• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here that teaches the Utah/Washington CWP Classes?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are no class requirements for a Washington State CPL. Check out the Washington OC FAQ's stickied near the top of the Washington state forum.

I'm sure someone from Oregon will jump in with info on who teaches the Utah class in your area.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

ak56 wrote:
There are no class requirements for a Washington State CPL. Check out the Washington OC FAQ's stickied near the top of the Washington state forum.

I'm sure someone from Oregon will jump in with info on who teaches the Utah class in your area.

Thanks, Printed out and filled the paperwork out. Do you know if i have to call and set up a appointment or just come in during the times of acceptance? Webpage doesn't seem to say.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Reverend45Cal wrote:
ak56 wrote:

Thanks, Printed out and filled the paperwork out. Do you know if i have to call and set up a appointment or just come in during the times of acceptance? Webpage doesn't seem to say.
Call and check with the department you are planning on filing through. I know my small-town PD only has limited days that they have finger-printing services available.

beavertonfirearms

imported post

BeaverCreek Armory in Hillsboro offers a combination Oregon/Utah class for $110.

It is 4 hours long and usually held on a Wednesday evening.

The staff there are excellent! Very friendly and knowledgeable, especially with CHL related questions.

From what I've read on Washington's Department of Licensing, it does not appear that any class is required to obtain their state's CPL.

Cremator75

imported post

beavertonfirearms wrote:
From what I've read on Washington's Department of Licensing, it does not appear that any class is required to obtain their state's CPL.
Correct, Just pay, finger print and wait 60 days for a non resident.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

beavertonfirearms wrote:
BeaverCreek Armory in Hillsboro offers a combination Oregon/Utah class for $110.

It is 4 hours long and usually held on a Wednesday evening.

The staff there are excellent! Very friendly and knowledgeable, especially with CHL related questions.

Well i filed my paperwork with Clark County today for my WA permit. Already have a Oregon CHL, do they offer a Utah only class that you know of?

beavertonfirearms

imported post

Yes - They have a Utah only class for $75 I believe. Not sure what times/days it's offered. PM me if you want their contact info. As was suggested earlier, I highly recommend this shop.

Only downfall is they don't support LOC. Sign on their door states all weapons must be declared and cleared. The people there are definitely awesome.