $ 2700 for a new , unproven rifle

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recvd a email newsletter today from Bushaster, saying that the release for the Bushmaster rifle was coming the beginning of march, but there was no price mentioned. So i called Bushmaster and asked them the price he said, the MSRP will start at $ 2700.oo. WOW a bit high for a rifle that was supposed to be in the $ 1500.oo RANGE.

Anyone here with a AR15.COM Account COULD YOU COPY PASTE this post to the industry forum > Bushmaster > ACR forum

Everyone has been speculating what` the MSRP will be....everyone knows that no one pays MSRP, but you can expect to pay $2100 plus for this weapon.

45acpForMe

imported post

I doubt the MSRP will include all the options like different barrel lengths and calibers, but if they did the price might be ok. On future weapons they showed several barrels to choose from and they configured a 7.62x39 version for "behind the lines - small footprint" special ops. :)

When I first heard about it I was interestedbut again the price was around $1500. Since then I already got my ar-15 and don't need one rifle with several barrels. I guess it is kind of like the SigP250 where you can change calibers etc. Some people will really want that functionality, most won't.

Future Weapons gave the first incarnation good reviews.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I doubt the MSRP will include all the options like different barrel lengths and calibers, but if they did the price might be ok. On future weapons they showed several barrels to choose from and they configured a 7.62x39 version for "behind the lines - small footprint" special ops. :)

When I first heard about it I was interestedbut again the price was around $1500. Since then I already got my ar-15 and don't need one rifle with several barrels. I guess it is kind of like the SigP250 where you can change calibers etc. Some people will really want that functionality, most won't.

Future Weapons gave the first incarnation good reviews.
the 2700 msrp will be the base version, not the enhanced model, that will be 3000 plus. i wanted one for the last 2.5 years now since it was first envisioned by Magpul, but not now with that kind of a price tag. I just bough the new Ruger SR-556 Piston rifle this will be good for a while.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I am so cheap I wouldnt even spend it on a tried and true version. I had the chance to buy a decent ar bushmaster for $799.95 at the show this weekend. I just couldnt let the money go.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I am so cheap I wouldnt even spend it on a tried and true version. I had the chance to buy a decent ar bushmaster for $799.95 at the show this weekend. I just couldnt let the money go.
i dont blame you at all, things are tight right now. i was aiming at buying the ruger this june, but decided to get it early.