• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts how Lobby Day went.

Do you feel that Lobby Day was a success?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2a4all wrote:
SNIP:About 50 VSP Troopers with riot gear (shields, masks, etc)had beenassembled there, and were heading back to their cars, which were parked along Governors St, Garage St, Franklin St., etc. None of these cars or personnel were present when we arrived in the morning (8:30 am).

:what:What?

Any way someone could do a freedom of information to figure out why they were there?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
2a4all wrote:
SNIP:About 50 VSP Troopers with riot gear (shields, masks, etc)had beenassembled there, and were heading back to their cars, which were parked along Governors St, Garage St, Franklin St., etc. None of these cars or personnel were present when we arrived in the morning (8:30 am).

Any way someone could do a freedom of information to figure out why they were there?
Word it very carefully to avoid being denied on the grounds that it would reveal security plans.

wylde007

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Pagan wrote:
I saw them also, but then they disappeared, or hid somewhere. The cops mingled well into the crowd during the speaches I noticed also...
The BDU cops were Richmond City and really didn't have any need to be there.
I think the guy might have been referring to the Virginia Citizens Militia Group.

If he's talking about the guys in DIGIcamo about halfway between the tower and the Poe Statue, they were VCM.

I got banned from their Yahoo Group for being too Constitutionally-minded. None of them could ever give me a straight answer when I asked them what their solution would be when the federal government decided not to listen.

Great day. Learned a lot and had a good time listening to speakers, especially the ones who want to see our sovereignty restored. OR ELSE. No more of this panty-waist asking for more permission or begging... LAST CHANCE SALOON.

simmonsjoe

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
2a4all wrote:

Sure. Just think about it. If we decided to go mob crazy, do you think 50 cops in riot gear would have been effective?? 50 batons vs 1,000 guns? Puhleez. We are historically very well behaved, organized, and disciplined. The anti's on the other hand.... Well, might need 50 VSP with riot gear cause they tend to get out of hand. They were spotted leaving at 2pm, just after the Anti's rally ended.

If they were worried about us, they would of had numerous SWAT style units walking back to their vehicles.

ForceofWill

imported post

767812486_HcZLu-L.jpg

Had a great time as well. Ate lunch with 10mm after that and before the Anti's were up. I see 10mm there too lol.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Great day and really well organized - perfect weather too.

Rally was a major hit - did miss not having a flyover though. :lol:

Got to see a lot of ol' friends + some posters that I had not eyeballed before. Great crowd, full of enthusiasm and dedication.

PVC and other speakers were spot on with their remarks.

Missed JoeS, Curtis amongst a few others including Tess and her family.

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Over 1500 armed peaceful citizens gathered at the clock tower. This one gal started waiving her small American Flag way in the back... a bicycle cop road up next to her and made yer unstaple the flag from the little 18" wooden stick the flag was attached too and confiscated it because it was dangerous.. (note to self for next year: no sticks or stones allowed at the GUN rally)

:dude:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

ed wrote:
Over 1500 armed peaceful citizens gathered at the clock tower. This one gal started waiving her small American Flag way in the back... a bicycle cop road up next to her and made yer unstaple the flag from the little 18" wooden stick the flag was attached too and confiscated it because it was dangerous.. (note to self for next year: no sticks or stones allowed at the GUN rally)

I would have told that cop to F off......in a polite way of course:lol:

simmonsjoe

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
ed wrote:

I would have told that cop to F off......in a polite way of course:lol:
That really happened?

riverrat10k

imported post

Posted this on the original thread, too.

Ok, a few comment from the day.

Entering on ninth street, having my ID and CHP checked, and then being "wanded" for....what? WTH? Yes, Ma'am, there it is right there. I'm not sure what else of concern I might have in my pockets. I was being "open" about the encounter, afterall.

Even more surreal was observing a bicycle cop hand off two, two-foot length US flags to another officer for safekeeping until the end of the rally. Apparently, no signs or flags on sticks are allowed. This while looking around and seeing a dozen guys and gals OC'ing. I guess waving sticks is brandishing.

I was actually very excited about seeing all the interest groups press their arguements. I foundgetting in the bureaucrats faces invigorating. Government by the people and all that. I used to park in lot that was on the site of Patrick Henry's famous speech. I felt a sense of history being made today as I watched speakers expounding from the same ground from which issued the words of Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe. This town is great for the history buff.

A VCDL member and I had about 10-15 minutes with Minoli Loupasi (sp?, sorry), our delegate. We presented the VCDL position paper. He immediately asked us what we though of his bill? He is sponsoring, I believe, HB 1210, I thinkallowing circuit court judges to cc under any circumstance, similar to Kaine's DA/CA carry rule. We advised that we weren't AGANST it because everyone not otherwise known to be a bg should have the same right as proposed for the judges. He was less than forthcoming as to why he was sponsoring the bill. Will try to pin that down a bit. Overall, seemed receptive to our message.

Edit to correct bill number

Infidel

imported post

10:33 pm, Fox news @ 10:00; Richmond 11 had the Lobby Day Rally on, never mentioned VCDL, just Gun Rights advocates. Interviewed someone talking about campus carry. They did show the crowd differances from us to the anti's crowd. But at least their was a mention of the days activities.

riverrat10k

imported post

2a4all wrote:
We alsosaw several BDU-clad police officers among the crowd during the 11:00 - 12:30 rallys, but the real surprise came when we left the rally area to head back to our car about 2:00pm. We strolled down the walkway in Capitol Square toward the Governor's Mansion, and out to Governors St. About 50 VSP Troopers with riot gear (shields, masks, etc)had beenassembled there, and were heading back to their cars, which were parked along Governors St, Garage St, Franklin St., etc. None of these cars or personnel were present when we arrived in the morning (8:30 am). We walked among them as they were leaving, but didn't speak. I'm sure they saw that I was armed, but none seemed to notice.

Perhaps they didn't expect security problems, but they were prepared.
Did not see this. Wow. Very interesting.