Thread: Anyone here that teaches the Utah/Washington CWP Classes?

Post imported post

Looking to get a class to cover some of the other states. Looking to get it done as soon as possible. Any teachers that hang around here?

Post imported post

There are no class requirements for a Washington State CPL. Check out the Washington OC FAQ's stickied near the top of the Washington state forum.

I'm sure someone from Oregon will jump in with info on who teaches the Utah class in your area.

No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

ak56 wrote:
    There are no class requirements for a Washington State CPL. Check out the Washington OC FAQ's stickied near the top of the Washington state forum.

I'm sure someone from Oregon will jump in with info on who teaches the Utah class in your area.

Thanks, Printed out and filled the paperwork out. Do you know if i have to call and set up a appointment or just come in during the times of acceptance? Webpage doesn't seem to say.

Post imported post

Portland Metro area Utah CHL training: www.gunsmartfirearmtraining.com, once a month in Clackamas County and in other venues.

Mid valley: Oregon Firearms Academy.

Post imported post

Reverend45Cal wrote:
    ak56 wrote:

Thanks, Printed out and filled the paperwork out. Do you know if i have to call and set up a appointment or just come in during the times of acceptance? Webpage doesn't seem to say.
    Call and check with the department you are planning on filing through. I know my small-town PD only has limited days that they have finger-printing services available.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

SKN wrote:
    Portland Metro area Utah CHL training: http://www.gunsmartfirearmtraining.com, once a month in Clackamas County and in other venues.

Mid valley: Oregon Firearms Academy.
    I went through this training program for my Oregon CHL, and I give it 5 stars.

Erik.

Post imported post

BeaverCreek Armory in Hillsboro offers a combination Oregon/Utah class for $110.

It is 4 hours long and usually held on a Wednesday evening.

The staff there are excellent! Very friendly and knowledgeable, especially with CHL related questions.

From what I've read on Washington's Department of Licensing, it does not appear that any class is required to obtain their state's CPL.

Post imported post

beavertonfirearms wrote:
    From what I've read on Washington's Department of Licensing, it does not appear that any class is required to obtain their state's CPL.
    Correct, Just pay, finger print and wait 60 days for a non resident.

Post imported post

Here is UT's list of approved teachers.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tstate_063.pdf

This is who my buddy went through. If you get enough people together he will come to you. And he is listed on there approved page.

http://www.gunsmartfirearmtraining.com/CHL.html

Post imported post

beavertonfirearms wrote:
    BeaverCreek Armory in Hillsboro offers a combination Oregon/Utah class for $110.

It is 4 hours long and usually held on a Wednesday evening.

The staff there are excellent! Very friendly and knowledgeable, especially with CHL related questions.

Well i filed my paperwork with Clark County today for my WA permit. Already have a Oregon CHL, do they offer a Utah only class that you know of?

Post imported post

Yes - They have a Utah only class for $75 I believe. Not sure what times/days it's offered. PM me if you want their contact info. As was suggested earlier, I highly recommend this shop.

Only downfall is they don't support LOC. Sign on their door states all weapons must be declared and cleared. The people there are definitely awesome.

Post imported post

Would like to thank you all for your info and fast replies.